GKTW Event: 4th annual NE Dis Meet to benifit GKTW - Oct 3-5, 2014

TSWJan78

NE DIva
4th Annual New England DIS Meet for Give Kids the World
The New England Not So Scary DIS Meet

Friday - Welcome Dinner - 6:00pm – 10:00 - Radisson Plymouth - $30
Join us for a night of fun to kick off the weekend Friday night. We will have a full buffet along with games, a 50/50 raffle and many more surprises.

Saturday - Ice Cream for Breakfast – 9:00am – 10:30 – Radisson Plymouth $5
What a way to start the day than to enjoy breakfast, Give Kids the World style. Drop in and grab an Ice Cream before you start your day.

Saturday daytime events (you can only choose 1 or you can spend the day on your own!)
Please note, these are still in the planning stages. Cost it TBD based upon group size.

Saturday - AM Historic tour of Plymouth – 10:30am – 12:00pm – Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
A 90 minute walking tour of Historic Plymouth. This tour will leave the hotel at 10:30 and will include a tour of the Mayflower 2. Lunch will be on your own and you can then spend the afternoon at Plymouth Plantation or enjoying the shops adjacent to the hotel. We expect the cost to be $25 per person.

Saturday – PM Historic tour of Plymouth – 1:30pm – 3:00pm – Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
A 90 minute walking tour of Historic Plymouth. This tour will leave the hotel at 1:30 and will include a tour of the Mayflower 2. We expect the cost to be $25 per person.

Saturday - King Richards Faire – 10:30am – 5:00pm, Carver MA - $29
King Richard’s Faire is a renaissance fair held in Carver, Massachusetts, which recreates a 16th-century marketplace, including handmade crafts, foods, musicians, singers, dancers, minstrels, mimes, jugglers, magicians, comedians, puppeteers, gymnasts, exotic animals (including Siberian tigers and ligers),[1] acrobats, mud beggars, stilt walkers, knights jousting on horseback, a royal court, and the fictional King Richard. King Richard’s Faire is the longest-running renaissance fair in New England. This is a 20 min ride from the hotel and while Transportation will not be provided, we will be caravaning over and leaving the hotel at 10:30 am.

Saturday - Winery and Brewery Tour – 11:00am – 4:00pm - Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
We are planning three stops and are hoping to provide transportation. We will leave the hotel at 11:00 am and will plan to have lunch along the way.

Saturday - Candle Pin Bowling & Dessert Party – 7:00pm – 10:30pm – Alley Kat Lane, Kingston, MA - $15
What is more New England than classic candle pin bowling and yummy desserts! This is taking place at Alley Kat Lanes and will include 1.5 hours of bowling along with shoe rental and a dessert buffet.

Sunday - Brunch & Podcast Recording - 10:00am – 3:00pm – Radisson Plymouth $25
Brunch, Podcast recording, Silent & live auctions along with raffles and other surprises

T Shirts - $10

Full Weekend Package – Adult $75/ Child 5-12 $50/ Child 0-4 Free
Includes: Welcome Dinner, Ice Cream for Breakfast, Candle Pin Bowling & Dessert Buffet, Brunch and Podcast Recording & TShirt. Please note: It does not include your Saturday Day Event

http://nedismeet2014.eventzilla.net/

I didn't realize that the weekend that we took for the Hershey meet was the same weekend that you all usually use. I appreciate you moving your date!!! Maybe I can make it up there next year and hit a hockey game during the weekend!!!

I didn't realize that the weekend that we took for the Hershey meet was the same weekend that you all usually use. I appreciate you moving your date!!! Maybe I can make it up there next year and hit a hockey game during the weekend!!!

No worries... We have been going the weekend before the 4th of July so it would have been 2 weeks after and did not want to make people choose which event to go to. Now they can do both, plus you cannot beat fall in New England!

Hope you can make it!!

I know I am going to make MA in April, so I might have to come back in the fall...LOL!!! THANKS A LOT!!! I am glad we can all work together to help each other out.

Val & I are planning on being there. Might be a good excuse for a road trip!!!

Waiting to see where it will be held. Bunch of family in western MA and southern VT. Might get to visit them, too.

mdvlprof said:
Waiting to see where it will be held. Bunch of family in western MA and southern VT. Might get to visit them, too.

Where near Southern VT, if you don't mind me asking. I live in near Burlington.

Darn it, last time I wanted to go but it was 1 month out from my trip to WDW. Now, you planned it a month out from my trip to WDW. lol Gonna try to get there anyway.

I will be there this year. Missed it last year due to work...

First DIS meet!

We had a super planing meeting Saturday. We have a theme!

only 36 weeks away If you start saving $10.00 a week now (hide it in that sock drawer) you will have $360.00 to buy raffles, bid on the silent auction or just donate it to GKTW, So what do you say give up that DD for a day or bring in your lunch once a week :thumbsup2

only 36 weeks away If you start saving $10.00 a week now (hide it in that sock drawer) you will have $360.00 to buy raffles, bid on the silent auction or just donate it to GKTW, So what do you say give up that DD for a day or bring in your lunch once a week :thumbsup2

Great suggestion!

Tara...GREAT weekend for the Meet..... Just need to talk Diane into ... that it is a great way to enjoy our anniv!! :thumbsup2 No problem....

Let me know if you need any help.

:banana: Can't wait to see what is in store for this years meet looking forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones .What are you looking forward to??
..:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter