Girls Plus Size Jeans

My dd is 8 & wears 10 plus jeans and 12 1/2 plus or 14 tops. She has been wearing plus size since she was 6 and started out wearing 6X/7 plus from The Childrens Place online. She is tall for her age, so she usually wears a size up in plus, but the length is ok. Gap is my favorite plus brand for the best fit, but we also buy JC Penneys (these have the cool rhinestones & belts, on sale recently for $14.99), Target (usually $9.99 & folded) , Covington (Sears) & Limited 2 (though they run looong). Walmarts plus still run too snug on dd's waist & thighs. I've also saw them on the Crazy 8 website for cheap recently. I shop year round at thrifts & yard sales for plus jeans, even in bigger sizes since my fave brand retails $$$ for new.

I know you didn't ask about tops, but I run into the issue wear if a long sleeve shirt isn't plus size & I get a bigger size, the sleeves run really long. I've found 3/4 sleeve tunic shirts fit more like long sleeve & have more growing room.

I have the same issue with my daghter and have had things hemmed. Capris are great, but I've found some pants that are meant to be the "high-water" type (longer than a Capri) are just right to be a full-length pant on her when I get the larger waist size. The GAP had some ADORABLE ones in denim, brown and black that are now on clearance for $4.99 or so. They have 2 buttons on the base of each leg... really cute and can't beat the price! It may be worth a drive to your nearest GAP or GAP outlet. She gets compliments on them ALL THE TIME and no one has a clue that they are meant to be shorter than a full-length.

Limited 2 has half sizes which do not add lenght, just width. They are currently offering buy one get one free all throughout the store, and I found some jeans $19.99. That would be $10 per pair if you can find two 1/2 size jeans.

My daughter has always worn the plus size clothing. We bought most of it at JC Penney. They have a great selection at most stores and they have some fantastic sales. I usually bought dd's jeans in March and April for about $5 - $6 when they were clearanced out. I like them because they are the "in" clothes. It is very hard to find clothes that look like all the regular size girls are wearing and when they get to be about 8 or 9, that is an issue unfortunately. I would keep a look out at Penney's for their buy one get one for $.99 sale. They just had one going and with that offer each pair of jeans comes to about $17 a pair. Good Luck!

Both of my boys wear "husky" jeans and they are always too long. And the boys are just "husky" they aren't "rotund". :lmao:

I always buy the jeans with the adjustable elastic inside, you can cheat the waist size better that way.

But just a heads-up that even plus-size jeans may be too long for her. I used to always roll the bottoms, thinking maybe the boys would grow and then the jeans would be too short, but it hasn't happened yet.

I have always found success at Sears for jeans for my plus size gals. They even have Levis. JC Penny also has plus size stuff, but I've found less of a selection there, but sometimes better quality clothing. I always check both stores.
My chubbette is a bit bigger & I also had success at Old Navy, but I had to order online.
Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter