Giving up on late March 2013 discounts??

DisneyJanFeb2008

Mouseketeer
I think I'm giving up on waiting for any late March discounts (want to go March 18-25 or so) and will book a DVC room via a rental site to save money instead. Thoughts? Am I jumping the gun? I feel like it's getting too close not to have things booked. I need to ensure direct flights, a dog sitter (ha), etc. and so on!!

I'm waiting for late March too. I am not giving up until they release the next set of GP discounts and they extend past my dates. Still keeping my fingers crossed. The current specials expire December 31st. I am hoping for something shortly after that.

I think I'm giving up on waiting for any late March discounts (want to go March 18-25 or so) and will book a DVC room via a rental site to save money instead. Thoughts? Am I jumping the gun? I feel like it's getting too close not to have things booked. I need to ensure direct flights, a dog sitter (ha), etc. and so on!!

I wouldn't give up just yet. Maybe a few weeks into January I would start losing hope, but I don't have too much expectations while they still have the current promo out through the 31st.

yea, I would say book flights etc if you are sure you are going, but might opt for staying off site. Thats actually what I have done. I even booked a room on site, put down the deposite, but I have until March 31 and I can get my $200 deposit back, by then any promo would have been offered....

There's been several special discounts released lately for Annual passholders and Florida residents. There's been a lot of speculation that these will eventually be offered to the general public.

There's been several special discounts released lately for Annual passholders and Florida residents. There's been a lot of speculation that these will eventually be offered to the general public.

I'm a passholder and haven't seen the several special discounts -- do you mean for at the end of March?

I'm thinking that staying at a Deluxe resort (villa) for $1,600 for 7 nights is a pretty good deal and any promo Disney offers for late March won't match that. Granted I still have to add on tix, meal plan, etc. but that is a good deal I think. The Deluxe rates on their own are double that so how much off that would a promo really be??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter