GKTW Event: NJ DIS Meet Weekend, 2015 - April 24-26! RAISED $14,658.30!!!!!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!

NJ-DIS-MEET.jpg

WHEN: Friday, April 24 - Sunday, April 26

WHERE: Bridgewater, New Jersey

WHAT: Mark your calendars for a fun-filled weekend! Several events scheduled including a chance to meet and greet with new and old DIS friends, games, prizes, silent auction, kids' activities, and more!
ALL proceeds go to Give Kids the World!

WHO: All are invited, so bring your family and friends! They need not be Disney fans to join in on the fun!

SPECIAL GUESTS: Pete Werner, Dustin West, Kathy Werling, Teresa Echols, JeniLynn Knopp, and Craig Williams from The DIS Unplugged and Kaylee Rodriguez from Give Kids the World!

EVENT DETAILS

Locations:

Friday Night: Welcome Mixer - We are "Shore" Glad You're Here!
Green Knoll Grill, Bridgewater
7-9 PM
Hot Appetizers, Games, & Fun!
Full Menu Available Before or After Mixer
Tiki Bar Open
$20 for Adults; Kids (12 & Under) Free

Saturday: Convention Hall (Main Event) - Meets, Eats, & Other Treats
The Elks, Somerville
11 AM - 4 PM
Full Buffet Lunch
Boardwalk Games, Face Painting, & Temporary Tattoos
Shopping Down the Shore at Our Very Own Mall!
Silent & Ticket Auctions
DIS Unplugged Podcast Recording
Meet & Greet with Disney Fans & Members of the DIS Unplugged
$40 for Adults; Kids for $20

Saturday Night: DIS AFTER DARK - Night at the Boardwalk
Hilton Garden Inn, Bridgewater
7-10 PM
Shore Snacks & Treats
Streetsmosphere Characters
Boardwalk Games
Photo Booth Fun
Fortune Teller
Live Improv Comedy Show w/Audience & Members of the DIS Unplugged!
$25 for Adults; $10 for Kids

Sunday: Farewell Breakfast Hilton Garden Inn, Bridgewater
On Your Own
Meet up with friends in the hotel cafe & lounge to say goodbye!

Weekend Package Pricing:

Adults: Tickets to all events, shopping bag, five raffle tickets - $80 ($5 less than a la carte prices!)
Kids Package (12 & Younger): Tickets to all events, one free tattoo, five free raffle tickets - $30

Hotel Information:

We have several rooms blocked out for our event at the Hilton Garden Inn, the same hotel used for DIS After Dark. It is less than five minutes from the Main Event at The Elks. Pricing is as follows:

King Bed Rooms - $89/Night + Taxes
Queen Bed Rooms - $95/Night + Taxes

These rates are INCREDIBLY low compared to the normal price, and we are thankful to the Hilton for working with us. You may book by phone NOW by calling 732-271-9030 and ask for the NJ DIS MEET group rate. You can also reserve your room with this rate by clicking here.

packing list 2.jpg

Payment Options.jpg

Venue Locations Graphic.jpg

Last edited:
Yea!!! Since we have no Disney trip plans in 2015 :worried: This will be our Disney fix event. Had such a great time this past April!!!!!

Doug :goofy:

We're already putting a lot of items aside for donating. :goodvibes
Let us know when your starting to collect donated items.

I have a suggestion to consider for the meet.

My family and I volunteered at GKTW Village yesterday. I think it would be nice to have a few people who have done so speak for a couple of minutes at the meet. We all know what GKTW does but hearing about it from people who have seen it first hand may create an even better connection for everyone. And it might encourage others to volunteer the next time they're in the area.

I have a suggestion to consider for the meet.

My family and I volunteered at GKTW Village yesterday. I think it would be nice to have a few people who have done so speak for a couple of minutes at the meet. We all know what GKTW does but hearing about it from people who have seen it first hand may create an even better connection for everyone. And it might encourage others to volunteer the next time they're in the area.
Thanks Steve. :thumbsup2
I know there are several of us who have volunteered at GKTW and I agree this might be a nice way to connect our purpose to everyone at the event.
We will keep this in mind!!

I don't know why I "forgot" about the NJ Meets! We drove past the Flemington Perkins where we attended a NJ Meet/GKTW fundraiser a few years back. My daughter was super excited to see it and reminisced about the event-- she had won a pin set and a GKTW Candyland game.

Little did I know that it expanded into a whole weekend of events!
I may have to work (Rutgers Day is always the last Saturday of April), but
I can donate prizes!

I don't know why I "forgot" about the NJ Meets! We drove past the Flemington Perkins where we attended a NJ Meet/GKTW fundraiser a few years back. My daughter was super excited to see it and reminisced about the event-- she had won a pin set and a GKTW Candyland game.

Little did I know that it expanded into a whole weekend of events!
I may have to work (Rutgers Day is always the last Saturday of April), but
I can donate prizes!

Hi :wave:
Our Perkins Meet was in 2011 and was just the beginning for the NJ DIS Meets! That was fun- but proved to be way too small a venue for us.

The 2015 Meet will be our 3rd weekend event in the Somerville Elks banquet hall in Somerville - and we are planning for it to be bigger than ever!! We have more capacity this year! So do plan to come.

The Saturday Main Event (April 25)- with silent and raffle ticket auctions, lunch and a (very likely) a Podcast recording - is just one of the ways to meet & greet other Disney fans while raising money for Give Kids the World that weekend.

We will have events planned for Friday & Saturday evenings as well and some other ideas we will announce in the coming months.

And we're not that far from the Rutgers main campus- maybe you can join us for some of the fun!!

Thanks for the info!

I know the area well-- I used to shop at the Target near the hotel weekly until they built one closer to me.

I'll try to make it!

Hey there Nickki..........we just got back from WDW last night. Wanted to post the shirt I wore in the MK on Thursday. BTW got a bunch of looks and positive comments.........................Really looking forward to the 2015 NJ Meet!!!:thumbsup2

Wanted to post the shirt I wore in the MK on Thursday. BTW got a bunch of looks and positive comments.........................Really looking forward to the 2015 NJ Meet!!!:thumbsup2

Awesome!!! :thumbsup2

We look forward to seeing you in April!!

Stay tuned for more details here - registration should open up in January. :cool1:

Hey there Nickki..........we just got back from WDW last night. Wanted to post the shirt I wore in the MK on Thursday. BTW got a bunch of looks and positive comments.........................Really looking forward to the 2015 NJ Meet!!!:thumbsup2

I just LOVE that shirt, Doug!!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to 2015!! It's going to top the charts!!!! pixiedust:

I'm determined to get there this year! Had to travel for work last year and missed it, but it's on my calendar and I'm going!! Anything a first timer needs to know? Ps- 80 days until the next Disney trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!