Gideon’s SOS

RG3

Earning My Ears
My BF and I stopped at Gideon’s (his first WDW trip, my first time at Gideon’s!) today (Wed) before our flight home to pick up some cookies for a family gathering on Sunday.

Should I leave the cookies a) out on the countertop until then b) in the fridge or c) immediately freeze?
I looked at their website, and there is no answer to the “serving three days from now” question.
THANKS! Just got home and don’t want to ruin these cookies—-it was a mad good chase to get them!

My BF and I stopped at Gideon’s (his first WDW trip, my first time at Gideon’s!) today (Wed) before our flight home to pick up some cookies for a family gathering on Sunday.

Should I leave the cookies a) out on the countertop until then b) in the fridge or c) immediately freeze?
I looked at their website, and there is no answer to the “serving three days from now” question.
THANKS! Just got home and don’t want to ruin these cookies—-it was a mad good chase to get them!
Oops, I meant mad GOOSE chase :)

Fridge will be fine, take them out a few hours before eating.

Reactions: RG3

As a hobby baker, I’ve learned that the fridge dries baked goods out quickly. Absolute best is to heat seal and freeze- they will last a long time and taste like you just bought them. When you take them out of the freezer let them completely unthaw before opening their container to avoid condensation 😊 hope that helps!

As a hobby baker, I’ve learned that the fridge dries baked goods out quickly. Absolute best is to heat seal and freeze- they will last a long time and taste like you just bought them. When you take them out of the freezer let them completely unthaw before opening their container to avoid condensation 😊 hope that helps!
Thank you! What does heat seal mean, Saran Wrap? And, do I thaw them on the counter w the Saran Wrap on?

this is so helpful! I’ve never spent so much on cookies, but I think my family who couldn’t make it to Disney will really get a kick out of it 💗

We just did this last week. Put them in fridge, carried some home three days later, ate the next day. They are so dense that they weren't dried out in the least, based on the one I ate at Disney. It was well worth the hassle!

Thank you! What does heat seal mean, Saran Wrap? And, do I thaw them on the counter w the Saran Wrap on?

this is so helpful! I’ve never spent so much on cookies, but I think my family who couldn’t make it to Disney will really get a kick out of it 💗
They're talking about vacuum sealing them, not saran wrap. Like a a vacuum sealer you would use for meat before freezing. (if you have one)

You could put them in an airtight container with a slice of bread. Old trick that keeps cookies fresh.

We've purchased similar cookies in bulk from one of those "big cookie" companies like LeVain or Gideons. If you don't eat within the first day or so, package them in an air-tight bag or container and put them in the freezer.

Take them out on Sunday, and once thawed, bake em at 350 for like 12 minutes. Should be hot on the outside, and gooey on the inside. You could even put a small aluminum pan with a bit of water in with it to bring the moisture back up.

You’d use a regular kitchen heat sealer- so it’s airtight. Then put them in a Tupperware container. When you take them out we always do it the day before- don’t open the container though- just set it on the counter and let it unthaw for a day before you open the lid to get them out :)

Yep, same. Took out of box and into ziplock. Forgot that part. :)

We bought ours on a Thursday put them right into a ziplock and my husband brought them to his office on Monday for his co-workers and they raved about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!