GKTW Fundraiser: Coasting for Kids 2013 - West Coast vs East Coast

Looks like Team East added a new member. Nicole's link is now on the first post.

Please let me know if I've missed anyone there.

I think Aimee is in too but hasn't set up her fundraising page yet. I'll check and let you know.

Hello all!

We are now working together with Teresa and Kathy and their flattie factory! :thumbsup2 If you can't participate in person, your flattie can. We'll post pictures of your flattie enjoying your day riding coasters for GKTW both on our facebook page and here on the forums. You can pick your team...Team East!!!:cool1: or Team West. We will provide a link and more info soon, so stay tuned!!!

Hello all!

We are now working together with Teresa and Kathy and their flattie factory! :thumbsup2 If you can't participate in person, your flattie can. We'll post pictures of your flattie enjoying your day riding coasters for GKTW both on our facebook page and here on the forums. You can pick your team...Team East!!!:cool1: or Team West. We will provide a link and more info soon, so stay tuned!!!

:thumbsup2 Cool! We should "plus it" a bit and let the flatties' "parents" decide what park they would like their flatties to visit. For example, if any of the flatties wanted to go to King's Dominion, Teresa or Kathy could mail me the flatties before the event and I will take them on the coasters with me and take pictures. :)

:thumbsup2 Cool! We should "plus it" a bit and let the flatties' "parents" decide what park they would like their flatties to visit. For example, if any of the flatties wanted to go to King's Dominion, Teresa or Kathy could mail me the flatties before the event and I will take them on the coasters with me and take pictures. :)

I think we're just trying to make it easy on Kathy and Teresa by limited it to two Parks. Could be a bit much to send out flatties for 10 different parks. JMHO

Ok everyone...here's your flattie info!

Teresa and Kathy have been kind enough to help us out by offering their flattie services through Flattie Vacations for Give Kids the World. If your Flattie would like to be a virtual rider for Dis Coasterpalooza 1.0 East or West you can make your $25 donation here Flattie vacations for GKTW order page. Please mention that it is for Coasting for Kids and what team you'd like to represent...Team East (WDW pride) or Team West (DL pride).

Pictures of your flattie will be posted on our facebook group page Coasting For Kids Facebook Event Page and we will have a thread here on our Dis forums.

Please help this wonderful charity by making your donation now!!

2 of us are doing the Kings Island event. I've raised 125 bucks from donations to my page so far but I was determined to try to something fun at work to raise even more moolah. (I work in the corporate office of a financial business.) Today I made a game by slipping pieces of paper into balloons and then blowing them up and tying them off. Each slip contains one of the following: a money amount from 25 cents up to 5 dollars, a multiplier from 1x up to 5x the prize amount, or the word LOSER.

If someone wants to play, they simply pay $2.00 and pick two balloons. If a prize amount and a multiplier are selected, they win the amount of the prize multiplied by the amount of the multiplier. If one or both slips are a prize amount where no multiplier is also selected, they win the total amount of the selected prize(s). All other picks (including two different multipliers result in no win.

It's a huge hit! The max payout is $25.00 but that's only if someone actually gets both the $5.00 balloon and the 5x multiplier (there are two of each) at the same time. So far, I've made 27 bucks in just under an hour and I have only granted 50 cents in prizes (2 - 25 cent balloons where no multiplier was selected)! Right now there is only one 5x multiplier left and both $5.00 prizes are left. Most small money winners just donate it to the cause or use it try again. I started with 100 balloons...

With any luck, if this keeps going, I could be at quite a bit of money by the end of this month! I'll just keep adding balloons, reusing the same slips of paper.

2 of us are doing the Kings Island event. I've raised 125 bucks from donations to my page so far but I was determined to try to something fun at work to raise even more moolah. (I work in the corporate office of a financial business.) Today I made a game by slipping pieces of paper into balloons and then blowing them up and tying them off. Each slip contains one of the following: a money amount from 25 cents up to 5 dollars, a multiplier from 1x up to 5x the prize amount, or the word LOSER.

If someone wants to play, they simply pay $2.00 and pick two balloons. If a prize amount and a multiplier are selected, they win the amount of the prize multiplied by the amount of the multiplier. If one or both slips are a prize amount where no multiplier is also selected, they win the total amount of the selected prize(s). All other picks (including two different multipliers result in no win.

It's a huge hit! The max payout is $25.00 but that's only if someone actually gets both the $5.00 balloon and the 5x multiplier (there are two of each) at the same time. So far, I've made 27 bucks in just under an hour and I have only granted 50 cents in prizes (2 - 25 cent balloons where no multiplier was selected)! Right now there is only one 5x multiplier left and both $5.00 prizes are left. Most small money winners just donate it to the cause or use it try again. I started with 100 balloons...

With any luck, if this keeps going, I could be at quite a bit of money by the end of this month! I'll just keep adding balloons, reusing the same slips of paper.

Great Idea! :cheer2:

Happy Friday, Coasting For Kids Riders! I am excited to (finally) announce the itinerary for Dorney Park. I have included the details below, which have also been updated on www.coastingforkids.org. It looks like it was worth the wait...Stinger, Steel Force, Talon and Hydra are the coasters you will be marathon riding in less than a month. Registration time & location: 9-9:30 a.m. at the Main Gate Parking is $15 per vehicle Event time: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Marathon will take place on: Stinger: 9:30 – 10 a.m. Steel Force: 10 a.m. – Noon Talon: 2 – 3:30 p.m. Hydra: 3:30 – 5 p.m. Meal time & location: Noon – 1 p.m. at Food Fest Grove Awards ceremony time and location: 1:30 p.m. Center Stage Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Prizes: 1st Place: Dorney Park prize pack including four 2013 Dorney Park general admission tickets ($400 value) 2nd Place: Dorney Park Haunt prize pack including four 2013 Dorney Park Haunt admission tickets ($300 value) 3rd Place: Give Kids The World gift basket It means a lot to us that you dedicated yourselves to an event when you had no idea what was in store. Thank you for your support and Happy Coasting! Kara Dhuse Assistant Manager, Special Events Give Kids The World 210 South Bass Road Kissimmee, Florida 34746 P/ 407 396 1114 ext. 4504 KaraD@gktw.org | givekidstheworld.org

Currently West Coast team has a total of $2456

East Coast has a total of $1711

Come on team East!!!!!! Let's team west who's boss!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!