GKTW EVENT: NJ DIS Meet Weekend - APRIL 25-27! THE TOTAL IS IN!!!!

Well, I survived. Hope your Monday was better than expected. =)

Heck, I hope everyone's Monday is better than expected.

Ditto! I'm taking a mental health day today. I'm exhausted! This whole time change thing needs to stop already.

I don't know how I did it, but I got to school earlier than ever today even with the time change! :lmao: I set my alarm for 5 AM and kept hitting "Snooze" until 6 when I finally got up. The cats were running around like little jitterbugs, and I made it to my classroom by 7. Everyone kept saying how awake I was. Well, by 12:30, I needed a major caffeine dose. lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!

DaveAvanzino-1.jpg

Check out this Steampunk Sleeping Beauty lithograph! How cool is this? YOU could win it at this year's NJ DIS Meet for GKTW! It is hand-signed by Artist Dave Avanzino himself and a part of our auctions. Join us in April for a chance to bring this piece home!

To register and participate, click here:
http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event_ext.aspx?EventID=2139000422

Are the tasty cakes going to be chocolate covered this year..that could get even messier.

I found something pretty cool yesterday when surfing/shopping on Amazon.

If you shop through the link http://smile.amazon.com/, you can designate a charity (GKTW is on the list), and 5% of your order will go to that charity.

Hey, every little bit helps, right?

Of course (to stay on topic), joining us at the NJ DIS Meet next month is also a fabulous way to support Give Kids The World, too. =)

Are the tasty cakes going to be chocolate covered this year..that could get even messier.

We were going to use the same kind, but may have to throw a curveball in. Muhahahahaha.

So is anyone planning on wearing the shirts from last year to this years meet?

I may one night! :)

I found something pretty cool yesterday when surfing/shopping on Amazon.

If you shop through the link http://smile.amazon.com/, you can designate a charity (GKTW is on the list), and 5% of your order will go to that charity.

Hey, every little bit helps, right?

Of course (to stay on topic), joining us at the NJ DIS Meet next month is also a fabulous way to support Give Kids The World, too. =)

This is absolutely awesome. Do they do it all of the time? If so, could you post a separate thread about it? There's a lot of people who use Amazon here that might want to do this!

This is absolutely awesome. Do they do it all of the time? If so, could you post a separate thread about it? There's a lot of people who use Amazon here that might want to do this!

Yes- this is ALL the time. :cool1:
Actually I have been doing this for months now (maybe 6 months?) since I saw it on these boards. I think Leah may have posted it? I know it was before the holidays.
You just have to make sure you always sign into amazon using the "smile.amazon.com" address.

So is anyone planning on wearing the shirts from last year to this years meet?
I'm bringing one to the weekend, but likely wearing it on one of the evening events.

I would encourage anyone who has one to wear it though!!!
:cool1:Show your NJ DIS Pride!!:cool1:

I've been home with the stomach flu today and slept the entire afternoon. Ugh. Is this how spring begins? lol

Hey Nikki - hope you're feeling better today! Love the basket graphic. =)

Happy Friday, everyone!

I've been home with the stomach flu today and slept the entire afternoon. Ugh. Is this how spring begins? lol

I hope you're feeling better Nikki!

I don't have a Dis tee shirt, but I have lots of Disney themed ones, so I'm sure I will wear one of them on Saturday and another on Sunday. Are a bunch of people planning to make it to breakfast on Sunday morning? We'll be at the hotel, so I'm thinking we will participate before we head back to Long Island.

Ty all! I wound up having norovirus. It lasted three days and was absolutely HORRIBLE. I am about 90% back to normal now.

I live nearby, but will be over there for breakfast as well as the other events. There are lots of Disney shirts to choose from in my closet!

When is everybody arriving for the weekend?

When is everybody arriving for the weekend?

I was just thinking about that... who's working that day? I'm at least taking a half-day. So, that would get me to the hotel around 3pm. If I take the whole day, I would probably roll in around noon. What about the rest of you?

My mom is working Friday, so we're rolling in Saturday morning in time for the main event. I doubt the hotel will have our room ready at 10 am, so I think we're going to aim to get in around 11 am for the event start and then check into the hotel between then end of main event and the evening activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter