Going back to WDW for Liam's 9th Birthday! 5/29-6/3 WE ARE BACK!!!

Corrine 1973

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
I am so happy to announce
We are going back to Walt Disney World for Liam's 9th Birthday
I have made reservations, so now it is time to plan:banana::banana::banana:
157.jpg

It all started about a week ago.
I was going through movies on Netflix and found on Walt Disney World.
I started feeling nastolgic over the Wish trip the family took in September of 2009.
This got me thinking.
I have four kids and right now there is just no way the budget can afford everyone to go.
That's when I got the idea that I would take each child seperatly for a special birthday gift.
Liam is the oldest and turning 9 this year so now I had decide if I could swing it this year
or had to wait until next.
Fate must have been smiling on me because the Kids play for free program was the deciding factor.

We will be staying at the All-Star Sports from May 29th-June 3.
DisneyAllstarsports.jpg

I chose the Quick-Service plan because I don't think Liam will like all the waiting for sit down resteraunts.
I didn't even relize that May 30 is Memorial day until after I booked.
Hopefully it wont be to crazy.:confused3

So far not to many plans.
Just bought a book to see what was new this year.
I also hit the Disney store yesterday and found a buzz lightyear suitcase,
a mickey mouse shirt,
and a Phinias and Ferb shirt for under $17 dollars.
I am planning give these to Liam for his birthday.

I have already talked with Liam about the trip,
but was thinking about staying quite about it until his birthday.
I hope to make it a big surprise for his birthday but I don't know if this is going to work.:confused3

What is thekids play free ?
Subbing!

It is a special promotion that if you stay at a resort (paying full price), you get free base tickets for the kids for the length of the stay. The promotion is only good for certain dates and must be booked by a certain time.

So today I had one of those rare (OK I admite not so rare:rotfl2:) moments
where I let the excitment of going back to Walt Disney World get the better of me.
I went to Border's yesterday and in my excitement bought a book for Disney World.
I brought it home and started reading it.
Than this morning I checked on my order for Amazon.com
and relized that I had already ordered the book that I just bought.:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
Oh, well.
At least the let me return it back to the store.:thumbsup2

Image398.jpg

Here is our Cast of Characters:

First there is me.
My name is Corrine and I am the mom.
I am totally addicted to WDW
even though this will only be my second trip their!

Next is Liam.
It is for his birthday that we are going to Walt Disney World.
(Our at least that is what I keep telling him.)
He will turn 9 right before our trip.
Will still be in school so waiting for weekend for trip.
232.jpg

Than there is Mia
The only girl of the bunch
She will not be going this time
But we are already talking about a 8th birthday celebration in 2013
To see the Fantasyland expansion.
Image762.jpg

Next is Aidan
He will be four in June
He will not be coming either this time
But is anxiously waiting for his trip to come
233.jpg

Last but not least is Rylan.
His birthday is in just under a month
Funny is that he was with us during our last trip to WDW
Just didn't know it yet
250.jpg

We have only been to WDW once before
that was for Liam's Wish Trip and we are excited to be able to enjoy the park on all 6 days
(at least that's the plan.)
Liam has Cystic Fibrosis and because of that there are alot of things to juggle.
I will be renting a stroller or wheelchair for him if I can't find someone to borrow them from around here.
Unfortunalty the stollers I own will not work for him.:guilty:

Last but not least, I made ressies.
I thought that the 50's Prime Time Cafe would be great for Liam's birthday lunch on May 31st at 1:10
I thought he would get a kick out of it
and the person who helped us with our reservation told me to make sure they knew it was for his birthday.
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
50-s-prime-time-cafe.jpg

So here I am at Liam doctors office. Liam is participating in a study drug and needs to see the doctor every 8 weeks. Have been here since 9am and will not be able to leave till about 3pm. :scared1: Oh well at least they feed him McDonalds for lunch (and believe me he is hungry because he can't eat in the morning) and they are letting me long into there internet access. Liam's favorite part is that he doesn't have to do his morning treatments today. :hippie:

I am waiting for my tax check to clear the bank so that I can finish paying of Disney and preorder the photopass. I will feel a lot better when it is all taken care of. We have also made a plan for the parks with the things we definatly must do, things we want to do, and things to do if there is time.:woohoo:

Got a little scared because I got an email from the airline telling me that one of the departure times had changed. I had purposely chosen our arrival day for a morning flight and our departure day as a late flight and feared that it was now messed up. Sighing in relief, I saw that our departure flight for Friday was pushed back an half of an hour.:thumbsup2

Talked to WDW and they will waive the fee for a fridge as long as I have a doctor's note saying we need one. Good news because I wasn't looking forward to shelling out $60 for one. More money to spend in Disney.:yay::cheer2::yay:

Still looking for a Stroller that Liam will fit into for our trip. Will rent one from Disney if I have to, but hoping to find on more comfortable that I can use everywhere. There is a special needs push chair on ebay right now for $75, but if it goes any higher it will be out of the question. Going to talk to doctor while we are here to see what he recommends and if there is anywhere we can rent one from and have insurance pay for it. :confused3 Wish me look.

Last but not least, relizing that we are going to Dinsey in just over 3 months and I am going to be doing all of the walking I freaked.:scared1::eek::scared1: I have not done any exercising at all this winter. So I put my butt in gear and started walking the mall last Wednesday. I have since gone everyother day, walking one side of mall to other and hope to several trips as time goes by. So far walking one end to the other and back again is just over 2 miles. Also got new Scechers that will be nicely broken in by our trip.:dance3::cheer2::dance3:

yah for 3 months to go

Good luck with the new drug treatment

can you rent a handicap stroller?

The doctors assistant is looking into it for us. She talked to the medical provider who can provide a large wheelchair, if I can get something smaller I would prefer it. I have looked into renting one in Florida but with what I need it will run me $120 dollars. The PA called Make a Wish to see what provider they use so hopefully we can find one that insurance will pay for. If I have to rent, I will, but I am looking for the least expensive option as possible.

Unfortunatly Liam's lung functions are down and he has lost 2lbs in 8weeks. He is currently only 51 pounds and will be 9 in may.:eek: Doctor put on an antibiotic, so hopefully that works.

GREAT NEWS!!!!

After checking about every day about reservations for the Fantasmic Dining Package,
I became lucky today for there was some available.
So now we have reservations for Mama Melrose for May 31st
mamamelrose.jpg

That include Fantasmic seats!!!! Yea!!!
:banana::banana::banana:
fantasmic.jpg

Unfortunatly that clashed with our other reservations
so I canceled them and rescheduled them for Friday June 3rd!!!!​

:yay::yay::yay:

GREAT NEWS!!!!

After checking about every day about reservations for the Fantasmic Dining Package, I became lucky today for there was some available. So now we have reservations for Mama Melrose for May 31st that include Fantasmic seats!!!! Yea!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Unfortunatly that clashed with our other reservations so I canceled them and rescheduled them for Friday June 3rd!!!!
:yay::yay::yay:

I love that everything is coming together for your trip! :lovestruc

Let me first appologize for not being on here for the last week. Let's just say that life with 3 young kids can sometimes be an adventure in itself.:hippie:

Liam has a follow up appointment tomarrow and hopefully his lung functions and weight is up. Good news is that my weight is down. I have lost 6 pounds since starting to walk. It has encouraged me to watch what I eat and keep up with the walking. Pictures of Disney and Disney Music on my mp3 has also helped.:smickey:

We started up Disney Movie Nights at my house again. I just decided on watching a movie since the other kids were not going. I don't want to cause any problems of jealousy. I have told them all that they will be going on a special birthday when they are older, but sometimes younger kids don't understand the concept of later.:confused3

I was going to do it once a week, but since our next movie from Netflix came on Sat, Liam wanted to see it right away. So if it all works out we will be doing movie's on Sat/Sun and Weds.

Our first movie last week was The Jungle Book. It was cute because it had all the kids standing up and dancing to The Bare Necessities.:rotfl:
junglebook.jpg

Than we watched Meet the Robinsons on Sunday. Liam loved the dinosaur.
meet_the_robinsons_ver2.jpg

We are planing on watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest tonight.
PiratesoftheCaribbean1.jpg

I saw the widget on my computer today and relized that we are less than 90 days away from our Walt Disney Trip!!!pixiedust:
Time for some serious planning.:lmao:

Here is our plans. Planned by me with help from Liam.
It is his birthday trip after all.:bday:

Sunday,May 29th
We depart from Chicago at 7:59 am
Arrive at Florida at 11:30am
Check in and eat lunch
Go to Magic Kingdom.
Only main plans for today is to see night time parade and fireworks.
MK2.jpg

Monday, May 30th
Go to EPCOT
Do future world first and do World Showcase in afternoon
Liam say he will try Soarin':cool1:
[
EPCOT.jpg

[
Sorry about that, some how it got posted before I was done. I even had to go in and edit it to make it pretty.:confused3

Back to the planing.:yay::yay::yay:

Tuesday, May 31
Disney Hollywood Studios
Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are a must.
Have reservations for 2:10 at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic dining Package)
See Fantasmic
DHS.jpg

Wednesday, June 1
Magic Kingdom
So much to do so little time:rotfl2:
MK1.jpg

Thursday, June 2
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Definatly have to do Kilimangaro Safaris
Festival of Lion King and Finding Nemo are also a must.
DAK.jpg

Friday, June 3
Disney Hollywood Studios
Try to get Liam into Star Wars Parade
Enjoy Star Wars Weekends.
Reservations for 50's Prime Time Cafe at 12:50
Image390.jpg

Just read through your PTR...all of your plans sound great! It's wonderful that you get to take a trip with Liam. I'm sure it will be an amazing time for the both of you. I've also watched three of the Disney Parks movies on Instant Netflix already :rotfl: Happy Planning...and good luck with Liam's new treatment!

Just read through your PTR...all of your plans sound great! It's wonderful that you get to take a trip with Liam. I'm sure it will be an amazing time for the both of you. I've also watched three of the Disney Parks movies on Instant Netflix already :rotfl: Happy Planning...and good luck with Liam's new treatment!

Thanks for stoping by.:cheer2::cheer2:

Hope to see you at Mama Melrose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter