Gift Card confusion....

mandylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
If you have a Disney gc, can you use it in the onboard shops? Or do you have to apply them to your account? My niece will have a gc on the cruise we are taking her on and I just want to make sure before she thinks she can spend it in the shop.

Thanks!!

If you're gold or above, I'd recommend putting the gift card toward your onbaord account at guest services and then use your KTTW card at the shops rather than using a gift card at the shops directly. That way you get the discount % off on a lot of the stuff you buy in the shops. If you just use a gift card at the shops, not sure they'll know your gold or above and give you the discount that comes with your status on your KTTW card.

If you're gold or above, I'd recommend putting the gift card toward your onbaord account at guest services and then use your KTTW card at the shops rather than using a gift card at the shops directly. That way you get the discount % off on a lot of the stuff you buy in the shops. If you just use a gift card at the shops, not sure they'll know your gold or above and give you the discount that comes with your status on your KTTW card.

Good idea!! Yes, I am gold and did not even think about that.

Just be warned sometimes the processing system is offline for gift cards

I will second this. It happened the first time DD tried to purchase something in a shop. I just told her to charge it on her KTTW card and applied her gift card to our room account. She had to make a mental note of her personal balance, but it wasn't an issue with her. Some kids might take advantage of that, I guess. My impression from the CM was that that tends to happen more in the non-main shops. In this case, it was the little shop with mostly Star Wars stuff near Crown and Fin on the Wonder.

Don't know what cruise the OP is on, but even though you can use gift cards in the shops onboard, you cannot use them in the shops on Castaway Cay.

They can apply the discount even if you don't charge the purchase back to your stateroom account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter