Gina & Kevin's at Home Wedding and Disneymoon 7-24-2010 Save the dates are out !

well good evening everyone I know it has been a long time, but things have gotten a bit busy in my neck of the woods. I went and picked up my dress two weeks ago and it fits perfectly and I am sooo happy with it. It currently is residing in my livingroom closet. My df has promised he wouldn't look and so far I don't believe he has and that is super!

I have also started a fitness program and have already lost 5 pounds and I am super excited!

wedding plans are kind of at a stall right now, I need to get through some things this summer before a lot of stuff is definite. We have an idea on a photographer and that is a relief and I think when we get back from disney in july we are going to put the deposit down if not sooner.

DF has also decided that he wants to add another week onto our honeymoon and i gladly obliged...we are goin to spend five days at disney and then off to a 8 day cruise on a carnival ship....the best thing about it is that DF's dad won a 1200 dollar gift certifcate for carnival. Woo HOo...

Thats all i have for tonight!

so here is the deal we have decided on our honeymoon change as noted before with disney for a few days and then onto a cruise! Here are the tentative Disney plans and booked cruise plans!

July26-31 SSR 2 bedroom!
July 31- Aug 7 Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise !

Like my main titile states lots has changed since I have been on here. I am a terrible PJ writer and haven't had anytime to really sit down and work on my Pj. I decided that since I have two days off in a row I would sit down and really work on things.

First off nothing really big has changed DF and I are still together and very happy. We are back from our Anniversary trip and believe it or not we are heading back down next wednesday for a long weekend, with that being said, here are some of the updates....

I am not sure if I had mentioned this or not, but its has been a real hassle getting my mom to get excited about this wedding. She can only deal with one thing at a time and until recently she has been spending all of her time dealing with my cousin Beth's wedding, which thankfully is finally over, I will get to more of that later....My mom did come to visit a couple of weeks ago and I was very excited about her coming because I wanted her to meet with our coordinator Jill at our reception site and actually see it. She had never seen it and I could tell that she was nervous about going. When we got there I was a little nervous, we orginally were goin there for dinner, we usually go every fri and it was just nice that this week my mom could go with us. Well i knew instantly when driving up what my mom was thinking, she was a bit confused due to the horse theme at a golf course, but when I explained to her that it used to be a horse farm she understood...then we went inside...we went into the reception hall and luckily for me it was already set up for a wedding :) I wish I could have gotten a pic of my mom's face, she was totally sold. I was also thoroughly pumped that the wedding that was set up had chair covers, she was amazed and is now talking about putting them in the budget woooooo hoooo!:cool1:

possible table, but in red

table.jpg

I talked to my mom again last night and it seems that she is really on board and really wants to help us with our wedding, I mean she had already agreed to pay for the reception, minus the alchol and now she is talking about paying for the favors and the cake! I am super excited...its goin to help soo much!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

It has been about two months since I have updated this crazy PJ. I am terrible at this, but I figure its something to keep me busy with the lull in my planning. All of the big aspects of our wedding are complete, now we just need to move on to the little things.

The floral drama has also been concluded as well. I decided about a month ago that I had to move on from my friends company and the idea that they were ever going to get back together and I found a wonderful woman who does floral out of her home, I scheduled a consultation with her and out we went. We are all booked and boy am I glad to not have to worry about floral!

So its Monday afternoon, I am off work and I have decided to sit down and work a little on the wedding today. There is not a lot I can do like I said before,we have our DJ booked, Cake Booked, photography booked, florist booked and have had both the ceremony location and reception location booked. Now its on to the little stuff.....Favors, favor tags amongst other little things,

decorate2.jpg

these are our ideas for the adult guests, mini champagne bottles with personalized labels and black and red ribbons around the top!

Good Evening everyone! I am all over the place with this planning journal yes I know. I have realized how hard it is to put things together when you have all of the big stuff done already. Today, however I went in search of a hair salon to get my hair done for the big day. With the recommendation of a friend I went to visit a local salon and absoutly fell in love with the place. I talked to the owner and a stylist and I have decided that I am goin to give them a try with hair cut and color in the next couple of weeks. We shall see how it goes!

Attention Lurkers...I know your out there! Please let me know what you think and what you want to see pics of!

Life once again has gotten in the way and I have neglected my PJ. I am so bad at this. Since I have been with you last I actually have gotten a lot accomplished. we booked the cakes, yes that is right you heard me say cakes. We are having a large wedding and we decided that it would be best to have a brides cake and a grooms cake. DF was not convinced of this however. We had three appointments with cake shops, one he chose, one i chose and a toss up.
We went to the cake shop he chose first and all I can say is that I was not impressed, i looked like the shop was in an extended garage. As most of you know, we are doing simple disney touches in our wedding and when we asked them, if they would do the swiss dots like a mickey head they said absoutly not, so this place was a definite no for me. Their prices were not that great either and we didn't even do the tasting there they sent us home with three cakes, a nice gesture, but not what I was looking for.

The toss up cake shop was next. neither one of us knew what to think. It too is a small family run business and I was excited to see what they had to offer. the appointment did not start out well as they informed us they were short of staff and didn't get to pull our cake out of the fridge until about ten minutes before we got there. i do not like cold cake and frosting, but oh well. I was not really pulling for this place, it was however the toss up. We tried the cakes, my DF hates frosting so i new just by looking at the frosting he was not going to like it. i however loved the frosting. it was sooo yummy, but not as good as the actual cake, I don't remember all of the flavors we picked for thist tasting but I do remember the chocolate peanut butter and the raspberry were absoutly my favorite. My DF loved the same fillings as I did. It seemed like we waited forever for the owner to come out to talk to us about our cake, but when she did, boy was it worth it.

The owner Barbara finally came out, and we began talking, I told her about my vision and how many people we would be having at the wedding. I by no means wanted a huge cake, I wanted to do a smaller sized caked with a few supplemental cakes in the back. Barb told me that I wanted to make sure that I didn't go to small so the guests wouldn't get worried. I agreed she was right and we went right into the disney question. she suggested right off the bat the swiss dot theory. My face must have lit up like a christmas tree I was so excited and I decided that this shop is definatly a contender. My Df didn't seem to convinced, until we started talking about grooms cakes. She told us they were big into doing shaped cakes, kind of like the ones you would see on Ace of Cakes, this immedialty got my DF's attention as he loves that show and actually wanted to see if they would do a cake for us, but we then determined Duff just wasn't in our budget.
For those who don't know, my DF works for Best Buy as a Geek Squad Covert Agent. Its a new position they are developing where he does work from home on people's computers. DF piped up and asked her if she could do a VW bug as a shaped cake. She immediatly went and got a book where she had actually done one before. Df was intrigued, but wanted to know if she could do a 3D fully stand up version for his grooms cake! I was so excited that DF had finally come around to the idea of a grooms cake!!!! Barb said she could definatly do it, but if he wanted the geek squad logos he would have to get her permission to use them. He knew that was no problem. We thanked barb for her time and let her know we would get back to her with out decision in the next few weeks. My mind was already made up and it looked as if DF's mind was made up as well!

Who would have thought our toss up cake location was goin to be the winner, surely not I, but we did call her back after a week or so of thinking about it and told her that we wanted her to do our cake. DF even got a letter mailed to her with permission to use all of the geek squad logos! WOOO HOOO!

Merry Christmas to everyone! I got my best present today! We got our honeymoon dream reservation with DVC today! We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for a week before our cruise! Woo HOO

I think it's so awesome that your DF proposed on a rollercoaster. That is so cool and I'm glad he didn't accidentally drop the ring! I actually get Cedar Fair season passes every year and go to Cedar Point all the time. I can't wait to hear more of your plans. :)

Thx so much for joining in! Where in oh are you? I worked at cedar point for years! Dis u start a pj yet?

I live in Akron... it's like 1 1/2 hours away from Cedar Point. We go to Kings Island only like twice a year because I get so bored driving all the way to Cincinatti lol. I haven't started a PJ yet, but I probably will at work tomorrow. I'm quickly getting obsessed with disboards haha.

Oh my goodness I don't live to far from you! I live in stow which is about 10 mins outside of Akron. If u need any good vendors please feel free to ask! I think I have met with almost every wedding vendor in Akron!

Wow. It's so random that we live so close. My wedding is going to be at St. Bernard in Akron and the reception at Todaros in the valley. That's basically all I've planned... I don't have anything else yet. I'm still in school so I wanted to get a lot done over break, but I've been so lazy. I reeeally need to find a photographer and DJ like asap though.

I have a great photographer! It's a mother daughter team out of Warren when I get home I can pm you the info. I also have a fantastic florist who is amazing and super reasonable ! Let me know what you need and I can send it your way when I get home feo
work tonight! I had most of my stuff planned And deposits paid this past summer! When is your date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter