Girls Only Spring Break POFQ w/DxDP **Updated w/ Dooney & Bourke Tote Pics**

super cute! I love it, I may have to check out the wristlet when I go. I use a wristlet a lot in the evenings when I go to WDW.

I considered a wristlet also, but one of the things that stopped me was that the pattern is the same size on the wristlet as the tote (and every other bag) and so you could only see a few characters on the wristlet. I would suggest figuring out from others pictures if there are any "must have" characters on your wristlet and then set out shopping with that in mind... you might have to look at quite a few before finding what you want, but at least you'll know what you're looking for then!

Crazy weekend! I flew to Indianapolis for a bridal shower this weekend and couldn't get back out of Indy because of weather. I was supposed to fly out Sunday evening, but ended up getting delayed so long that I would've missed my connection from Chicago to Cedar Rapids. Unfortunately they sent my baggage ahead and I couln't get it back. The earliest they could rebook me for was Monday evening, but then it ended up getting delayed and I would've missed my connection in Chicago, again! The gate agents remembered me from the night before (still wearing the same clothes!) and found me a flight on a different carrier that would take me from Indy to Atlanta to Moline, IL (almost 2 hours from Cedar Rapids) because I couldn't get a flight into Cedar Rapids until Tuesday and there was no way I was wearing the same clothes for a 3rd day. DH had to come and pick me up 2 hours away at midnight, but I am so glad to be home. Just a little sleepy.... :surfweb: I'll post another entry tonight!

Day 5

The next morning Sis still wasn’t feeling well. We just hung around the room that morning. Mom went for a walk and snapped some good pictures of POFQ.

187.JPG

189.JPG

190.JPG

193.JPG

194.JPG

We had lunch reservations for Coral Reef, but we didn’t make it there. We ended up just having some fruit and muffins from the food court. I think Sis also had some potato chips with ketchup... one of her comfort foods. She got to feeling a little better and decided to go layout by the pool for a bit. She wanted to come home with some proof that she was in Florida for a week! I had Le Cellier reservations for dinner that I was really, really looking forward to. Sis decided to stay behind while Mom and I went to Epcot for the evening.

199.JPG

This actually turned out to be ok because we spent a lot of time looking at the Flower and Garden Festival topiaries and exploring the World Showcase. We also enjoyed some wine from Italy and a Grey Goose slushy from France!

201.JPG

202.JPG

205.JPG

206.JPG

It took us a while to make our way through the World Showcase. We started in Mexico, so we could end with dinner in Canada. There were a lot of field trips going on in Epcot today. We had a hard time navigating some of the pavilions because they were so crowded with groups of kids everywhere!

When we finally made it to Canada, we were definitely ready for dinner.

211.JPG

214.JPG

We both had the cheddar cheese soup for an appetizer. It goes really well with their pretzel bread. Then I had their fillet for my main course and Mom had the prime rib. I’d been eating a lot of sea food this week (you just can’t get great sea food in Iowa) and was really ready for a steak! Both the fillet and prime rib were excellent. I know there’s some controversy over Le Cellier. Some think it’s over rated, some think it’s a must do. If you’re on the dining plan, Le Cellier is a must do for me. It is definitely one of the best (quality and value wise) 1 credit dining plan meals. The fillet there is just as good as the ones you can get at any of the signature restaurants. For dessert, I had to try the chocolate mousse. Yum!

215.JPG

Sis managed to survive on her own. She got hungry and ordered herself a pizza from the resort. She said it wasn’t very good, but she ate a little bit of it anyway because she was so hungry at that point. Resort pizza is definitely not on my future to-do list!

Day 6

Since Epcot is so large, I had our final day planned for Epcot also. Sis was feeling better today, so we headed over to Epcot for our lunch as Les Chef de France. We were all excited for this meal because Sis and I both took French in high school. We weren’t brave enough to try any of it out, but we liked looking at the menu and knowing what some of the French words meant. We also met Remy! He was out and about greeting diners.

224.JPG

223.JPG

It just so happened that we had a very attractive server. I don’t know what was with Mom and me today, but we were very giggly and also very embarrassing to Sis. We kept threatening that we were going to ask our server if we could take a picture with him. It was obvious Sis thought he was cute as well because she was mortified by how we were behaving, she was petrified he was going to over hear our swooning. At the end of the meal, we had convinced Sis to leave her cell phone number on the place mat. When we left the restaurant, we watched to see if our server was the one who bussed our table. He was! And we saw him pick up and rip a part of Sis’s place mat off before throwing it away!! It was all very exciting. Sis checked her phone constantly throughout the day, but alas... no messages from our favorite French server.

231.JPG

We used our final GAD voucher to get fast pass cards today. We didn’t do too many rides today, mostly just enjoyed our last day out. We did be sure to check out Soarin’ and Test Track though! We skipped Mission Space because Sis still wasn’t feeling great. And of course we had to do Living with the Land. It’s one of my favorites... I don’t know why, it just is.

264.JPG

That night we went to Narcoossee's for dinner. It’s one of DH and my favorites, so I wanted to save it for our last night. We arrived a little early, so we spend some time walking around the beautiful GF grounds and savoring our last Disney night.

271.JPG

For Dinner I got the whole lobster. It was delicious as usual. Although I did think some of the tail meat was tougher than the last time I had the whole lobster here. It was still delicious though!

274.JPG

Mom and Sis both had the surf and turf. Mom knew she was a lobster fan, but it turned out Sis didn’t really think it was that great, which was ok because she still had plenty of steak to eat! We we were so stuffed after we finished there was absolutely no room for dessert! Our server offered to pack us up some cheesecake to go which we graciously accepted. A week on the Deluxe Dining Plan had finally done us in! We could eat no more! On our way out we made a final stop at the GF gift shop to gather some final souvenirs. I got a GF afghan and a picture frame to put our CRT picture in. In fact, I’m wrapped in the GF blanket right now! It reminds me of one of my favorite places on Earth.

Good tip about the wristlet. I'm going to have to study yours a bit closer. Sorry you had a nightmare traveling weekend.

YOur trip seems like it was fabulous! Im glad you had fun. I would like to go to WDW with my mother, but I'm afraid we would end up killing each other if we went for a week. I love her I just don't know if I can share a room with her.:)

Sis was confused at the menu because she thought she could actually order some Yeti.... we had to explain to her that Yetis aren’t real.

:rotfl:

Loving your report!! All these great meals are REALLY making me want to book the DxDP... but we're already going to gorge at F&W!! But... still! LOL

We saw the baby gorilla too! Oh how precious!! I was able to get a video of the baby and I can't wait to show it off when I get to that point in my TR :yay:

Day 7

Magical Express was picking us up at 12:30 pm so we had a leisurely morning packing and saying good bye to our home for the week. When Sis woke up this morning she had a text from a strange number... it was the French server from Les Chefs de France!! We were all running around the room acting like pre-teens in a Justin Bieber frenzy. Sis texted him back and he responed! Apparently he had wanted to ask for her number but his manager discourages the staff from asking for customer’s numbers, so he was super excited when she left hers! Too bad it was our last night... so tragic... the love story that never will be!

We walked around the resort, made one final stop at the gift shop and then ate some lunch at the food court before hoping on the ME.

280.JPG

281.JPG

282.JPG

Final thoughts

We loved POFQ! I would definitely go back and stay here again with DH. I loved how small it was and how nice the theming was. After my previous trip to the GF, I thought there was no way I’d be happy to go back to a Mod, but I definitely was! DH and I have agreed that although we love the Deluxes, we’d rather stay in a Mod and use the extra money for taxis for resort to resort transportation (instead of taking multiple busses).

I can’t believe we stayed at POFQ and didn’t get any beignets! Guess that’s just another reason for me to go back!

My ankle held up a lot better than I anticipated it would. No wheelchair for me! I had been so worried about how I’d do so it was such a relief for me to make it all week with no major problems. It’s been a few months now since I originally injured it and it’s still not back up to strength but it is definitely improving every week.

Thank you for this awesome report! I am taking my kids to POFQ in July!

What a precious thing you did taking your mom and your sister. That is so awesome!!!! :thumbsup2

How was magical express from the airport and going back? What resorts did you share with and do you remember the order? Were you guys the first off the bus when arriving at WDW?

Also how were the buses to and from the parks during your stay? Did you share with other POR?

Thank you!

And again, thanks for your report!

Magical Express was great! We only had to wait about 5 minutes before our bus come to pick us up from the airport. The POFQ ME bus did share with POR for sure, but I can't remember if we shared with another resort also. I think we were the first group dropped off. On the way back we also picked up guests from POR and OKW. It took ~5-10 minutes for each stop, depending on how many guests were waiting.

Most of the time we shared buses with POR, but I think there were a few times when we didn't. Usually the busses would pick up at POFQ first then make 4 stops at POR and then the drop off order was the same. They did switch it up a couple of times and we got dropped off after stopping at POR.

Good tip about the wristlet. I'm going to have to study yours a bit closer. Sorry you had a nightmare traveling weekend.

YOur trip seems like it was fabulous! Im glad you had fun. I would like to go to WDW with my mother, but I'm afraid we would end up killing each other if we went for a week. I love her I just don't know if I can share a room with her.:)

The 3 of us sharing a room was definately interesting at times, but we made it through! We had a blast!

hi! i just jumped over to your TR from the disney dooney thread! this is a terrific report and it looks like you had a spectacular time!
love your disney dooney - you got terrific placement! :love: i have the cindy tote in that print. i loved the bag you got but as you stated, it is a bit too big for my every day purposes.
yes, staying at POFQ is wonderful isnt it? my mom and i stayed there in january for my birthday weekend festivities and had a BLAST! :wizard: We are headed back this coming january to do it all over again! i agree, i love the deluxes but id rather save the money and use it for little indulgences like ANOTHER disney dooney :rolleyes1

hi! i just jumped over to your TR from the disney dooney thread! this is a terrific report and it looks like you had a spectacular time!
love your disney dooney - you got terrific placement! :love: i have the cindy tote in that print. i loved the bag you got but as you stated, it is a bit too big for my every day purposes.
yes, staying at POFQ is wonderful isnt it? my mom and i stayed there in january for my birthday weekend festivities and had a BLAST! :wizard: We are headed back this coming january to do it all over again! i agree, i love the deluxes but id rather save the money and use it for little indulgences like ANOTHER disney dooney :rolleyes1

Thanks! We did have an awesome time... I definitely think I'll be back to POFQ! I seriously checked out like 20 bags before I found one that had the placement I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter