Gina & Kevin's at Home Wedding and Disneymoon 7-24-2010 Save the dates are out !

So I am at home from work sick today. I was just laying around thinking about our disneymoon and the fact that at the end of the month we get to book our dining! This then brings up the question, do we do regular dining or go all out cause its our honeymoon? Well in my sickly state I could just absoutly go for Deluxe Dining so that is what I am goin to plan for. Here are some of the restaurants I was thinking of...

Artists Point, California Grille, Turf Club, Brown derby, just to name a few, there are some others I would like to try, but not sure, can i have some reccomendations?

I don't know. I'm not a dining plan fan. It's so much food you have to eat to justify it. Do you really think you could eat two sit down meals almost every day? Do you usually drink pop with your meal? Do you always have desserts with meals? Since you have time you should check out the menus at allears and do some preliminary calculations based on what you think you would order to see if it's worth it or better to just pay OOP.

for us dining plan is always better. i planned on the deluxe so we can do some of the two credit meals that we don't usually get to do. we are dvc members so we can pay for dining up until we check in, more than likely though we will do the dining plan, its just easier for us

We are huge fans of the dining plan and the deluxe plan in particular but I do see how it wouldn't work for everyone. If you're really light eaters or would normally share meals, it may not be for you.

When we're on vacation we love to really splurge and eat at nice restaurants, we have saved a ton of money using this plan, I did a dining review from our last trip, there's a link in my signature if you're interested.

We prefer eating at the signature restaurants - which are 2 ts credits and DF doesn't like CS so we generally do a TS breakfast or lunch. I don't think eating two sit down meals a day is excessive. When I'm at home I eat three meals a day. The days we do 3ts it is a bit much but usually one of those is a character meal and we just don't eat so much at that one.

We also like having two snack credits, we mostly use them for bottled waters, but it's nice to have a little treat here and there or to get a bagel or muffin for breakfast. We would normally order an appetizer anyway. I would always get dessert and while DF probably wouldn't, sometimes I get to order two and see which I like better! Plus there are so many restaurants we love at Disney that it would be really hard to narrow it down to only a few. Our last trip we had initially planned to do the DP but I had so many OOP meals I wanted to add that it was almost the same price anyway so we decided on Deluxe.

From the restaurants you have listed it sounds like the DxDp would be better since you have a lot of 2ts places on there.

thanks pez, i will take a look at your reviews. my DF and I are in such a dining rut when it comes to going to disney. it seems like we eat at the same places every trip. I really want to try some new places for our honeymoon! I also think the 2 Snack credits would be good for us, we like to get water and the occasical popcorn while in the parks!

You're welcome! I can definitely see how that could happen, if I left it up to my DF we'd eat at the same places all the time. He laughs at me for reading so many Dining Reviews but it really does help you pick out new places to try. He's always like, are you looking at pictures of Disney food again?!

I love the 2 snacks too!

if my Df had his way we would only ever eat at Turf Club, which is amazing and LeCellier...My DF gives me a hard time about the amount of time I spend on the boards, but I like to see what people think about places they have eaten and expierences!

Good evening everyone from snowy akron, ohio. Even though the snow is beautiful I got some good news today and some bad news today from my mother....I am goin to start with the positive first......the shoes I want to wear with my dress came in today....

shoesn.gif

so excited and they match the sash of my dress!

now on to the bad news, well its not really terrible but it does upset me greatly...one of my aunts will not be attending my wedding. My cousins wife just found out shes pregnant and due on the same day as our wedding :(

lol, yes if my fiance had his choice it would be filet mignon every night....which it pretty much is at Disney, hence his love of the DxDP!

The shoes are so pretty! And that's great that it will match your dress!

I'm sorry to hear your Aunt can't make it to the wedding, maybe your cousin's wife will have the baby early or late, I don't really know anyone that has had their baby on the actual due date unless it is C-section...couldn't you save a spot for her and then it would be a game time decision? I'm thinking she is just trying to be considerate and not have you pay for an empty spot.

First off thanks for the compliment on the shoes, i just can't do heels, one i would be taller than DF and two my feet would kill!

If my aunt lived locally that would be an option, but since she lives in Louisiana i dobut she is even going to book travel. there is a lot more to this story my mom isn't telling me so heres to hoping she has it early, but i am not goin to hold my breath.

I definitely hear you on the shoes... my feet almost always hurt me in dress shoes...but for some reason I'm always drawn to really high heels! I'm going to try to be better about my wedding shoes...but I'm pretty short so I need a little, boost.

I didn't realize she wasn't local, I can definitely see why she wouldn't want to book travel arrangements not knowing what is going to happen. Try not to let it bother you, I know that's difficult and it's disappointing, but in the end it will work out.

I know everything will work itself out, but I just feel so cheated ya know? everyone always seems to miss my events! I hate it, what i really hate is when we are at the church my side will be empty and DF's will be overflowing...

DF and I talked about postponing tonight. I was so upset, but once we thought it threw it would never work, we already have so much printed

I'm so sorry you're going through this and that it seems to be something that has happened before with important events, they're the ones that are missing out. The day is all about you and your DF and even if no one is there to see it, it will still be wonderful because it will be about the two of you. I'm sure on that day, you'll be so happy and excited, you'll hardly notice who isn't there, and you'll have so much fun celebrating with the people who are there.

If it makes you feel better, my Uncle isn't attending my wedding because it's hot in Florida in August...and no, he doesn't have any sort of medical condition that is aggravated by the heat. DF's brother and SIL have also been trying to get pregnant and if she does there's a good chance they will miss our wedding... which could cause a bit of a problem since he is the best man, but what can you do? People have to make their decisions and we have to make ours.

We have some general updates to do today. Df and I just got back from California! We went out there for my cousins wedding and of course we went to Disneyland. I am uploading some beautiful pics now!

I only have a few updates, my fmil finally decided on a date for my cleveland area shower! woo hoo its goin to be in MAY!!!!!!!!! sooo excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter