Giving Thanks for How Far We've Come at the Happiest Place on Earth

And dd is finally asleep. My one fear was that she wasn't going to sleep tonight. But she doesn't have to get up early.

She got home around 6:30 and I held her at the door while she said good-bye to her friend. I had all that stuff laid out in the living room.

So I had her close her eyes. She's about to come out of her skin at that point. She loves surprises. I got the camcorder and brought her over to where she could see the couch.

She squealed when she saw the couch with all that stuff laid out.

I had her Akershus dress on the left with her Belle wand and Tiana wand, the backpack was in the middle and her 1900 Park Fare dress on the right with the Cinderella wand and Ariel wand. She also had some miniature Disney Fairies.

Inside the backpack was pile of loot. She already started coloring in the Disney Princess coloring pad.

I gave her the card, which I transcribed onto a Tiana card I printed from the DISign board because the other one lost some of the ink.

She finished reading the card and was clueless as to what was going on :confused3 All she said was "I hope you are going to pack some juices." Drinking helps her ears, so when she read she was going on a plane, she knew she'd need juice :rotfl2:

I asked her if she knew where she was going. No idea. I asked her again. No clue.

I told her to look at her backpack (6 princesses on it). I asked her where she could see them. She looked at me and smiled and asked...

"Does it start with a D?"

I said yes....yes it does.

She threw the card in the air and said.....

"YEAH! DISNEY WORLD HERE WE COME!"

Then she started jumping up and down cheering, then she hugged me saying

"Thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you" :cloud9: She went on and on. "I can't believe it!" "Yea..yeah...yeah, you're the best mom ever...I'm going to Disney (dancing)...I'm going to Disney...yeah."

Then she looked at me and said, "Seriously mom...we have to have juice." :rotfl2: I told her not to worry.

I say it went well. You know it went well when you get the "best mom ever" line :lmao:

So, the bags are packed and we're ready to go. And the last piece of news is........

I did the shirts. :cool1:

After all the drama with the printer ink and going back and forth and getting the wrong transfer paper and then getting the right transfer paper, once I sat down and got the designs printed, with the exception of one that came out blurry, it was so easy. The hardest thing was making sure to remember to print the designs for ds' at half the regular size. Ironing them on was real easy, just time consuming with ds crawling around my ankles and dd asking questions about the trip.

Can't believe I got that many shirts made and cleaned, but we each have 3 t-shirts and a sweatshirt. :yay:

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Thanksgiving (personalized)
Thanksgiving sweatshirt (personalized)

Got to sleep. Hope things aren't too interesting at the airport.

Thanks everyone for reading my PTR. I can't believe it's time to go. It must be though. I'm up 'til midnight just like before every other vacation.

I'll probably make one more entry in the morning.

princess::wizard:pirate: I am so thrilled for all three of you!!!! Your reveal went off as planned and I think that is something DD is going to remember for the rest of her life!!! I was DDs age when I went on my first and only childhood trip to WDW and my memories are the airplane ride, my Dad's head banging on my head during the entire Space Mountain ride and the waterslide at the Poly!! But I think when your DD gets older the reveal is going to be one of those memories burned into her memories!!!

Get ready for a trip of "thank you" and "your a great Mom" - I think that will be a big part of your magic. When we both get back we will share TRs with each other!!!

I will be thinking of you and your family as I get ready for my trip!

Traveling mercies this morning, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. May your trip be filled with pixiedust. Do not forget the juice.

Well, the van is loaded and except for ds who is taking a morning nap after getting up at 4:30am, we are dressed and ready to go.

Of course this day couldn't be without some drama. Because I got ds' ticket at the infant rate, I have to have his birth certificate at check-in. Course he looks no where near 2yo, but I know there are rules. I had grabbed it to put in my carry-on days ago, but got side tracked and didn't pack and this morning it was nowhere to be found. No biggie I thought, I have another copy. Nope, submitted with some paper work after dh's death.

The search ended in the laundry room where somehow things tend to end up sometimes.

Hopefully that is all that goes wrong today.

I did everything else and now I'm going to get him dressed and we're out. Going to make a quick stop at Wal-Greens for some toothpaste for dd and head on to the airport.

Will try to post some time during the trip.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.:grouphug:

Yay!!! Your daughter's reaction was too funny! I know she'll remember that moment & tell the story for years to come. I hope that you all have an amazing trip & a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back.

Shelli

Just finished reading your PTR. I hope you had a magical trip. You are such a strong woman and I will remember your story for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

If I'm remembering correctly, you should be home by now. I hope that the three of you had a wonderful vacation! When you have time, we'd love to read a trip report. :)

Shelli

Just checking in. I know you've probably been very busy with holiday preparations, etc.

Please let us know how your trip went when you get the chance. :goodvibes

Merry Christmas! :santa:

Just read your whole report! Hope you get time to update. I am taking my two DS (will be three and five) the same time next year so I would love to hear how it went. Happy Holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter