Giraffes, zebras and flamingos......oh my! Completed 10/13.

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Good morning from the savannah! I am enjoying my coffee and getting ready to head out for the day to Magic Kingdom! I arrived here yesterday around lunch, enjoyed the pool, explored around a bit and went up to my room to unpack (ostrich trial, overlooking the front of the hotel). Not my favourite location but the room was clean even though it had a sharp, chemical smell. Or so I thought......because when I went to pull back the covers to have a nap before going for dinner at Jiko, I saw brown specks on the sheets.....ugh! I went down to front desk, they said the would send pest control and the housekeeping manager up asap. The two of them checked it out and determined it was NOT bed bugs but I was SO freaked out. I gathered all my things and went down to front desk again to ask if I could possibly be moved. They were so accommodating and already had a room ready for me on Zebra trail with a partial savannah view. Not the best start but Disney could not have handled it better.
IMG_0550.JPG

I am hoping to do this report live so will check in with you all later! :)

Last edited:
Back from a super fun morning at MK! Is there anything better than this view??
IMG_0560.JPG
The crowds were very manageable and I got a lot done in a short time. I was pleasantly surprised with the new welcome show. I thought I would miss the train show but the new one is very sweet.
IMG_0567.JPG

I took in the trolley show and of course it brought tears to my eyes. Of course, my first day at MK does that anyways. I hit Jungle Cruise with a 5 minute wait, then BTMR with only a 10 min wait. Pirates was down unfortunately and by the time it was up again the stand by long wait was too long. Next up was Haunted Mansion followed by a cruise on the Liberty Belle. I got some great pics as I sailed along.
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
I followed this up with IASW and by that time I was hot and thirsty so popped into Cheshire Cat for a raspberry lemonade slushy. So refreshing!
IMG_0580.JPG
I then headed to People Mover (my fave)! It was almost time for lunch at BOG but first I had my first Dismeet of the trip! @Tracy161 met up with me in front of BOG and we had a few minutes to chat and will meet up again tomorrow at Epcot. So nice to meet Disfriends in real life! :) After lunch at BOG I went on the carousel which was fun. I then scoped out the new Dooney bags at Uptown Jewellers.....so nice. I decided to head back to AKL for some pool time before heading to Epcot later this afternoon. So happy to be back in my happy place!

Last edited:
After a fun time at the pool, I got ready to head to Epcot!
IMG_0592.JPG
Epcot is totally my favourite Park....there is just something magical about World Showcase. I started off with a ride through time on Spaceship Earth. Then it was time to visit Mexico for a cucumber lime margarita and the mariachi band!
IMG_0595.JPG
Donald was having a meet and greet in Mexican gear so of course I hopped in line to meet him. Next up was my first ever time on Frozen Ever After which I loved! The joys of being here on my own rather than with my boys who would not do Frozen if you paid them.
IMG_0598.JPG
I got to check out the newly refurbed Mission Space, still green team of course because I am a wimp. I love the new format....taking a tour over Earth is so much fun! I then headed over to see the Chinese Acrobats show for the first time.....it was fantastic! I strolled along the World Showcase to Japan and stocked up on candy for my boys. They just love the Japanese gummies.
IMG_0599.JPG
Next up was dinner at Spice Road Table with a perfect view for Illuminations. It was EMH so I headed to the Land to ride LWTL and Soarin'. I ended the night at the Character Spot with Mickey, Goofy and Minnie! So fun!

Last edited:

Well, I am back home so my plans for a live report didn't quite work out, lol! I had the BEST trip ever and now I have a serious case of PDD. At least I can share all the details with you and get to relive the fun! I am trying to figure out how to resize my pictures, so hopefully will have those up soon.

My 4 parks/1 day adventure was a huge success even with no express transportation. I started the day off at Animal Kingdom enjoying the trails around the Tree of Life, just taking in the details of the beautiful carvings.
IMG_0606.JPG
As I came around the side I saw the legendary Devine. She was amazing and it was so fun watching her interact with some children who were just in awe of her.
IMG_0605.JPG
I decided to head up to Rafiki's Planet Watch as I hadn't been there in years. I had fun wandering around checking out the exhibits and even had a meet and greet with Rafiki himself. I hopped on the train back down to Harambe and headed over to watch the Festival of the Lion King show. I hadn't seen this show since our 2010 trip and it was amazing! I love the tumbling monkeys and the incredible stilt walkers. So much talent, you almost feel like you are at a Broadway show!
IMG_0614.JPG
Next up was my first experience with Pandora and it did not disappoint! I had a FP for the Navi River ride which was beautiful and very calming. I love the immersive level of detail here.
IMG_0628.JPG
After the ride I headed over to Satu'li Canteen for lunch. I love the theming of this restaurant. After lunch I wandered around taking in all of the details....there is so much to see and it is incredibly well done.
IMG_0617.JPG
I had an anytime FP as GMR had closed so I decided to check and see if I could use it for FoP. They said I could use and off I went for the experience of a lifetime. This was hands down the most amazing ride ever. It was so immersive, you felt as though everything on the ride was happening to you. I actually cried on this ride from sheer joy and awe, it is just that good. I can totally understand why people wait two hours to experience it. Next up I had a meet and greet at the Character Outpost with Mickey and Minnie in their safari gear. Sadly, these pics did not turn out but it was fun still the same.

By this point I was hot, sweaty and tired so I decided to go back to AKL for a refresh. After a swim in the pool and some time just lounging around I was feeling much better and was ready to head out again. I knew there was a 5:00 showing of Music of Pixar Live at Hollywood Studios so decided to head there as my next park. The bus gods were on my side again as I waited less than 5 minutes for a HS bus. When I arrived the March of the First Order had just started so that was a lot of fun to watch.
IMG_0644.JPG
I headed up to Sweet Spells next on a quest for a carrot cake cookie. They are the best! When I was in there the heavens opened for a typical late afternoon Florida thunderstorm. I waited it out for a bit then headed over to Anaheim Produce for a Mickey Pretzel and a beer. The rain was pretty short lived and soon I was making my way over for Pixar Live. This show was just incredible and I really hope Disney brings it back. The green men really played up the audience prior to the show starting and the music was awesome. Combined with the screen shots from the movies and appearances from the characters themselves, it was just a wonderful experience. I should have brought tissues with me though, as it is a tearjerker. So beautifully done!
IMG_0647.JPG

Next up was Epcot! I headed towards the Friendship Boats and luckily there was one right there. I took it over to the Yacht Club and then walked over to the International Gateway. @Tracy161 and I had plans to meet up and ride FEA so we met up in World Showcase and headed over to Norway. The ride was a lot of fun and I was very happy to get to experience this again. We decided to head towards France for a beverage and of course ended up with Grey Goose slushies! We enjoyed those and chatted about all things Disney. If you have had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, you know what a sweetheart she is. I really enjoyed our time together. :)
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG

I had plans to watch Happily Ever After for the first time so headed towards the monorail for my trip to MK. I was so nervous about this show as I am the biggest Wishes geek ever (I have the soundtrack on my phone and play it regularly in the car, much to the dismay of my teenagers!). So I was a bit apprehensive going in. The area in front of the castle was PACKED but I managed to stake out a good spot to wait. Well, it was incredible. I may have been sobbing like a baby about 1/2 way through. Simply an amazing show and the message was so, so beautiful. I loved it as much as my beloved Wishes and think it is a wonderful addition to MK.
IMG_0677.JPG
After the show, I was feeling peckish so headed over to get a Dole Whip float which was super yummy. I then took in the Tiki Room show, enjoyed some time with 999 Happy Haunts, journeyed through the century on Carousel of Progress, had some laughs with my favourite Monster Crew and rode through the seas with some swashbuckling pirates. By this time it was time for a "Kiss Goodnight", ending my day in the most perfect way possible.

4 parks/1 day challenge complete!!

Last edited:
HELLO!!!!!!!! It's so funny, just this morning I was clicking through all of your signature links trying to find this as I thought you had said you were trying to do a live report. Well, clearly I missed the first mention of my name... I don't always catch the alerts for some reason :headache: Anyway, I'm here now and boy did I have a lot to catch up on!

Good morning from the savannah!
Wow, what a view!

Not the best start but Disney could not have handled it better.
Ugh, I remember you telling me about this. So glad Disney handled it so well at least. And I would have done the SAME thing you did, for sure!

Back from a super fun morning at MK! Is there anything better than this view??
No, there really isn't. And I miss it so much. :sad:

I took in the trolley show and of course it brought tears to my eyes. Of course, my first day at MK does that anyways.
Same!!! :goodvibes

I then headed to People Mover (my fave)!
Mine, too! :thumbsup2

So nice to meet Disfriends in real life! :)
Yes, it sure is!!! And I had such a fabulous time meeting you!!! :hug:

After lunch at BOG I went on the carousel which was fun.
I haven't rode the Carousel since I was a kid, probably. I must rectify that!

Epcot is totally my favourite Park....there is just something magical about World Showcase.
No wonder we got along so well, I feel like I could have been writing half of this myself! :laughing:

The joys of being here on my own rather than with my boys who would not do Frozen if you paid them.
:rotfl:

I got to check out the newly refurbed Mission Space, still green team of course
I never did this and really wanted to, darn it!

I had the BEST trip ever and now I have a serious case of PDD.
ME TOO!!!!!! :faint:

My 4 parks/1 day adventure was a huge success even with no express transportation.
YAY!!!

As I came around the side I saw the legendary Devine.
I didn't see Devine on this trip, and I typically have great luck seeing her.

This was hands down the most amazing ride ever.
I completely and totally agree. It was just... magical.

I headed up to Sweet Spells next on a quest for a carrot cake cookie.
Another thing on my to-do list I never did get around to doing... or, eating I should say :laughing:

If you have had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, you know what a sweetheart she is. I really enjoyed our time together. :)
Awwww, shucks :goodvibes I had the best time with you, too! :hug:

(I have the soundtrack on my phone and play it regularly in the car, much to the dismay of my teenagers!).
This is amazing.

By this time it was time for a "Kiss Goodnight", ending my day in the most perfect way possible.

What a perfect day! And you even went back to your room for a swim!? Kudos to you, my friend!!! Impressive!

Can't wait for more!!! :goodvibes

Time for a fun filled day at Hollywood Studios!
IMG_1196.JPG
I started off the day enjoying the fun with the Frozen Sing-a-long. This was amazing. The couple that plays the citizens of Arendelle were hilarious and made lots of inside Disney jokes. I loved it!
IMG_0940.JPG
After the show I headed for an awesome lunch at 50's Prime Time. When I was finished I noticed that there was only a 15 minute wait to meet Olaf. My teaching partner from last year at school loves Olaf so I just had to get a picture with him. This was a fantastic character interaction, I loved it!
IMG_0955.JPG
As I strolled towards Rockin' Roller Coaster for my FP, I noticed the Citizens of Hollywood out doing their radio quiz show, Oh my goodness, this was fantastic! I really hope they continue to have the Citizens in some capacity, even with the changes to the park. It would be a shame to lose them.
IMG_0958.JPG

Next up, was time for one of my all time favourite rides! I promised the boys that I would ride this on my own and I did it! So fun!
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
After an iced coffee and a little rest in the shade to recover , I was ready to tackle my other Hollywood Studios must do with a super fun trip through an old and creepy hotel! Fabulous as always!
IMG_1188.JPG
This was a perfect day to enjoy Hollywood Studios and say goodbye to it in it's current incarnation. I know on my next visit there will be many new additions and I am looking forward to them. I just hope they keep some of the unique charm of this park though.

Last edited:

Oh man I was not aware you had started this while you were there! Glad I found it now :scared:

I was pleasantly surprised with the new welcome show. I thought I would miss the train show but the new one is very sweet.
It's nice to hear someone say they enjoyed it because most people don't lol. That's why I keep saying I want to see it but haven't really made a serious effort. Maybe I'll try a bit harder in November.................

but first I had my first Dismeet of the trip! @Tracy161 met up with me in front of BOG and we had a few minutes to chat and will meet up again tomorrow at Epcot. So nice to meet Disfriends in real life! :)
It IS! The best part is when those Disfriends become friends you text and/or talk to on a semi regular basis or get together without outside of Disney :goodvibes

Donald was having a meet and greet in Mexican gear
It's been years since I've met Mexico Donald because my boys just won't do it so I just keep walking by.............next time I'm meeting him on my own, he's so cute in that sombrero!

The joys of being here on my own rather than with my boys who would not do Frozen if you paid them.
:laughing: Same with my boys! Steve and I rode FEA once, last August, but we always have to use our tier 1 for something else whether the boys are with us or not and the line is always too long when I check. I don't love Frozen and I don't care to ride it multiple times each trip, but I'd like to ride it again at some point.

the Festival of the Lion King show. I hadn't seen this show since our 2010 trip and it was amazing!
Wow that's a long FOTLK break! It's Steve's favorite show in Disney and the rest of us love it, glad you got to see it again!

I had an anytime FP as GMR had closed so I decided to check and see if I could use it for FoP. They said I could use and off I went for the experience of a lifetime. This was hands down the most amazing ride ever.
Agree 100%

soon I was making my way over for Pixar Live. This show was just incredible and I really hope Disney brings it back.
Steve and Chris watched this last month while Ricky and I rode TOT a couple times and they both said it was great. It made me want to see it but sadly we couldn't get back to it. I hope they bring it back also.

We decided to head towards France for a beverage and of course ended up with Grey Goose slushies!
Great choice :drinking1

I noticed the Citizens of Hollywood out doing their radio quiz show, Oh my goodness, this was fantastic! I really hope they continue to have the Citizens in some capacity, even with the changes to the park. It would be a shame to lose them.
I love the Citizens of Hollywood, always have. I was upset when they cut their performances down a couple years back and let some of the actors go, but at least they didn't completely eliminate them. As the only thing left that says "old Hollywood" now, I sincerely hope they keep them around as a reminder of what MGM once was for those of us that loved it that way and miss it dearly :sad1:

Looking forward to reading more!

What a perfect day! And you even went back to your room for a swim!? Kudos to you, my friend!!! Impressive!

Can't wait for more!!! :goodvibes
Thanks for joining in Tracy! Why does Disney time always go by faster than real life time? I'm ready to go back already and I've only been home for five days!

Looking forward to reading more!
Great to have you here Ariane! Reliving all my adventures is helping me with my serious case of PDD, lol!

I started off the day enjoying the fun with the Frozen Sing-a-long. This was amazing. The couple that plays the citizens of Arendelle were hilarious and made lots of inside Disney jokes. I loved it!
I need to do this!

After the show I headed for an awesome lunch at 50's Prime Time.
So glad you had a good time here. I can't remember if you told me what you had to eat? Did you get the PBJ milkshake? That might have been my favorite thing to eat/drink my entire trip!

I promised the boys that I would ride this on my own and I did it!
GO YOU!!! :thumbsup2

I just hope they keep some of the unique charm of this park though.
I do, too.

Why does Disney time always go by faster than real life time? I'm ready to go back already and I've only been home for five days!
It's SO true! :sad2:

Confession time! I love character meets! And I never get to do them with the boys so I took full advantage of bring on my own to enjoy hanging out with some pretty cool characters!

First up, Donald and I in Mexico!
IMG_1190.JPG
That night I took advantage of super short lines during EMH and hung out with the Main Mouse and Goofy.
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
One of the highlights of my visit to AK during my 4 parks/1 day challenge was a visit with Rafiki!
IMG_1194.JPG
I have rarely seen Daisy out and about so when I spied her upon entering Epcot early in the morning, I made sure to head over and say hello.
IMG_1199.JPG
Last but not least, on my last MK morning Chip and Dale were doing a M&G in the Town Square. I was so excited to see them!
IMG_1200.JPG
Such a fun experience!

That's great! My boys don't like doing character meets anymore no matter how much I beg unless it's at a restaurant, so I've gotten pretty comfortable meeting fur characters on my own. I really want to meet a few face characters that I've never met or haven't met in awhile but I still feel kind of awkward meeting them by myself :scared:
I love the skirts you're wearing in the pictures with Donald and Daisy! Can I ask where they're from?

I really want to meet a few face characters that I've never met or haven't met in awhile but I still feel kind of awkward meeting them by myself :scared:
I know!! I so wanted to meet Tink as I have always loved her but just didn't work up the courage to do a face character meet on my own. If we are there at the same time at some point, we'll have to go and do it together.

I love the skirts you're wearing in the pictures with Donald and Daisy! Can I ask where they're from?
Thanks so much! They are both from the Gap and are old as anything. I think I bought them back in 2004. I love how the pattern on the red one reminds me of Mickey heads. :)

I got to check out the newly refurbed Mission Space, still green team of course because I am a wimp. I love the new format....taking a tour over Earth is so much fun!
We rode the new Mission Space, green team last week too. I wasn't a fan of the previous version, but really liked the new one. I would ride it again (don't tell DH though, or we'll be riding it all the time, and I don't like it THAT well :rotfl:)

headed over to watch the Festival of the Lion King show. I hadn't seen this show since our 2010 trip and it was amazing! I love the tumbling monkeys and the incredible stilt walkers. So much talent, you almost feel like you are at a Broadway show!
Love this show!! They are extremely talented!

I had an anytime FP as GMR had closed so I decided to check and see if I could use it for FoP. They said I could use and off I went for the experience of a lifetime. This was hands down the most amazing ride ever.
That's awesome that you were able to use your anytime FP for FOP. We loved that ride! Later in our trip DH decided he wanted to hit a certain number of times riding FOP before we went home. My TR will reveal that goal and if we made it :rolleyes1

Awesome! We ended up at 3 parks one day last week just by chance. DH asked if we wanted to hit all four, but the last park (DHS) would have been closed before we could make it over there.

I love character meets! And I never get to do them with the boys so I took full advantage of bring on my own to enjoy hanging out with some pretty cool characters!
I cannot get enough of these character meet pictures!!! And your outfits are AMAZING!!!

There are so many advantages of solo travel, and these character meets are perfect proof of that! :goodvibes

I cannot get enough of these character meet pictures!!! And your outfits are AMAZING!!!
Thanks so much! It was ridiculously fun to do....I had a ball! I love to dress up for Disney. Where else can you wear Disney T's and tanks everywhere you go without anyone batting an eyelash??

I got to check out the newly refurbed Mission Space, still green team of course because I am a wimp. I love the new format....taking a tour over Earth is so much fun! I then

Ahh!! You are the first person I've seen mention actually riding it!! I am not a Mission Space fan but I do want to do the new mission!

As I came around the side I saw the legendary Devine. She was amazing and it was so fun watching her interact with some children who were just in awe of her.
img_0605-jpg.265939

She's so amazing. I haven't seen her in years, so I love to read about a sighting!

Hooray!!

Oh my gosh, this is so cute!

Your outfit is awesome. Daisy is one of my favorites, I'd hoped to see her there in May but forgot!!

I love to dress up for Disney. Where else can you wear Disney T's and tanks everywhere you go without anyone batting an eyelash??
Me, too!!! It's part of the fun, right?! And I love that you see SO many others follow suit! Even the people you wouldn't necessarily think would :goodvibes

I'm here. Loving all the character pics. Can't wait to hear more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter