Give me the low down on Landry's select club

What are the benefits of purchasing this card?
You get your $25 back as a welcome credit to use when you dine at a Landry's restaurant.

You get a $25 birthday bonus annually. You are supposed to use it during your birthday month or else it expires. But mine should have expired quite a while ago and it was still applied when I went to Yak & Yeti last month.

You get priority seating even without a reservation.

10% merchandise discount.

Earn 1 pt/$ on all purchases. Get a $25 reward when you reach 25 points.

let me see if I get this.... it costs 25.00 to enroll,which you get back when you eat there- plus a free meal on your birthday month? Any other perks? or reasons to enroll?

let me see if I get this.... it costs 25.00 to enroll,which you get back when you eat there- plus a free meal on your birthday month? Any other perks? or reasons to enroll?
Not a free meal. A $25 credit to your account. You can spend it however you want. My brother and I had dinner last month. I used two birthday credits (not sure how or why they were still available in my account). My total bill was just over $70 before the credits were applied and it included 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 alcoholic beverages.

mostly it works great for priority seating but i had an issue once at the rainforest in dtd. i presented the card at the desk and the person working there gave me and the card a nasty look, she then informed me that it would be an hour wait time. i asked why as it was good for priority seating and she told me that it was good for only half the client wait time and since the client wait time was two hours i would get a table in one hour.
it really pissed me off as i watched others get tables before us who had no reservations and woke up after us. at exactly the hour mark she called our name. it seemed like she was making a point for some reason.
i did send off a letter to their head office and told the story (there is more to it) and i have to say ever since i have had no issues, in fact the two times i have used it since the manager has come over 'just to see how the service is'.
it really is a good deal if you can get to a landrys restaurant but where i live the closest is 2 and a half hours away so the card is just okay. i use it pretty much only at disney and i never seem to get to disney near my birthday so that credit is wasted.

I got my Landry Select "membership" because they bought out the Charthouse restaurants which was based in California, where I originated. Now I live in Texas, where Landry's is based. There are oodles of Landry restaurants. Anyway, I got my $25 birthday reward and of course forgot all about it. I already had an earned $25 on my membership, but didn't remember that either. Fortunately they sent me an email reminding me to use it or lose it, which happened to be 2/15/14. Since my daughter and I had to go to Round Rock, TX (north of Austin) we planned to use the $25 at Saltgrass Steakhouse. Long story short, we had to order two whole desserts to use up the $50 in credits because just the two of us only spent about $37 on dinner. They have an iPhone app, so if you are looking for a restaurant in an area, you can do that. You can also pull up your account, etc. on it. I swore of Rainforest Cafe a few years ago, that place is just annoying. Good luck!

We got one several years ago, before a trip to Disney, to use at The Rainforest Cafe at AK. We used the $25 credit for joining, and my DH's $25 Birthday credit, we also had a few gift cards that I had earned on My Points thorough out the year. So my family of 5 ended up eating for free (except for the cost of the tip). It really helped out. I don't remember how the priority seating worked that time, maybe we already had ressies?? not sure.
We have only gotten to use it one other time since, and that was at the Bubba Gump's in Gatlinburg, we used the priority seating and was seated almost immediately (there was only about a 20 minute wait, so don't know how it would work for longer wait times), and we again used DH's Birthday credit.
We are hoping to do that again this year.
We don't have any Landry's restaurants where we live, so the only time we use it is on vacations.
If you have any locations near you, the card would be AWESOME.
If you're like us, and only use it once in a blue moon, I'd say go ahead and get it anyway. Like I said you get your money back, so it's handy to have just in case. :thumbsup2

DBF and I purchased ours in February on our last day at DLR. We really just got it because we knew we wanted to be back within the next month or two, and DBFs birthday is in March so we have the $25 sign up credit and his birthday credit to use for our trip this month.

Here are the Orlando restaurants
*** the birthday cert can be deferred and will expire the 15th of the month following your birthday month. Just sign into your acct and defer it.

Bubba Gump - Orlando
6000 Universal Blvd Orlando, FL 32819
Phone:(407) 903-0044

Morton's The Steakhouse - Orlando
7600 Dr. Phillips Blvd Suite 132 Orlando, FL 32819
Phone:(407) 248-3485

Oceanaire - Orlando
9101 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819
Phone:(407) 363-4801

Landry's - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
8800 Vineland Ave. Orlando, FL 32821
Phone:(407) 827-6466

Rainforest Cafe - Disney World Marketplace
1800 E Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone:(407) 827-8500

T-Rex Orlando
1676 E. Buena Vista Dr Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone:(407) 828-8739

Yak and Yeti's
775 Werikhe Way Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone:(407) 824-9384

Rainforest Cafe - Disney Animal Kingdom
505 N Rainforest Rd Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Here are the Orlando restaurants
*** the birthday cert can be deferred and will expire the 15th of the month following your birthday month. Just sign into your acct and defer it.
"Deferring" is only used to indicated that the credit is not to be applied to your next visit. You are "deferring" its use. It does nothing to extend the expiration date.

And as I said before, my credit should have expired long ago and yet it was still available to use on my visit in March. I don't know why.

So glad to hear all of the positive experiences with Landry's restaurants. I joined Landry's Select Club last month just for our trip to Disney. We will be going a week after my birthday, so I have both the credit for joining plus the $25 credit for my birthday. We also have quite a bit of gift cards for Claim Jumper from an offer from my husband's insurance company. I have been told that we can use the Claim Jumper certificates at any Landry's restaurant since it is a Landry's owned restaurant also. I even called to make sure of that. My family of 7 should be able to have a really nice meal and not really cost us much! We are going to eat at T-Rex. We have eaten there before and loved it!

Does anyone else have experience using one Landry's restaurant gift card at a different Landry's restaurant? I was told it was fine by Landry's, but sometimes I worry. :)

I am going just after my birthday and will have the $25 on my Landry's card as well as the $25 birthday credit. We are doing both T-Rex and Rainforest. Will they allow me to use 1 $25 credit at each place? I do not want to use both at same time.

be careful with the gift cards. i have one that says 'not applicable with other offers' so i was unable to combine it with my $25 b-day award. i checked the back of the gift card and it does say that. this one came from their head office so that may make a difference, don't know.

be careful with the gift cards. i have one that says 'not applicable with other offers' so i was unable to combine it with my $25 b-day award. i checked the back of the gift card and it does say that. this one came from their head office so that may make a difference, don't know.

Thanks. I just checked my gift cards and they don't say that. The cards say it may be used to purchase goods and services, at any Landry's Inc.
or affiliated location in the US, so there should be no problem using it at T-Rex I guess.

You get your $25 back as a welcome credit to use when you dine at a Landry's restaurant.

You get a $25 birthday bonus annually. You are supposed to use it during your birthday month or else it expires. But mine should have expired quite a while ago and it was still applied when I went to Yak & Yeti last month.

You get priority seating even without a reservation.

10% merchandise discount.

Earn 1 pt/$ on all purchases. Get a $25 reward when you reach 25 points.

Get a $25 reward when you reach 250 points - I got all excited when I saw 25!

I was looking at the Landry's FAQs and just want to confirm a couple things.

It says there's a one-time $25 fee and no annual fee. So basically the $25 birthday reward is like a FREE $25 every year? Sounds too good to be true!

Also, it says in regards to redeeming rewards, rewards are deducted in $25 increments. Does that mean you have to use the entire $25 reward during one visit? Not that that should be hard, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks!

I was looking at the Landry's FAQs and just want to confirm a couple things.

It says there's a one-time $25 fee and no annual fee. So basically the $25 birthday reward is like a FREE $25 every year? Sounds too good to be true!

Also, it says in regards to redeeming rewards, rewards are deducted in $25 increments. Does that mean you have to use the entire $25 reward during one visit? Not that that should be hard, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks!

You do get a $25 birthday reward each year with no strings attached. And you are required to use the reward in a single visit.

One thing I like about the program is that you also get points when paying with gift cards. Costco often has gift cards from Landrys restaurants at 20% off ($80 for $100 gift card) which makes the program even better.

Does anyone else have experience using one Landry's restaurant gift card at a different Landry's restaurant? I was told it was fine by Landry's, but sometimes I worry. :)

Any Landrys gift card can be used at any Landrys owned restaurant. I do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter