GLBTQ Teens (And some straights too!) come on in and chat!

Well, let's see.

I'm a bit confused. Are they talking about equality for gays? If so, well, they still aren't treated as equals. Gay marriage is legal, but only in select states. Gay rights groups are trying to get all states to legalize it. The last state I heard of was Iowa, I believe.

Anyone else want to discuss? The Gay/Lesbian at Disney boards (right below the Teen boards on the homepage here) may be able to help a little, too (although they are mostly adults; I seem to be about the only teen)

Gay marriage isn't legal in "select states". Marriage itself is only legal in one, Massachusetts. Civil unions or some form of domestic partnership (which may or may not grant some or all of the same rights as a heterosexual marriage) are granted or recognized in ten states (I believe).

Gay marriage isn't legal in "select states". Marriage itself is only legal in one, Massachusetts. Civil unions or some form of domestic partnership (which may or may not grant some or all of the same rights as a heterosexual marriage) are granted or recognized in ten states (I believe).

I'm pretty sure that it's legal in Idaho as well as Mass. I could be wrong, though.

Nope. Idaho keeps trying to pass an amendment to their state constitution defining marriage as a union between a woman and a man, actually. Like everyone else. h8.

Actually, as I read on the Gay/Lesbian at Disney Boards, Iowa court rules that same-sex couples CAN marry.

Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1713915

Massachusetts is also legal. Other states, you can have commitment ceremonies, but it's not the same.

Anyone here who is Gay/Lesbian/Bi and has come out? What's it been like for you?

It's amazing that it's becoming less taboo as it was, say, 10 years ago, even. Still, some people (like that dang lady from Oklahoma who bashed homosexuals. Anyone see that?! I wanna smack her so hard!) are homophobes. Unfortunately, some of those people are struggling with their sexualities themselves...

CSP!!

:D

I love Ellens show, I didn't even know she was les. until her show a couple of days ago!

Actually, as I read on the Gay/Lesbian at Disney Boards, Iowa court rules that same-sex couples CAN marry.

Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1713915

Massachusetts is also legal. Other states, you can have commitment ceremonies, but it's not the same.

Anyone here who is Gay/Lesbian/Bi and has come out? What's it been like for you?

It's amazing that it's becoming less taboo as it was, say, 10 years ago, even. Still, some people (like that dang lady from Oklahoma who bashed homosexuals. Anyone see that?! I wanna smack her so hard!) are homophobes. Unfortunately, some of those people are struggling with their sexualities themselves...

IOWA!!! That was the "i" state I was thinking of.

BUMP!!

Happy National Day of Silence, everyone! For anyone confused on what Day of Silence is, go to:

www.dayofsilence.org

RIP all who have been killed over this.

Don't grow up silent. Think of the voices which you are not hearing today.

How will YOU break the silence?

To all who are participating today, shine on!

Bumping yet again!

So I'm sure you all heard about Cali!

GO CALI!!

And aww, Ellen and Portia! I'm so happy for them!

BUMP!!

Happy National Day of Silence, everyone! For anyone confused on what Day of Silence is, go to:

www.dayofsilence.org

RIP all who have been killed over this.

Don't grow up silent. Think of the voices which you are not hearing today.

How will YOU break the silence?

To all who are participating today, shine on!

omg i did that
My school participated me and my friend kayla, for the whole school day, did not say one word. It was soooo hard but it was great, so worth it.

Name: Reid
Orientation: Gay
Current Status: Single ( always been LOL)
Came out: november 17 2007 7:15pm (LOL i noted)

Aww, I'm sorry! *blushes*

I guess I haven't noticed that you're on there, too!

I'm cur-rent-ly single, but have a crush on my best friend.

And yeahh she's straight. I'm soooo smooth!

Ouch. I feel your pain!

She hasn't had a bf in a while, but she's totally straight...dang it...

I did have a gf, but...yeah...didn't work out in the end. We're still friends, though. So that's good.

And haha, I'd totally go out with you, I guess...I mean...yeah...lol

Name: Hazzi
Orientation: Bi
I'm a closet case ;)

Welcome aboard, Hazzi!!

*Throws confetti around wildly* Yeah!! Yeah!!

(And whaddya mean, "kinda" single?) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter