Gift card designs now only 3!

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Apparently Disney has struck a deal with a new company to provide all their gift cards and as a result for the time being only 3 designs are available. I can only assume more will come later.

Hopefully. I love the different ones they would have. I even found one with Meg once for my older DD (so hard to find her ). What a bummer if this is all they will have...

Oh wow, I just took a look for myself. :scared: They had so many nice designs, and I guess I luckily JUST ordered that one Princess design that had 5 of the princesses drawn so nicely. I got it just last week (using it for my upcoming WDW trip, so I got a physical card). I hope they carry some fancier ones and more variety soon. Half of the fun was picking out whichever design you wanted. Only having 3 would get boring VERY fast. :(

My mom's former boss gave us the below Disney gift card design for our wedding back in 2017. My wife likes it so much that she has been loading the balance of every Disney gift card we have gotten since onto it. She gets some nice compliments from Cast Members.

disney-wedding-registry-gift-card-store.jpg

My mom's former boss gave us the below Disney gift card design for our wedding back in 2017. My wife likes it so much that she has been loading the balance of every Disney gift card we have gotten since onto it. She gets some nice compliments from Cast Members.

disney-wedding-registry-gift-card-store.jpg

Oh well, maybe they will eventually introduce more selections? It was kind of fun when buying one to look through all the choices but I guess only having three is more efficient (and probably more cost effective for them) and isn't the end of the world.

Disney is not making any money of off these gift cards. You are buying one and then getting that exact amount right back. They cost to produce and mail, therefore no margin of profit. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't reappear with new, different designs and a extra charge is placed on each one you order.

Disney is not making any money of off these gift cards. You are buying one and then getting that exact amount right back. They cost to produce and mail, therefore no margin of profit. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't reappear with new, different designs and a extra charge is placed on each one you order.

Companies actually make a lot of money on gift cards in several ways. One, they get the money right up front. Inflation generally lessens the dollar's value over time. Now, that's not a big deal for a card over a few months, but we're talking billions of dollars one the whole. It adds up surprisingly fast. Your money now is worth more than your money in a couple of months.

Another huge pot is lost or never used cards. Again, this is a small percentage overall, but it adds up over the millions of cards out there. Some cards just get tossed when they have what the owner deems is a small amount left--a few cents or even a few dollars.

It all adds up.

Yecch... I have several gift card designs I cherish, and have actually framed one (yes, I took any balances off ).
So, for now, anyhow, themed giftcards have gone the way of Disney Dollars, I guess. <sigh>
I'm already a little bummed by the ticket to MNSSHP being a generic parks ticket. With the number they sell, you'd think they might have some halloween designs. More of the little things gone missing...

Companies actually make a lot of money on gift cards in several ways. One, they get the money right up front. Inflation generally lessens the dollar's value over time. Now, that's not a big deal for a card over a few months, but we're talking billions of dollars one the whole. It adds up surprisingly fast. Your money now is worth more than your money in a couple of months.

Another huge pot is lost or never used cards. Again, this is a small percentage overall, but it adds up over the millions of cards out there. Some cards just get tossed when they have what the owner deems is a small amount left--a few cents or even a few dollars.

It all adds up.

I agree. The company I work for is always pushing GC sales and adding promotions with GC purchases just for these reasons. SO much money is still left on the table unused. It definitely adds up.

People sell empty gift cards on ebay. I was really disappointed that they don't have Star Wars. I was going to load one for our day at Galaxys Edge. I reserved 2 spots for Savi's. Oh well, first world problems.

People sell empty gift cards on ebay. I was really disappointed that they don't have Star Wars. I was going to load one for our day at Galaxys Edge. I reserved 2 spots for Savi's. Oh well, first world problems.
They did have a special SWGE gift card.

Every time I have used the batuu gift card, a few cm gather and ask questions. Definitely get attention.

Can’t keep it in my phone wallet cc slot as it falls our. Good thing it has some weight. It makes aloud ding hitting the pavement

I still have one from years ago where you could upload your own picture for the card, it's EE before the Rivers of Light seating was built. Guess I'll need to hold on to it now.
I checked about a week ago for and the CM said they still only have limited cards.

I am giving a gift card to family. Do they need a code to use the gift card? Or just having it, they can be used?

I am giving a gift card to family. Do they need a code to use the gift card? Or just having it, they can be used?
Meaning you bought a Disney Gift card from a retail location? No code needed for that. They just present the card at whatever Disney establishment and the CM will swipe it. Or if they use it for an online purchase they use the numbers on the back of the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter