going home/dying

eternaldisneyfan

<font color=royalblue>Have an Attitude of Gratitud
I am now on hospice and preparing to die.

on october 10 I spiked a fever & went to the hospital. I was also in extreme pain.

I had a blood infection & scans revealed my gallbladder burst and I had necrosed tissue.

i was able to transfer to the picu. after debate a drain was placed to remove leaking fluid from my gallbladder. really helped my bloating.

I am on an i.v. pca dilaudid drip to control pain. I haven't been off the vent in a month due to infection issues.

I was determined too high risk for surgery and am home on hospice.

my temperature is 100.5 which means the blood infection may be returning. i will not treat it (came from gallbladder leak originally) if it returns.

I know there is life after death & I have great things waiting. I have a post prepared that will be put up by family after I die.

thank you for all your support. I ask for prayers for my family. if you'd like to send a card, you can message me for my address.

Sending lots of prayers for you and your family.

You have been a source of inspiration to others. I have no doubt that you are going to a better place and hope you have a peaceful journey there.:grouphug:

Christamae, I just read your entire trip report! You are one amazing young lady! Your writing is a true gift~ heartwarming, funny, inspirational. Your family is an example of pure love, selflessness, an example of perservearance and faith. Your shared experiences will stay with me always and I will never watch Wishes again without thinking of you!

You've had a long, courageous journey, I'm quite familiar with Muscular Dystrophy. Your amazing spirit and outlook on life HAS outshined any challenge that has brought to you. I see a beautiful, talented girl with a passion for life that few see. Your gifts you shared, in your trip report alone are gems that will remain ingrained in the hearts of anyone who has or may read. I'm sure anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting you and loving you will carry your light in their hearts.

I wish for you peace, love and light. :hug:
Beth

I'm so sorry. This sounds pretty familiar to me.

I woke up with a fever in July and went to the hospital by ambulance by the end of the day. I was in ICU on a vent with a feeding tube for over a week. Leakage from my common bile duct/intestines - e coli sepsis.

I was not expected to live. My heart, kidneys, and liver were shutting down. I have been in the hospital a couple of times since as the defect in my bile duct is still there. I do have a temporary stent right now.

No one has told me that I am terminal but if I get the sepsis again I might not be so lucky the next time.

Best wishes to a lovely person.

I hadn't read your trip report, so when I saw your post I went back and read it. I was just astounded by your beautiful spirit. I didn't really know what to say last night, but I couldn't get you off my mind. I just wanted to write and say that from reading I could tell you are a wonderful person.

Sending prayers for a peaceful journey for you and peace for your family!

I am a about three-quarters of the way through your previous trip report. How is it that I am only now reading about you and how wonderful you are?

Bless you and know that I, and we all here, are touched by you and your story.

Sending prayers to you and your family. I really enjoyed your posts and your trip reports.

I just finished reading your trip report. You are an amazing storyteller and I am sure you are an amazing person whose stories and strength have touched many.

I wish you all the best and your family all the strength they need. No matter how much you prepare for it, you can never be really prepared. You and they will be in my thoughts. :hug:

I just read your trip report, I wish I could comment on it. It needs to be bumped to the top, so many people could benefit from reading it and learn from you. You are such an inspiration and an amazing person. God bless and prayers for you and your family.

I just read your trip report, I wish I could comment on it. It needs to be bumped to the top, so many people could benefit from reading it and learn from you. You are such an inspiration and an amazing person. God bless and prayers for you and your family.

The thread itself is on the Completed Trip Reports Board.
It is not closed exactly, but I believe once those threads are put in that forum, they can no longer be posted to. I am contacting the Moderator of that Board to see about posting a link to this thread on her trip report thread.

There is a link to that thread in post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

Sending good thoughts your way. You've been a wonderful person to have on the boards. I'm glad that you seem to be at peace with where you are and hope that you are able to enjoy what you can in your remaining time. I hope the rest of your family is also able to find their own levels of peace.

I originally found this thread on the Community board Saturday night. I read it and thought it was sad and decided to read the trip report link. I was humbled by what I read and what I take for granted. OP you are an inspiration and I'm sending prayers and hopes of comfort for you and your loving family. Take care.

I just wanted to tell you that I read your entire trip report. I couldnt stop reading it and spent hours. You are a fantastic writer. I am so happy that you got to take that trip to WDW. You and your family are an inspiration. I will never be able to go on another vacation, without thinking of you and your family. When we arrive at our hotel and lug our stuff in, I will always think of your Dad..........what an angel he is.

I am praying for comfort for all of you.

I had a blood infection & scans revealed my gallbladder burst and I had necrosed tissue.

i was able to transfer to the picu. after debate a drain was placed to remove leaking fluid from my gallbladder. really helped my bloating.

I am on an i.v. pca dilaudid drip to control pain. I haven't been off the vent in a month due to infection issues.

I was determined too high risk for surgery and am home on hospice.

my temperature is on the rise which means the blood infection may be returning. i will not treat it (came from gallbladder leak originally) if it returns.

I know there is life after death & I have great things waiting. I have a post prepared that will be put up by family after I die...

going downhill. fever for a week on hospice-infection probably back, already spreadinfected my ear. being admitted the 26th to go home/die with sedation. thanks for being part of my life.

(((hugs))),

Christamae

I dont know you or your story, but hugs. May you tell your loved ones everything you want them to know and may you leave this world peaceful and with no regreat. God Bless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter