Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone...im soooo wanting to join you for the meet next spring!! i need to meet some other people who have the same obsession as me....DISNEY!! if i can upgrade my hopper to an ap in november, ill be there!! im having fun reading all about everyone, "and getting to know you all"

question....how do you decide how to pair up for hotel rooms? or does everyone get their own room?

i need to meet some other people who have the same obsession as me....DISNEY!!

rflol :rotfl: well then shelly you have come to the right place! i am sure that everyone on disboards has the same passion you do--disney!! lol :cheer2:

hi everyone...im soooo wanting to join you for the meet next spring!! i need to meet some other people who have the same obsession as me....DISNEY!! if i can upgrade my hopper to an ap in november, ill be there!! im having fun reading all about everyone, "and getting to know you all"

question....how do you decide how to pair up for hotel rooms? or does everyone get their own room?

Hi! I hope you're able to come on next year's trip.

The first year no one really new anyone outside of the board so Beth (one of the Divas) created a questionaire based on early riser, do you snore :rotfl2:, night owl, etc. This helped the ladies find others that fit their routine. Also you'll find in the upcoming months that you will find ladies that fit your personality. Some of the ladies are 1-2 to a room, but we've also had groups that go 4-5 to a room. The more to the room the more $$$ you have to spend on the trip. ;) But it's totally up to you and how many roommates you'll be comfortable with.

steph

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!:)

I also wanted to say welcome to all the newbies. :goodvibes

My name is Linda and my DD23 Brianne & I go to the parks quite often (I live about 75 minutes away). I am dining at AG and seeing WOC for the first time on Friday. I can't wait!:banana:

Hi everyone! I am going to take a leap here and sign in! I am hoping to go with you all next March. I was there last Feb. with my daughter's cheer team the same weekend you were there. But after many years of dance and cheer competitions in DLR, it was my last trip. My girls no longer dance or cheer lol.

Anyway, my name is Beth.. I'm married to Alan and we live in San Jose. We have 4 kids, 19 (went to school in La Mirada, 10 miles from DLR, although he's been home this semester and hopes to go back), 17, 14, and 11. And we are fostering 2 more, 12 and 6.

Hoping I can join you!
Beth

Welcome to all the new girls!!! :banana:

My name is Courtney, I'm 23 and live in Ventura County, CA. So maybe an hour from DLR if there's no traffic. :thumbsup2

where would one find this "diva questionare"?

Sorry that I didn't write more. The questionaire was a few years ago. I don't think it's still on the boards. I'll see if I can find it.

steph

It's been in the 90's here too, but the triple digits will be back in full force next week, if not sooner. :rolleyes:
Your reunion sounds fun! Are you sure it wasn't your 20th?? ;) You look too good to be going to a 37th reunion.
Enjoy your weekend at Disneyland. Hope the crowds aren't too bad. Have a cupcake for me. :mickeyjum
I've never had one of their cupcakes. I guess I better try one.
Thanks but I'm as old as Disneyland, in fact I'm 1 week older.:lmao:
Okay I created a thread on the DL community board for those in need of roommates. The link is on page 1 post 1. And below

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37120461#post37120461

steph

Looks like the planning for the next trip is getting underway. You people have no idea how much this excites me !:rotfl:

Hello Ladies- I am checking in real quick! I tried to keep up with the other thread, but it grew so fast! Anyways, I am Jen- from Corvallis Oregon, where we have a small farm, and I run a childcare/pre-school out of my home. I am planning on coming on this trip with 2 of my daycare moms! We are shutting this place down so we can have a kid free fun time! Woohoo! Can't wait to meet all of you,and we are looking forward to the fun. Will try to stay more tuned in to this thread :) Also, can some of you send some of your "summer" this way- we are stuck in gloom and doon up here! :thumbsup2

Welcome Jen! How great that you and your friends will be able to join us on this trip! I know what you mean about summer...I am up in NW Washington and we haven't had much summer yet either!

I just got tickets for the free Jimmy Buffet and friends (Kenny Chesney) concert! I hope that it works out to go while we are in Florida visiting my parents.

ETA. Hoping that mom will be able to watch the kiddos...

Hope it all works out for you! Can't wait to hear about the concert!

After much lurking I've finally decided to say hello! I've been interested in the girls only trips since I joined the dis. I'm Jolene from Portland, or. I can't wait to get to know everyone here! One thing I've been thinking, would anyone be interested in driving down together from the Portland area? Flying just won't be in the budget and driving that far alone doesn't sound too appealing! :)

Hi Jolene! Welcome! Hope you are able to join us for the amazing Diva's disney trip!

The first year I came with an aquantence from work, last year I roomed with a Diva I had met the year before and a new diva. This next year I plan to bring a friend and hopefully room with another Diva who has the same park plan that I do...get to the parks early and go hard until the park closes!

Hi everyone! I am going to take a leap here and sign in! I am hoping to go with you all next March. I was there last Feb. with my daughter's cheer team the same weekend you were there. But after many years of dance and cheer competitions in DLR, it was my last trip. My girls no longer dance or cheer lol.

Anyway, my name is Beth.. I'm married to Alan and we live in San Jose. We have 4 kids, 19 (went to school in La Mirada, 10 miles from DLR, although he's been home this semester and hopes to go back), 17, 14, and 11. And we are fostering 2 more, 12 and 6.

Hoping I can join you!
Beth

Hi Beth! Sounds like you are busy with all those kids! Welcome to our group!

SarahMay

Wow, LOVE seeing all the new ladies joining in. How exciting!! :yay:

I am so excited! i am finally going to get to meet eatmypixie dust! We are meeting on saturday! it's going to be sooo fun!! :cool1:
Hi Sara, have fun with Rochelle/eatmypixiedust. She is a real sweetie.

I have to go to the doctor today--my right foot has been giving me fits for about two months. After Saturday and being on my feet all day I was in agony--now it's numb.
Oh Cheryl, I hope it's okay. :hug:

I hope you have a good time with your mom and your DH :)
Thanks! And have fun shopping.

After much lurking I've finally decided to say hello! I've been interested in the girls only trips since I joined the dis. I'm Jolene from Portland, or. I can't wait to get to know everyone here!
Hi Jolene! Welcome to the group. :goodvibes

My name is Amber and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and I can't wait to meet you all.
Hi Amber! Welcome!! :)

hi everyone...im soooo wanting to join you for the meet next spring!! i need to meet some other people who have the same obsession as me....DISNEY!!
You came to the right place! Welcome!!

Hi everyone! I am going to take a leap here and sign in! I am hoping to go with you all next March.
Anyway, my name is Beth..
Hi Beth! GREAT name. ;) Welcome!!

I've never had one of their cupcakes. I guess I better try one.

I insist! They are sooo good. :thumbsup2

Good evening!
I guess I should re-introduce myself for all the newbs :thumbsup2

I'm Cristabel; 21; student at Cal State Fullerton currently at home for the summer. I LOVE Disneyland (duh :laughing:) and I'm annual pass holder. Hopefully I'll be going again sometime soon. That's about it!

Well, since there is so much new activity I guess that I will reintroduce myself. My name is Daisy. I am 32 years old and have a daughter that is 7 and a son that is 4. This past trip was my first with the Divas and I had a blast. It was also my first trip to Disneyland. I have been to Disneyworld many many times though. I moved from Florida to Ohio two years ago...so I almost came the farthest. I did meet some awesome ladies on this past trip. I am trying to make it work with Chris' vacation schedule so that I can come again this year.

I am going in November with my family and think it would be more cost effective for me to buy an AP if I am going again in March. So since I've never bought an AP before which one should I get? Thanks again! Everyone is so nice and I can't wait to meet you all.

I am going in November with my family and think it would be more cost effective for me to buy an AP if I am going again in March. So since I've never bought an AP before which one should I get? Thanks again! Everyone is so nice and I can't wait to meet you all.

I would recommend a Deluxe. Don't know if it will work for your November dates, but for the girls trip, no dates are blocked out for a Deluxe. Most of us have Deluxe or Premium. I have a Deluxe. Plus the discounts are nice. :thumbsup2

So glad you are joining us - it's a lot of fun!;)

After much lurking I've finally decided to say hello! I've been interested in the girls only trips since I joined the dis. I'm Jolene from Portland, or. I can't wait to get to know everyone here! One thing I've been thinking, would anyone be interested in driving down together from the Portland area? Flying just won't be in the budget and driving that far alone doesn't sound too appealing! :)
Hi Jolene and welcome! I'm not sure if there are ladies from Portland who have come in the past. Do you have any other Disney-crazed friends in Portland who might want to come with you?

I am getting really excited. I hope to meet lots of friends and I already know it will be so much fun!! I can't wait to eat at yummy places, and enjoying the magic of Disney!! My name is Amber and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and I can't wait to meet you all.

Amber--WELCOME!!: where do you live in SLC? I lived there from 1994 to 1998 in Sandy. Worked downtown. I loved it there, but then the company I worked for got acquired so I forced myself back to Orange County! ON the passes, most everyone I think gets at least the Deluxe pass--but then you would still most likely be blocked out on Saturday and have to get a $45 blockout pass.

question....how do

Hi and WELCOME!!!!

Hoping I can join you!
Beth

Beth: does your son go to Biola? One of the other Divas has a daughter who is a senior (or junior?) at Biola in La Mirada. anywhoos--WELCOME to you too!

As for me, my name is Cheryl and I'm one of the older Divas (53--in body only!) I'm not married, and don't have kids, but have a mellow Siamese named Raja and a perky Corgi named Bella. I love getting together with the other Diva babes and have made many close friends on this board. I'm going with lulubelle tomorrow night in fact, to see WOC and have dinner at Ariels! Yay!

And Funball--yes, I'm sure there will be mini-meets between now and next March! There always are!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I have to share... Our trip to DL with the DH was GREAT!!!!! We stayed at the DLH in the Wonder tower DTD view. Nice room!! Since DH isn't really "disney", I didn't want to over plan and scare him, so we did the parks in a nice leisurley manner and I fed him as much as possible. It was crowded, but not horrible! We watched the fireworks from our room and DH said that was his favorite. Honestly, I think it was because he could watch them in his boxers :rotfl:
On our last day we did things a little different.. Woke up early, hit the park for a few rides, had breakfast and then we hit the pool! I kept a small bag of extra clothes and checked all of our other luggage with the bell desk. We got a couple of loungers with a table and umbrella and the kids made a few friends while swimming. Honestly, that was the best way to end the trip.. Hanging out by the pool and getting some sun! We stayed a few hours did a quick change and hit the road. The kids were asleep by the time we got to the freeway and snored the whole way home!

We saw Kelly (kelmac284) and her daughters Tuesday during MM. It's always nice to spot another Diva!

I'm looking forward to our trip next month with my mom and Tammy.. We are headed to the Grand Californian :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter