Gift idea for someone who has everything?

cmlnkb

Mouseketeer
Need an idea for a woman who has and abundance of everything and is extremely hard to buy for. She has no hobby or collections and she dislikes gift cards. I struggle with her every year. Help, my budget is around $50-$75.

Something food related like high end chocolates or jams or wine/liquor

more of what she already has. Like if she wears pandora bracelets buy her a charm. If she wears scarves get her one she might like at a store she might shop in. If she has a Christmas tree can get one mid-range ornament or a few less expensive ones

a pampering experience like manicure, pedicure, massage

an offbeat experience like axe throwing, cooking course, escape room

Something nostalgic like create a photo album or give her a voucher from a place that archives/digitizes photos

if she goes to Disney you can always get her a magic band or packaged food or something of the like that’s easy to use and doesn’t take a lot of space

It's a little hard to know from the description, but I am that person. There is really nothing I want in the way of stuff. For me - alcohol works; if it is a friend, going out for a casual lunch and chatting works; personally, a donation to one of my favorite charities works too. Chocolate is good, jelly would probably go in the trash.

Does she use a certain hair salon? You could prepay some hair cuts for her.

Me, I won't allow myself the anxiety.
ASK her for ideas!

I used to be the most shy backwards person,but over the years I've gotten better, and this statement is totally me this year. I decided I wasn't letting it get the better of me this time. For me, this scenario is my inlaws, and I just dropped a text asking if they had any wishes, with a blushing emoji :) Most of them gave a few vague suggestions but it was at least something to run with!

I would suggest an Ugg blanket. DH got me one last year and it's the BEST Sunday afternoon nap blanket ever. And it was perfect for DD's fall softball games that got really cold. It's the most fought over throw/blanket in our house!

Sounds like my mother - here are some things I've done that she REALLY liked:

1. Sent her lunch via door dash (this was during quarantine when she couldn't get out)
2. Picture calendar of family or pets or whatever she likes
3. Pay for a couple months of Netflix or some other streaming service
4. fruit basket with pears and other goodies
5. Got videos of all of her grandkids singing the same song and had them edited them together into a single video

When my Dad was still alive, I donated a flock of chickens through Heifer International in his name. He initially thought I was sending HIM chickens and was absolutely furious, but once we got that cleared up he loved the idea.

I am that woman and I don’t drink and - although I love chocolate - I’m a plain Hersey bar kinda person…so fancy food will just go to waste. My favorite gifts from my daughter have been nice sheerling lined slippers (LLBean) and a lockable small safe for important papers.

A set of expensive gourmet finishing salts (unless the receiver has high blood pressure). Even if she doesn't cook, they can finish dishes in such different taste ways, and they are fun (and if all else fails, they can rim Margarita glasses for a party:))...

And it sounds like my dad. My mom passed a few years ago and he is no longer easy to shop for. I like these ideas. I am thinking a Nest thermostat he can control with is phone, and a gift card for Netflix. I already got him some PJ's and a tool he put in my cart one day when we were shopping together. I think I will look into the picture calendar too. Thanks for the ideas.
Kathi

1. Sent her lunch via door dash (this was during quarantine when she couldn't get out)
5. Got videos of all of her grandkids singing the same song and had them edited them together into a single video

When my Dad was still alive, I donated a flock of chickens through Heifer International in his name. He initially thought I was sending HIM chickens and was absolutely furious, but once we got that cleared up he loved the idea.

For me - alcohol works
Just be sure the person drinks! One kind family member gives me wine every year -- I hate wine.
An experience of some sort is always good especially if it’s an older person who doesn’t get out much - concert tickets, theater etc.
Maybe magazine subscriptions or food basket or something like edible arrangements?
Bouncing off this idea: Tickets to a museum, a movie, an escape room, a cooking class. AutoBell sells ticket-books with car wash coupons.
Edible arrangements are great.
I would suggest an Ugg blanket. DH got me one last year and it's the BEST Sunday afternoon nap blanket ever. And it was perfect for DD's fall softball games that got really cold. It's the most fought over throw/blanket in our house!
Well now I want one!

Those are all nice ideas! My oldest has given us gift cards for Netflix, etc. a couple times, and we love it.

How about consumable goods? Nice lotions, a roll of stamps, fancy paper plates/matching napkins. I once received a shipment of frozen meats as a gift -- it was great; the giver wisely told us about it at Christmas and scheduled it for several weeks later (so we could be sure to have the freezer space available.

I once received a shipment of frozen meats as a gift -- it was great; the giver wisely told us about it at Christmas and scheduled it for several weeks later (so we could be sure to have the freezer space available.

My inlaws gave us meat last year for Christmas. It was great. They bought it from a high quality local butcher shop and it came packed in nice boxes. We froze it and were able to have several meals out of it.

Just be sure the person drinks! One kind family member gives me wine every year -- I hate wine.
Do you ever have people over for dinner to serve it to?

That is the obvious problem with this thread - so many of the suggestions I would definitely NOT want! It would be a true waste of money. I am very particular about my slippers and only buy one specific kind, don't need another blanket, gourmet finishing salts would never be used, etc. This is why I used to dread buying holiday gifts, it caused me so much anxiety that I just stopped. What is the point of giving someone a gift they don't want?

Maybe overpriced fruit or an overpriced fruit, cheese, goodies gift basket from Harry and David. That's my go to for situations like this and that has been a go to gift for me for years. Your price point is perfect.

I've recently moved from the overpriced fruit and gift baskets to skipping the gift exchange all together though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter