GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

heatherlynn444

DIS Veteran
So I am married, and we are back from our disneymoon of 7 night in a honeymoon room, RPC at the Grand Floridian. Now, before we begin, a little background information:

CAST
Me: 21 year old Disney fanatic, haven’t been since my family went summer 2003 RPC GF in a 2 bedroom suite, and fell in love with the GF. Obsessive planner, must be in control at all times and wants this trip to be perfect

DH: aka “sickly” (you will see why later…) 23 year old law student, has never been to Disney, and makes comments such as: “so, is it just like, a big six flags?” he also never shows any kind of emotion (men) so I was anxious to see how he would react to Disney. He laughed a lot at me when I started planning our honeymoon last February…

***I hope you don’t mind, but at the end of the trip report, or maybe somewhere in between, I am going to do a small wedding recap with pics, even though it wasn’t a Disney wedding…it was just so beautiful and eventful!***

ok, so moving on.

DAY ONE- Sunday, January 7th
Because I am a crazy person, I set my very obnoxious alarm to go off at 6:30 AM. What was I thinking! Our wedding reception had ended around 11 PM and the limo didn’t drop us off at the hotel until 11:30-11:45. Least to say, we were exhausted. So after only a few hours of sleep, we were up again. I looked out the window and it was that overcast misting rain. Ew. It was going to be a long drive. Poor sickly made about 5 trips to the car to pack up everything sicne I didn’t want to leave anything in the car overnight. Not the brightest idea to do in New Orleans. The front desk agreed to let us leave my wedding dress and sickly’s tux at the front and my parents were going to pick them up for us. So after a tearful (not really) depart with my dress, we were off by about 8:30.
I was only awake about 30 minutes, could barely hold my eyes open, and fell asleep for at least an hour and a half, maybe two hours. I felt bad about it, but the sleepiness was stronger than I, and it won. The trip down was long, but we were excited and had a lot to talk about so it wasn’t excruciating. Amazingly, we only stopped twice, yes folks, twice, on our 9 and ½ hour journey to Orlando. I got a little antsy toward the end of the trip, b/c I have this overwhelming need to be on time wherever I go. We had 7:50 dinner reservations at Park Fare, and I was determined to make it.

After what seemed like an eternity, we pulled up to the GF gate. The man was very nice, and we informed him we were “Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery” which was very weird for me, and still is! He let us in and a concierge lady named Michelle was waiting for us outside. She brought us up to the concierge floor, and sickly was pretty speechless as we walked through the lobby. We get to the third floor where we meet Joe. Let me just say Joe is great and pretty darn funny. Being the control freak I am, I told him of our dinner reservations and how we had to make them. It was now 7:30 PM.

We sit down and I explain it is Sickly’s first visit, and Joe gives him a “1st visit” button aw how sweet. Joes starts typing some things into the computer and I wait in hige anticipation. I had requested a turret room, but it being so late at night to check in, I figured I had no chance. I didn’t even care if it had an MK view, I just wanted one! But I tried not to get my hopes up. Joes then announced that he saw my request, and says “hhhmm….I’m not sure….uh oh…” and things like that. My bubble was burst. But I was determined not to get upset. Joe wouldn’t tell us the room number and said he wanted to surprise us, so I got a little hopeful again.

We get into the elevator and go up to the fifth floor. This is good news to me! We walk to the left down the hall and I look out the windows to my left and see cinderella’s castle. I thought “hoe cool to have a room where I could see that out the window!” We then stop at the first room on the left which has its own little mini-hallway. It is room 4021. I stop and think…I have read about this room! Joe opens the door and we go in. IT’S A TURRET ROOM! He goes to one of the huge windows where the curtains were drawn, pulls back the drapes and reveals Cinderella’s castle.

100_2261-1.jpg

the caslte is the purple thing in the upper left.

100_2255-1.jpg

100_2253-1.jpg

100_2256-1.jpg

It was magical! I was so happy I hugged Joe and thanked him profusely. This was going to be a great trip! We had no time to call for our luggage which was still at the valet with our car so we went in the grimy travel clothes we were in and went downstairs to dinner at 1900 Park fare.

UP NEXT: Park fare dinner, and MK extra magic hours, sickly’s first glimpse of Diseny Magic

i LOVE this TR so far. And i certainly dont mind if you show loads of photos from your wedding--- i, for one, cant wait to see them

That room is gorgeous-- about how much does that run a night?? Very very nice!! DH would love that (hes all for glitz and glam!)

Cant wait for more.. and I really cant wait to find out why you call him 'sickly'.

:hug:

I am so glad you started your TR! I second what Maggie said.. you definitely have to include pictures and detail from your wedding! I am glad you've included so many pics from the GF. DF and I are staying there for the first time during our disneymoon. I am so excited :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

I'm in the process of planning my own Disneymoon, and loved your first post! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! And I would love to see your wedding pictures too!

Maggimus-I am anxiously waiting for my photographer to post my professional pics. I have a few non-prof. pics I may sneak in my next installment! you will find out why he is called sickly on day 3 (tuesday)! the rooms are not cheap, but i dont remember the exact cost. we also had a AAA discount and since it was value season we said go for it, its a once in a lifetime thing! thanks for reading!

JJClemson- Thats great you will be staying at the GF! you will love it. what kind of room are you getting? I will def. post more GF pics, so stay tuned!

TLC371-thanks so much! I promise to put in some pics! it was a good old fashioned new orleans wedding, jazz band, carraige ride, and all!

next installment either tonight or early tomorrow!

Great TR so far! I'm interested to hear your review of 1900 Park Fare, that's one of our options for our reception dinner. Can't wait to hear about the wedding from that description!

The pictures of your room are wonderful. I'm glad you got the room you wanted. Congrats of your wedding Mrs. Montgomery. :)

I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding and of course hear all about your Disneymoon!!!!!!! I hate that for some unknown odd reason pics never show up at work, so I'll have to log on from home to see all the pictures as you post them :o)

Mrs. Montgomery!!! I just wanted to say I am really looking forward to your trip report. I am starting my honeymoon at the GF RPC in July. I requested a room on the 2nd floor - since I want the balcony. I can't wait to read more. :bride:

Wonderful start to your report & by all means give us the story on the wedding too - I can't wait to read about it! Congratulations!

Cute TR so far and I can't wait to see wedding pics! i remember seeing pics of the location and thinking it was amazing! Congrats!

Congratulations, Mrs. Montgomery!

I'm glad you had the turret room you wanted! It looks really nice. I for one can't wait to see some wedding pics! People in New Orleans really know how to have great weddings!

Healther, we had the same room when we were there for our wedding!!! Isn't that view just the absolute best??:cloud9: Not to mention, no one can top Joe!! He is so wonderful and funny.... :hug:

Congratulations on the wedding and the Disneymoon! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm loving your trip report :) Keep up the good work! I didn't think I liked the rooms at the GF, but yours was SO CUTE!!!!!

Day One Continued…..

We go into Park Fare and tell them our reservation and get a little buzzer. We went and sat outside in the little courtyard and I called my parents to tell them we had made it and how we got the room we wanted, I was so excited and they were excited for us, they love the GF as much as I do.:woohoo: The weather was perfect, probably in the upper 60’s and after about 5 min. our pager went off and we went to be seated.

Our table was the first one on the left as you walk in the door. I was so tired and hungry I didn’t care. The restaurant was very crowded and full of little princesses fresh from BBB. We made our rounds at the buffet and finally got to eat.

100_2246.jpg

Sickly loves to eat. I like to call him the human garbage disposal. He played football for 8 years so that may have something to do with it. And he said he ate more, then!

Remember, we are still in our travel clothes, and I have on no makeup, we look so pathetic and tired!:scared: Haha There was plenty of food and it was very good as usual, with lots of options and lots of desserts. Some people say the service here is very slow but our waitress was great and she came to our table 4 or 5 times and did our bill in a timely manner. We got to see Perla and suzy, Cinderella, and prince charming. The fairy godmother was in the hall but we skipped that. The characters made sure they went to each table, even the ones with big kids like us  the mice even came by twice. The only negative about this restaurant is parents let their small children go to the buffet alone and the run into people, spill food on the floor, on the counters, etc. and make it difficult to maneuver around the buffet line. Other than that, it was great!:thumbsup2

100_2249.jpg

We went back up to the room and called for our luggage. While we were waiting for it to come to the room, I started reading some of the info the concierge had given us. I started looking on the park hours page and I suddenly jumped up. I had forgotten that MK had extra magic hours until 11 that night!:woohoo: I look at the clock, it was 8:45 There was still time! We didn’t even want to waste time changing, so after we got our luggage, we took off, still in our travel clothes, for the monorail.

We get to the MK and get our EMH arm bands and take our first step onto main street. It was beautiful! The Christmas decorations and tree were still up! I was afraid we had missed it! The GF had already taken theirs down, but not the MK! There was Christmas music playing, and it was so nice! I pulled out my video camera and began recording.

100_2265.jpg

Riding mad hatter tea party at MK

There were hardly any people in the park! We walked onto mad tea party, mickey’s philharmagic (sp) and had a very short wait at haunted mansion and buzz lightyear’s spin. I really just wanted us to walk around and let sickly see everything, we would come back and ride more later. Sickly really liked mickey’s 3d show. I had actually never seen it before and was very impressed as well.

I didn’t take but one pic that night but we do have photo pass pics, I bought the CD so when that comes in I can add more.

We went back to the GF when the MK closed, and we walked around the resort in awe, just talking and enjoying the beauty! we set our wake up call for 8:00 with great anticipation for our first full day.

Day two……First full day, MGM, and why some people are just plain gross.:guilty:

Heatherlynn - How wonderful!! Congratulations again. I am loving your report - keep it coming! I hope for our 20th anniversary in 2008 I can have THAT room!:)

Angela - You had that same room??!! That must be THE best turret room, huh?? I love your new siggy pic, by the way!:)

Lives4Disney :goodvibes

sparkles9306- thanks! we love park fare for breakfast and dinner. one thing I didn't mention, it is starting to look a little on the "worn" side and could def. use a little work, but the food was good!

Grumpy's wife and tinkerbell's mom-thanks so much! I was so happy to get that room!

castlelight- i hope you get the kind of room you want. I thought I would miss having a balcony, but I didn't b/c we just opened the windows, or went and sat at a table in front of gaspirillas, either way you will love RPC!

dannirose, shovan, disneediva and tinkbride- thanks! I am starting to type out the wedding portion of my report so stay tuned!

cinderella fan- really? thats so cool! the view was so neat! and Joe was great and very helpful in a time of need as you will see later in the report..haha

SRUalmn-thanks! we loved that room, I am now spoiled and when I look out my bedroom window, i just see woods, no castle! :(

Aww...love the pictures, and I don't know what you are talking about, you are adorable and your husband is very handsome, even with you with no make up and you both wearing travel clothes!

Seeing the room you had at the GF really makes me wish we were staying onsite for our honeymoon in December! Darn FMIL for having an offsite timeshare she's letting us use for the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter