Girl gone wild...Just kidding it's just a bunch of girls having fun

Bama Mom

Disney Dreamer
Hello! Welcome to my PTR. A place I hope to share plans for our upcoming girls only trip. But let's be honest, I will probably stink at keeping this updated. I totally abandoned my PTR as well as my trip report from 2019 but hope to not do that with this one.

First off...introductions.

My name is Sandy and I am the official planner of this trip. The youngest of a trio of sisters going on this girls only trip.
me (2).jpg

I work from home running a vinyl and screen print business, co-own an ornamental iron business with hubby and get to watch my grand daughter one day a week (which is my all time favorite job!). My husband and I have been married for almost 27 years (but started dating 6 1/2 years before then). Sheesh we are getting old. My most recent trip was in 2019 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. He is not a disney fan so he is happy to not be going on this trip. We have two son's, a daughter and a daughter-in-love as well as a grand daughter and another grand baby due in August. Our only one at home is our yougest son (19 years) who is in college.

Next up are my sisters...
sisters2.jpg

This is a picture of the three of us taken in December when we meet for a Christmas supper together with our husbands. I'm the short pooh sized one on the left.
My middle sister is in the middle. Her name is Norma and she just turned 50 on Christmas Eve and looks fabulous! She has only been to Disney a couple times (I think). She knows nothing about it and is happy to let me and our other sister make the plans for this trip. She actually has a daughter getting married a week after we get home but she was adamant she was not missing this trip since it was planned before the wedding date set! She has two daughters, a son-in-love and a bonus son (her husband's son). Her oldest daughter is married and her younger daughter is the one getting married. She has one grand daughter that belongs to her youngest daughter.

Next up is our older sister, Sheila (in the blue sweater). She is the typical big sister looking out for us and giving us her sound advice. She is married and has two daughters, a son and a daughter-in-love. Her girls will be on this girls trip with us so I'll introduce them in a bit. Her DIL was suppose to be coming but recently had to back out. She is a pediatric nurse in L&D and had scheduling conflicts so she can no longer come. She lives 2 1/2 hours away from me and Norma so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like so this trip is going to be great getting to hang with both of my sisters because we always have a fun time together.

Next up are my oldest and youngest nieces. They both belong to Sheila.
niece1.jpg

First up is Elisa (the oldest). She is the shorter one on the right. She lives in LA so we are praying she actually gets off lock down and gets to come with us. She did the college program years ago when she was in college and actually went to work for Disney when she graduated college doing media PR, then worked at Freeform for a while. She is a go getter and doesn't let anyone or anything stand in her way. We like to joke around how she is the oldest cousin but she is short like her momma and me. She will actually celebrate her birthday on this trip.

Allie is my youngest niece and is the one we are working around scheduling wise. We will be there during her spring break. She is the only cousin left in high school. She is on her schools color guard team and reminds me a lot of my own daughter in her personality. She is quiet until she gets comfortable with you and gets embarrassed by how loud her mom can be sometimes.

Lastly we have my daughter, Becca.
Bec (2).jpg

She is my only daughter (except my daughter-in-love) and is my middle child. She is 23 and has been married a little over a year now. She is holding my granddaughter (Vivianne) but she doesn't belong to her. Vivianne belongs to my oldest son and DIL. She just really loves her Aunt BecBec so I included a picture of the two of them together. My daughter has just recently started a photography business with her husband. Her husband is also currently finishing up college for his degree in cyber security. This girl right her has a heart of gold and has a heart for missions. She is excited about this trip because she hasn't been to disney since 2008.
She is my ride junkie and foodie.

My DIL thought about coming but she doesn't want to bring Vivianne for her first trip with her dad. I don't blame her and it gives me the chance to plan another trip later for her first trip.

This trip has been in the works since 2019 when I was planning my husband and my anniversary trip. Allie really wants to get back to Disney and so that's how it was born. Sheila and I decided our husbands would be more than happy to not have to go on a trip to Disney so why not plan a girls trip. We have thrown differnet dates around trying to plan around weddings and graduations. Unfortunately Covid hit and we had stopped planning for a bit not sure if the trip would happen or not. Once we realized it could happen we decided going during Allie's spring break would be the best time for everyone. So that's how we settled on our dates.

Now for a few details.
Originally we had 9 people coming but both of Norma's girls had to back out as well as Kenley (sheila's DIL). So we are back down to 6. We have had rooms booked at The Contemporay (when it was just 5 of us), Pop (had 3 rooms reserved at one time) and now finally at a Lion King Family Suite at AoA.
We will be there March 21st through the 27th.

Elisa will take the red eye out from LA and get there first, then Sheila and Allie and then Becca and I. We land around 9:00am but plan to just do Disney Springs. Norma gets there last. Not until around 9:00pm.

I get to make ADR's on January 20th (which happens to be my husband birthday!) so we are currently working on a list of places I need to snag ADRs for.

My daughter and I plan to try our hands at ears in the next week so I'm hoping they turn our okay. We're pretty crafty so hopefully they will.

We do have park hopper and have our park reservations for now. They may change once the hours are released (which will hopefully be this Friday).
Right now we have:
Arrival day: Disney Springs
Monday: MK
Tuesday: HS
Wednesday: Epcot
Thursday: AK
Friday: MK
Saturday: Flights home (times range between 7:00 am and noon)

I have gotten the magicband order placed. I'm hoping there are no shipping issues with how messed up the postal service is right now.

I'm still trying to decide if we want to get photopass or not. but I probably will.

I am looking forward to this trip because my sisters and I always have a great time together. truth be know you would probably hear us before you see us because we tend to get excited and laugh loudly when we are together.

Your girls trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

The Mickey ears are cute. Fur is very messy to work with. It seems to get everywhere.

We made a total of 11 ears so far. We have 6 going in our group and I figure we will all just share and swap out. We plan to make more. I might need a second suitcase just for the ears LOL.

Here are the frozen ones we have made so far:
ears5.jpg

And the two animal print ones (we need to find something to cover the glue glob on the bow on the non furry ones. Not sure how that happened):
ears4.jpg

Princess and minnie ones:

ears7.jpg

And solid color and mermaid ones. (we need to fix the mermaid ones because its faux leather so it didn't want to lay right. We plan to add a small appetizer fork (dinglehopper) to it also but I didn't get any yet.

ears6.jpg

And my daughter modeling a pair (ignore the bad angll, I promise the ear isn't weird shaped):
ears2.jpg

So I changed up some of our park reservations to give us a better shot at getting boarding passes for RotR.

Monday: MK
Tuesday: HS
Wednesday: AK
Thursday: HS
Friday: MK

We figure we will hop to Epcot a couple evenings. If we get boarding passes for RotR on the first Hs day, we may change the second reservation to Epcot if there are some available. If not we will just stick to the hopping in the evenings.

T-minus 67 days until our trip.

Last night I had a disney dream. I dreamed we went to HS and were the first people on MF:SR then we were going to go get in line for MMRR and when we got there it was 175 minute wait. I refused to wait in that line so we decided to go ride SDD instead and I got us lost on the way over there so I got more frustrated with myself.

I really hope this isn't an indication of how our trip is going to go :eek::faint:

I think we must be in a FB group together bc I've seen the pics of these ears somewhere else lol, Happily ever after maybe? I remember bc I loved them and wished I knew how to make them. We are going that same week!

I think we must be in a FB group together bc I've seen the pics of these ears somewhere else lol, Happily ever after maybe? I remember bc I loved them and wished I knew how to make them. We are going that same week!

I am in that group but I only posted the ears to my personal page not the group. I also posted in the March 2021 thread here.

Ah, maybe thats it! I love them. What kind of headbands do you use? I can't ever find any that stay on

Ah, maybe thats it! I love them. What kind of headbands do you use? I can't ever find any that stay on
[/QUO
These are Goody brand that come 3 to a pack. They slide on my head but not as much on my daughter because she has really thick hair. I have heard to add some velvet ribbon to the inside to help hold them on better so I think I'll go back to do that and see if that helps hold them on my head better.

It's ADR day today!

So I was up early to get ADRs. I had my alarm set to go off at 4:30 because I could get ADRs at 5am my time. However I was up extra early because I didn't sleep the well last night. Worried about family members who have Covid and was admitted to the hospital last night.

I was able to get a few ADRs before the website went crazy and crashed on me. So I changed to the app on my phone to finish up.
I will be cancelling several of these because we have duplicates at different time so we can decide which wourks best for us. For now this is what we have:

March 21st (Sunday): Arrival day. We were going to try to get dinner ressies at Beaches and Cream to start our trip off with a bang but there wasn't anything available so we changed our mind. We will go to DS and probably just do mobile ordering either there or at one of the resorts.

March 22nd (Monday): Rope drop Magic Kingdom and we have a supper5:45 ressie at LTT. If they extend the hours I will try to snag a later time slot.

March 23rd (Tuesday): Rope drop HS and hope we have a boarding group for RotR. We have two different ressie times at Sci-Fi. An 11:1o and a 4:05. Gonna try to change this to something like 1:00 ish and then cancel both of these. We may hop to Epcot after lunch.

March 24th (Wednesday): Rope drop Animal Kingdom. We have two times reserved for Yak&Yeti we just need to decide if we want an earlier or later lunch then I will let one go. So we will either keep the 11:00 or 1:30 time slot.

March 25th (Thursday): We have park reservations for HS this day as well in case we don't get boarding groups for RotR on Tuesday. If we do and we decide we don't want to go back we will see if there is availability at Epcot and change our park ressies for there. We also have Sci-Fi reserved at 1:05 on this day just in case we miss it on Tuesday.

March 26th (Friday): Rope drop Magic Kingdom. We will be here through at least lunch because we have a 12:30 Skipper Canteen reservation. After that we will probably hop to Epcot if we didn't spend Thursday there. From there we will walk to our 9:05 Beaches and Cream reservation to end our trip with the kitchen sink. Hopefully we won't make ourselves sick eating it so late LOL

March 27th (Saturday): Departure day...Flight times scattered.

On a plus side, my sister that was getting in at 9pm is now getting in at 12:06 pm. That's a big time change and I'm so happy she won't have to be traveling so late and can enjoy DS with us.

So everyone in the group's flights are getting changed left and right. Most are not bad but my nieces from LA to MCO is a little over 5 hours change for her getting to MCO later. She is looking for other options. I'm sure things will change even more in the next 7 weeks so we will have to see where we are closer to trip time.

We are 49 days away from our trip and it's so weird not having more plans already. I am so ready for this trip. This past week was a hectic and busy one with appointments and other obligations. I'm ready for a break.

I was able to book a post park closing reservation at Sci-Fi on our first HS day. Now we need to decide which of those three reservations we want to keep. However we probably won't decide until closer to trip time so we can see if they extend hours and if the later one truly is a post park closing reservation or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter