Glass Bottom Boat on Castaway Cay?

Melitious

Earning My Ears
I did a quick forum search but didn't get too much detail. We leave on our DCL Dream cruise on the 28th. Right now, the only thing we have schedule on Castaway Cay is the glass bottom boat tour. We have three kids aged 2-5. Is this excursion worth it? I read in the DCL Passporter that the boat is crowded and the glass is scratched and cloudy. Should we just cancel this and enjoy the beach?

Thanks for your help!

We did the glass bottom boat in 2005, no kids. I though we would see more varieties of fish then we did. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't do it again. You have to stand up to see the fish through the viewing window in the bottom of the boat and I agree that the viewing window was cloudy. There wasn't a good way to take pictures of the fish either.

We did this this past August and it was ok. As people have been saying the window was cloudy and scratchy and hard to see the fishes well. If I was given an option to do this excursion again I would pass on it.

We did the glass bottom boat in Nov 2010, I agree, it was ok. My daughter was about 20mos, the only part that she liked was being able to feed the fish, with the tiny amount of oatmeal they gave. I was disappointed with the viewing area.

My parents did this in May of last year while I went parasailing. They didn't love it. They did enjoy the tidbits of information the boat captain shared and enjoyed seeing the cay from a different vantage point but didn't think it was worth the money or time spent.

Sounds like I need to cancel my ressie. Wasn't sure about it but now it is definitely a no-go.

Thanks for everyone's opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter