Gifting a DVC to our adult son/daughter-in-law question

This brought back a memory of a gift I received on Xmas Eve one time from hubby when I was young and feelings were much more fragile. I fought back tears because although the gift was given to me, it was essentially for him. He stayed quiet and let me suffer in silence.

Next morning there was a tiny package hanging on the tree. Jewelry. What a wife might expect and cherish. But the bad feeling from the previous night has never left.

Ouch!

This brought back a memory of a gift I received on Xmas Eve one time from hubby when I was young and feelings were much more fragile. I fought back tears because although the gift was given to me, it was essentially for him. He stayed quiet and let me suffer in silence.

Next morning there was a tiny package hanging on the tree. Jewelry. What a wife might expect and cherish. But the bad feeling from the previous night has never left.
I taught my daughter that boys are stupid and girls are weird. Girls are weird because boys are stupid. I hope you are able to let go of your hurt feelings. Sometimes memories can impact us in ways that we can't foresee.

THIS..... no one want to think the worst. BUT it is property . Bankruptcy , divorce, foreclosure can happen with your grand kids or that crazy daughter in law.

This is true and we considered it. My DIL already signed off on it legally to not claim against my sons share in worst case situation.

And, we will do the same for any future spouses of my daughters.

We consulted about bankruptcy too. But we do also own some contracts that are just DH and I as well.

In the end, we felt confident with it all to take the chance, knowing especially where our adult children are in their lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter