Going away boot camp gift ?

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
I was invited to a party for someone(19 yr old) going away to bootcamp. We are related but i've never met him. I just was reunited with this part of the family.

What gift do i buy? I was thinking a giftcard(target or wal-mart) so he can buy a few things he will need for bootcamp but I dunno ? Any advice?

I have another questions
at this same party they were going to be celebrating 2 other people's Bday but i got notice they added another person so its now 3 bdays and 1 going away. I only know one of the people having a bday so Do i buy a gift for each or just the one i know. This party might turnout to be to expesive to go to if i need to buy 4 gifts-lol!

I was invited to a party for someone(19 yr old) going away to bootcamp. We are related but i've never met him. I just was reunited with this part of the family.

What gift do i buy? I was thinking a giftcard(target or wal-mart) so he can buy a few things he will need for bootcamp but I dunno ? Any advice?

Money or a gift card. He wont really be able to bring anything with him. Not sure which branch but he may not be able to bring anything at all. Money or a gift card he can use now or when he is done at boot camp.

one more question this is also for a birthday party for 2 other people. I only know 1 of them so the celebration for 3 i only know and have meet 1 so ...
do i ....
-buy gifts for all 3
-buy a bday gift for the 1 I know
-buy a gift for the 2 bday people and a gift for bootcamp
-buy a gift for the one i know and just a card for bootcamp
- does the one going away to bootcamp get a gift ?

whats the right thing to do. These are all adults

When my son left for bootcamp the things he got the most use out of where postcards that where already addressed and stamped, stamps,notecards, and phone cards. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Agree with above about money or giftcards. Probably depends on the branch but USMC boots can't bring much with them. Giftcards and cash they can leave behind until they graduate and then have them to use.

Could always donate to them buying something special for their uniform after boot camp. But like everyone said, they can't take much with them. Postcards and stamps would be about it.

I guess for the bootcamp gift $$ will be good. now I'll wait for responses for my other question i posted in post #1

thanks

BTW everyone celebrating bdays are adults.

I think you should consider what makes you feel the most comfortable. Would you feel uncomfortable showing up to a party without a present for all recipients? If not, then only purchase for those you know. If you would feel uncomfortable, then purchase a reasonable gift for the two that you know and something small for the other two recipients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter