Girls Trip - NO BOYS ALLOWED - 10/2 to 10/10 - Pop, MNSSHPx2, F&W, DxDP - COMPLETED!!

We had lunch at Tusker House. We had been here for breakfast before so it wasn't completely new to us. Goofy was fantastic! He came up to us and started dancing like a hula girl.. he tapped Daisy on the shoulder and she started to do it too. It was so cute!

All DD had wanted on this entire trip was some cheese slices. Finally, her prayers were answered...

We barely ate our money's worth.

We also went on Dinosaur..

We also went on It's Tough to be a Bug and went to see Festival of the Lion King where DD fell asleep for a bit.

DD got roped in by a CM.. try to figure out what's in the logs by touching them. She did pretty good.

By that time, it was time to leave. We went back to the resort for a nap. DD had been eyeing up this playground everyday.. we had to make a quick pitstop and let her play for a few minutes...

Next Up: Girls Race with Coconuts

We left for MK and took the boat over to the Poly..

We arrived at the Polynesian with plenty of time to spare. We explored the resort a bit and did a little shopping..

Finally it was time for Ohana!

I had the exact same face as her...

We got up for every activity they did... we hula danced, did the coconut races, did the limbo, etc... DD got a bunch of lei's... we stretched it out till we could see Hallowishes. We were 2 tables away from the window so it was a view of sorts... I tried to record it as best as I could. Our waiter came at the end of the meal to give us the bill and spilled water all over our table. No apologies, he just walked away. I grabbed my camera off the table before the water could hit it.. by jolting the camera, the dvd got messed up and I lost everything on it :( This didn't even upset me that much since the video wasn't the greatest.. it did bother me about the waiter not bringing anymore napkins or anymore water.. our table was soaked. We paid the bill and did not tip very highly (first time EVER in Disney). We heard him saying thank you to other tables and that he hoped they hada great vacation... nothing was said to us at all when he returned with our receipt.

Ohana is still a favorite of mine no matter what type of service we have. The food makes up for it!

We took the monorail back to MK.

Next Up: Girls First To Get Bracelets

It was our very last day in Disney :( We hit the park early (Epcot) and DD mapped out her plan of attack.

All ready for rope drop!

We headed straight for Soarin' since Test Track was still down for refurbishment :(

Here we are, ready for take off! (thanks to the nice lady that offered to take our picture!)

As always, we had a great flight.. LOVE Soarin'!
Afterwards, DD posed in front of the Land sign.

We made our way over to the other side of the park and took some pictures...

We sat outside the Food & Wine Festival Center waiting for the doors to open at 10am... while sitting there I had a nice chat with a lady that just got back from Ireland on a "Adventures by Disney" trip! We were the very first ones let in and we went straight for the Chase lounge to get our wristbands for Boyz II Men.

Afterwards, we relaxed a bit and took a ride on Spaceship Earth.

We had a little time before our breakfast reservation so we checked out Innoventions...

There was a fire safety presentation going on so we checked that out (and got a sticker.. plus learned something, I hope!)

Next Up: Girls Try Weird Cheeses​

We headed towards World Showcase for our late breakfast ADR. Here are a few pictures from along the walk:

We were eating at Akershus! We arrived about 30 minutes early and they said they would not take us in until 15 minutes prior to our reservation time. Boo.. so we sat and looked at the view for awhile...

Then we were let in and Belle greeted us for a picture.

or two:

The cold buffet was interesting... not really my taste in things...

We each tried all of the cheeses... DD finished them off. Then the princesses started making their rounds.

DD was surprised with a birthday cupcake :) and everyone sang to her.

After we left the restaurant we spotted Mulan and since we've never met her before... we just had to get her autograph and picture:

Next Up: Girls Try Disney's Brat​

DD found the drums and had to play for a bit.

We needed to use up a TON of snack credits so we started hitting up some booths... first was the trio of cheese.

DD loved this. So much that she forgot her sunglasses on the table when we were done... don't worry, they were still there when we remembered them 2 countries down.

Next we stopped in Germany for a Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll. Being from Wisconsin, I told the cast member that I was looking forward to trying their "brat"... I thought it was abnormally long and skinny.. especially compared to the small roll. Honestly, I prefer my Wisconsin brats much more than Disney's version. This was a total miss.

Disney's computer systems were having issues with the snack credits. The CM's told me that the snack credits were not being taken off of my total (on my receipt) but eventually they would get the problem fixed and the totals would be fixed (hopefully later on).

Some more food:

It was getting hot outside...

This is what we were waiting for...

Next Up: Girls See Captain EO​

We made our way around World Showcase while eating and decided to head over towards Figment & Captain EO.

We've never seen Captain EO before...

Wow... I can't believe that still is in Disney. I've never said this about an attraction before but I think this has got to go.

Afterwards we went on Figment. I left my purse on the ride and quickly realized it... made my way back through the hallways to the loading area and got it back safe and sound. Then DD had to play around a bit (and maybe mama too)

We took a break over at Club Cool for a bit.

Then we took a boat back over to the American Adventure..

The Voices of Liberty was so beautiful!

We took the show in (first time ever).. fell asleep about 10 minutes into it.. but it was a nice nap and just what we needed!

Next Up: Girls Dance To Motown Philly​

When we got out of the show I saw that they were letting people into the theatre for the Boyz II Men concert. We headed over to the left side where they were checking wristbands from the Chase lounge and we were let in immediately. We got the 2nd row before the walkway and slid all the way over to the edge so we wouldn't have anyone sitting in front of us. DD called daddy to talk for awhile before the show started.

We chatted with the people behind us. SUCH nice people! They were locals that just loved Disney.. two older couples. They introduced us to a CM that used to work in our hometown. We chatted with him for a bit. It really helped to pass the time. A lady sat next to us with her son.. he must've been around 9 or 10 years old. As soon as the show started, DD was up and dancing :)

DD danced the entire show and the people behind us just got such a kick out of it. It was too cute.

The show was great! When Motown Philly came on, everyone went nuts. I never thought I'd see Boyz II Men live but it was well worth getting those wristbands :) I love Eat to the Beat! After the show, we started making our way towards the International Gateway. We stopped by the France booth to get some snails! DD actually tried them!

We took some pictures along the way as well..

Then we took the boat over to the Boardwalk Resort. This was our first time on these boats and I really enjoyed the ride. Most of the people in line were coming from the concert so we had plenty to talk about.

http://
1338.photobucket.com/albums/o695/girlstripnoboysallowed/DSC_0691_zps008679c2.jpg

We had a reservation at Flying Fish. This was our first time dining here. Our reservation was for late (I believe around 8:30) and it was only 7. They had no problems getting us a table for 2 and seating us within 10 minutes.

This salad was fantastic! I could've eaten about 3 of these :)

I had the signature dish with the potato wrapped snapper and it didn't really wow me but maybe I wasn't that hungry.. I don't know. DD had a great time. There was a minor meltdown when she lost a crayon but other than that, she loved this restaurant.

The desserts were awesome!

And with that... we were on our way home :(

We went back through the gates at Epcot.

And took some quick pictures...

When we got back to Pop Century, we had the cashier check our snack credit total. Turns out that NONE of the food we had bought in Epcot that day was taken off our total. We still had 17 snack credits to use up and we were going home tomorrow! What a horrible thing to have happen, huh? The CM told us to start picking out some candy so we did :)

Next Up: Girls Say See Ya Real Soon​

We packed everything up the night before so we were all set to go that morning. When we woke up, we headed straight over to get our baggage taken care of. There was such a crowd of people over there. It took 10 minutes to get someone and then I told them our luggage was over "there" and they said "okay, I'll get it tagged".. then they went off and helped a bunch of other people so I sat there another 20 minutes to make sure they tagged the right ones!!! Ugh, so frustrating.

We headed into the lobby to get some food.

We still had 2 table service credits leftover (due to cancelling te luau reservation) so we decided to get some breakfast. After standing in line and waiting 5 minutes extra for a fresh waffle, we only had 10 minutes to eat everything!! Yes, it was quite rushed!

We got outside and waited about 5 minutes before the bus pulled in :(

DD looks happy.. I was not :(

The tears started flowing as we pulled out of Pop.

We got to the airport and took our time...

And we were on our way out... See Ya Real Soon Mickey!!! Little did we know, it would be over a year before we returned.

The End​

A huge thank you to anyone who has followed this trip report! I'm so glad I finished it before my next trip (71 days to go!)

Here are my upcoming trips that are scheduled:

12/3-12/10 : AKL Kidani with my dad, sister & both kids.. some highlights will be my dad's first time, DxDP, Deluxe Resort (DVC) for the FIRST time, MVMCP, Disapalooza, Elf on a Shelf at Disney!

6/28-7/6 : AoA Little Mermaid with my kids... some highlights will be 4th of July, FIRST time in the summer (wish us luck), Pirate Fireworks Cruise, Universal FIRST time for the kids!

10/25-10/31 at Pop Century & 10/31-10/3 Bahama Cruise on the Dream!!! : with my husband and kids.. some highlights will be FIRST TIME CRUISING!!! MNSSHP FIRST time for hubby, Richard Petty's Driving Experience (Exotic Cars)

I hope everyone joins along for these trip reports (and I hope I can keep up and finish them before the next trip starts!) I'm so looking forward to a very magical year ahead of me!

This is a great trip report. Your daughter is adorable and glad you did this trip with just her. These are memories you will never forget. We are going in Dec also .... what is Disapolloza and Elf on the Shelf Disney?

This is a great trip report. Your daughter is adorable and glad you did this trip with just her. These are memories you will never forget. We are going in Dec also .... what is Disapolloza and Elf on the Shelf Disney?

Thank you! Disapalooza is a get together that the "dis" is putting on. It's going to be Dec. 6th and it's after Hollywood Studios closes down. They rented out Pixar Place and we'll be able to ride Toy Story Mania as many times as we want with no line! There's also food, the dis podcast members and characters. I'm very excited about it!

Elf on a Shelf is a little doll that we've been bringing out every December to lead up to the days before Christmas. Since we'll be in Disney this year, I'm bringing him along (just more work for this mom).. lol.

Thank you for the compliments!

I have been reading all your trip reports! Sounds like you had a great girls trip and I can't wait to hear about the ones you have coming up!

I have been reading all your trip reports! Sounds like you had a great girls trip and I can't wait to hear about the ones you have coming up!

Thanks for reading along!!! I always wonder if people are even reading these.. lol.. they get kinda lengthy because of so many pictures. 60 days till our next trip! I can't wait!

I really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for sharing your trip with us, your daughter is beautiful you can see she really enjoyed the trip.

Great trip report! I've had this bookmarked forever! lol. I was surprised when I scrolled through to see a familiar face. I went to high school with one of the performers (the girls in the big dresses). Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter