Girls Only Trip. OLD THREAD! Please see first post for link to new one, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeObviously a gift a day isn't going to work in this case--but maybe a card or little something each MONTH between when we start and the trip? Just to let your secret sister know you are thinking about her?

One issue we will have is mailing things might give away who is who. For example, if it has an Orange county postmark it will most likely be me or Stacerita. Las Vegas--again a couple of choices. So, we will have to think about that and if there's a way around it.

I am up for totes, secret sisters or both.
That's what I was thinking. A card with a return address would give it away. Not sure how to get around that one. :confused:

Definitely a poll... Beth?
OK, I'll set one up and put a link here in a sec. So it's between the secret sister and making totes to exchange right?

The only thing I can think to do on the mailing thing is have a person designated as a central depository, everything goes to her ready to be re-mailed to the secret person--but that would be incredibly burdensome on someone. Plus cost twice the postage.

The only thing I can think to do on the mailing thing is have a person designated as a central depository, everything goes to her ready to be re-mailed to the secret person--but that would be incredibly burdensome on someone. Plus cost twice the postage.
Yeah, I don't really see that working out.

Maybe we could give our sister a little gift for each day of the trip, or a card on each day or something. I don't know.

Well, let's do the poll first and we can hammer out exact details later.

Yeah, I don't really see that working out.

Maybe we could give our sister a little gift for each day of the trip, or a card on each day or something. I don't know.

Well, let's do the poll first and we can hammer out exact details later.

Yeah, that might work. We might need a special place to leave our "gifts" --maybe at the front desk? Agreed--do the poll first. Although in either case I still think those participating should fill out a questionnaire as was suggested before . . . . so we can tailor what we do to each person's likes and dislikes.

The only problem I see with secret sisters is that everyone will be there for a different length of time. Not everyone will be there for all of the days, some leave early, some come late. If we were all in one place for the same amount of time, I'd be all for it.

Personally, I prefer the tote. I don't mind doing a secret sister type thing. Ive done many of those over the years. I see a problem if we do it before the trip though since people drop out. And doing it each day of the trip might be an issue for some who won't be there the entire time. In those cases, it would be hard to get something personal for your "sister".

The totes won't be going to a specific person. Everyone makes/decorates the tote they are bringing, they wrap it up, and then you do this game to get them picked. No one knows what the tote actually looks like till everyone has picked one. Then you open the wrapping and get your suprised tote. And since it isn't made for a specific person, it won't matter if someone doesn't show up, everyone who participates will still get one.

Cristabel - your pup looks sooooo sweet. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Personally, I prefer the tote. I don't mind doing a secret sister type thing. Ive done many of those over the years. I see a problem if we do it before the trip though since people drop out. And doing it each day of the trip might be an issue for some who won't be there the entire time. In those cases, it would be hard to get something personal for your "sister".

The totes won't be going to a specific person. Everyone makes/decorates the tote they are bringing, they wrap it up, and then you do this game to get them picked. No one knows what the tote actually looks like till everyone has picked one. Then you open the wrapping and get your suprised tote. And since it isn't made for a specific person, it won't matter if someone doesn't show up, everyone who participates will still get one.

Cristabel - your pup looks sooooo sweet. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Ohhhhhhhhhh (slapping forehead). I misunderstood then--I thought we knew ahead of time who were making the tote for. Your idea is much better and less complicated!

Ohhhhhhhhhh (slapping forehead). I misunderstood then--I thought we knew ahead of time who were making the tote for. Your idea is much better and less complicated!

It also puts less pressure on everyone. If someone forgets or something happens and they end up not participating, they don't have to worry that their person itsn't getting their tote. Everyone who participates will get a tote if they give a tote. And as great as it would be to get something in your fave character or whatever, its just as great to be surprised with what someone else thinks is great.

I saw a bit of Pixie Hallow today. Its adorable. The line was huge or I would have waited. I will go when it dies down some.

Well, that's true about some dropping out. We just lost nodoubt51 and prettyprincessbelle recently. And not everyone is there for the same amount of time.

OK, let's just do the totes. We can do the game the first night of the party. It just seems easier as far as the exchanging goes. Sort of like a white elephant gift at a Christmas party right?

I will say that I KNOW we are going to have some who don't have the time or skill to make one. So can we set an approximate dollar amount to spend and then say you can spend that on a pre-made tote OR on the materials to make one?

Otherwise, I know people will shy away from making one.

Does that seem like a good plan? :confused3

Don't feel bad! I thought the same thing!! :rotfl2:

It also puts less pressure on everyone. If someone forgets or something happens and they end up not participating, they don't have to worry that their person itsn't getting their tote. Everyone who participates will get a tote if they give a tote. And as great as it would be to get something in your fave character or whatever, its just as great to be surprised with what someone else thinks is great.

I saw a bit of Pixie Hallow today. Its adorable. The line was huge or I would have waited. I will go when it dies down some.
So it is like a white elephant gift exchange. If you bring a gift to give, you get to pick a gift out.
Got it.

Was the Tink cute?? I saw a pic someone posted and was slightly disappointed in the person they chose to portray her. But maybe it was just an "off" pic. kwim?

Well, that's true about some dropping out. We just lost nodoubt51 and prettyprincessbelle recently. And not everyone is there for the same amount of time.

OK, let's just do the totes. We can do the game the first night of the party. It just seems easier as far as the exchanging goes. Sort of like a white elephant gift at a Christmas party right?

I will say that I KNOW we are going to have some who don't have the time or skill to make one. So can we set an approximate dollar amount to spend and then say you can spend that on a pre-made tote OR on the materials to make one?

Otherwise, I know people will shy away from making one.

Does that seem like a good plan? :confused3

I agree, setting a dollar amount is a good idea. I also think maybe we should set a size as well. That way someone doesn't end up with a mini tote, or a tote that you can hide a dead body in.

And yeah, not everyone feels like they have the skill to make one and shouldn't feel like they have too. It should be fun.

Don't feel bad! I thought the same thing!! :rotfl2:

So it is like a white elephant gift exchange. If you bring a gift to give, you get to pick a gift out.
Got it.

Was the Tink cute?? I saw a pic someone posted and was slightly disappointed in the person they chose to portray her. But maybe it was just an "off" pic. kwim?

Yeah, its like a white elephant gift. You don't know what you get till its all said and done though. You get one if you bring one. No pressure on those who end up not being able to participate.

I didn't get that good of a look at tink. I only say her back side. The other pixies were cute though. They were real flirty with a little boy who was standing next to me. He was scared to be there with them though.

And yes, I got my tags back. Well, actually two of them. I asked them to keep my scrolling one.

Hey, my nephew just asked me to post the dancing banana on my post.
:banana:

OK, so we're doing the tote bags.

Rules are: (Stacie tell me if these are right)

It must be average sized, no mini totes or over-sized totes.

Do not put anyone's name on it as it will go to a random person.

It can be purchased and then decorated OR you may purchase one already made or with a certain theme. (Walmart had some cute ones. I bought a Tink one for a friend for around $12)

It must be wrapped in some sort of wrapping so we cannot see what it is. Either wrapping paper or a gift bag. No names on it.

Whether you are buying it pre-made or decorating it yourself you must spend between a certain amount. This is where I need help. Say between $15 - $20? Too high? Too low?? The tote I bought my friend was only $12 so in a case like that I could have tossed in a pair of Tink socks to match or something to make it reach the required amount. What says you? LOL

The exchange will take place on Thursday night, towards the end of the party OR once mostly everyone who's arriving that day has arrived. Each person who brings in a tote will receive a tote. (Maybe we can take a group pic with us all holding our totes?? Fun!)

Is that ok?? Did I miss anything?

OK, so we're doing the tote bags.

Rules are: (Stacie tell me if these are right)

It must be average sized, no mini totes or over-sized totes.

Do not put anyone's name on it as it will go to a random person.

It can be purchased and then decorated OR you may purchase one already made or with a certain theme. (Walmart had some cute ones. I bought a Tink one for a friend for around $12)

It must be wrapped in some sort of wrapping so we cannot see what it is. Either wrapping paper or a gift bag. No names on it.

Whether you are buying it pre-made or decorating it yourself you must spend between a certain amount. This is where I need help. Say between $15 - $20? Too high? Too low?? The tote I bought my friend was only $12 so in a case like that I could have tossed in a pair of Tink socks to match or something to make it reach the required amount. What says you? LOL

The exchange will take place on Thursday night, towards the end of the party OR once mostly everyone who's arriving that day has arrived. Each person who brings in a tote will receive a tote. (Maybe we can take a group pic with us all holding our totes?? Fun!)

Is that ok?? Did I miss anything?

That sounds about right to me. And the price range should include anything you decorate it with. It you put on rhinestones you still need to say within the budget.

But yeah, those all sound good to me.

When we do the actual exchange, there is a fun way to do it. Its a game. It hard to explain in writting, but telling in person or showing it goes much better. Makes it fun and allows people to "steal" gifts. Its fun for those who are playing and those who aren't.

I agree, holding it the end of the evening the first night is a good time to hold the exchange. And everyone taking a pic with their tote will be very cute. I like that idea.

sigh--I am being SO unproductive at work today (compared to yesterday) and I have SO much to do . . . . . . . would much rather Dis . . . . .

sigh--I am being SO unproductive at work today (compared to yesterday) and I have SO much to do . . . . . . . would much rather Dis . . . . .

Thats how I feel almost every shift. Come to think of it, I would much rather Dis than anything else. Well almost anything.;)

That sounds about right to me. And the price range should include anything you decorate it with. It you put on rhinestones you still need to say within the budget.

But yeah, those all sound good to me.

When we do the actual exchange, there is a fun way to do it. Its a game. It hard to explain in writting, but telling in person or showing it goes much better. Makes it fun and allows people to "steal" gifts. Its fun for those who are playing and those who aren't.

I agree, holding it the end of the evening the first night is a good time to hold the exchange. And everyone taking a pic with their tote will be very cute. I like that idea.
Yeah, that's why I made the range a little high because I figured all those decorative things aren't cheap. :confused3 And like I said if someone was buying one pre-made and found a good deal, but it was below the required amount you can toss in some Disney Dollars or socks or whatever to make it reach the amount.

I agree about not trying to explain the rules online. LOL Let's keep it simple and save that for that day.

OK, so it sounds like we are all set then, right?? :cool1: Unless there's any changes I need to make I'll add that info to the front page. Hopefully everyone will see it!

I'm super excited now!! I like that if I run out of time or creativity, I can buy it and yet I can still participate. :rotfl: :yay:

Ehhh, forget work! ;)

Thats how I feel almost every shift. Come to think of it, I would much rather Dis than anything else. Well almost anything.;)
I was gonna say! ;)

I am already starting to check out things that I would like to do for my tote. When I was on my walk in the park today, I stopped into a few stores on Main St and WOD store to get some ideas and ask some questions on if something was possible for them to do. I can't wait to start.

I would say add it to the front page. You can put me as contact for it if you would like and I can let them know the details.

Okay here are the official "rules" for the Tote Bag exchange.

RULES
1. Tote must be average sized. No mini totes or over-sized totes.

2. The theme of the tote is up to you. Just do not personalize it with anyone's name since it will be a random exchange.

3. You may purchase a plain tote and then decorate it, OR you may purchase a pre-made tote. (For example, Walmart at one point was selling some Disney totes with Eeyore and Tink for around $12.)

4. It must be wrapped in some way so we cannot see what it is. Either wrapping paper or a gift bag. No names on the package.

5. Whether you are buying it pre-made or decorating it yourself you must spend between $15 and $20. If you are decorating it yourself, that amount should include the cost of the decorations. If you purchase a pre-made one for less then that amount, you may add some extras such as Disney Dollars or something that can be used on the trip to bring it up to the required price.

6. The exchange will take place during a fun game on Thursday night, towards the middle or end of the Meet and Greet pizza party. Each person who brings in a tote will receive a tote.

7. After the game we can pose for a group pic with our new fun tote bags! :)

If there are any comments, questions or concerns please address them to myself or Stacerita. Thanks and I hope we get lots of ladies to join in!

I am already starting to check out things that I would like to do for my tote. When I was on my walk in the park today, I stopped into a few stores on Main St and WOD store to get some ideas and ask some questions on if something was possible for them to do. I can't wait to start.

I would say add it to the front page. You can put me as contact for it if you would like and I can let them know the details.
Yeah, I will. I was just rewriting the rules, trying to make it a little clearer. LOL Ok, I will add it now with an update to the title. I'll list you under the contact persons section as the one to contact. Sound good?

Let me know if I need to change anything. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts