GF ? about concierge levels

lrab1126

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing
Hello ALl

Trying to make a decision between RPC AND SL concierge at GF. Currently have one at SL reserved with a lagoon view request, but may upgrade. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at them and what the differences are between them in terms of service, or room layouts...etc?? I have done a lot of searching online but have not found much that reallky details what the big differences are between them other than the obvious location differences.I am sure the benefits of each building are very diifferent just based on location. also, anyone have any room/floor recommendations in either building that i could try to request. The rates are pretty different between the 2 buildings so I am sure there has to be some big differences to justify the $$ difference. I am so excited to stay here so I really want to make sure its perfect.

Also, at what point can i begin using the concierge service for my pre-planning? Can I start emailing/calling once i make the deposit? Also...what does IPO mean? lol I see it a lot in threads and cannot for thje life of me figure it out.

THANKS !!!!

Hi lrab1126, We have stayed in the RPC quite a few times and have always had either room 4404 or 4403 which is a marina/castle view. There are only three of us so this standard room works just fine for us. It is a normal layout with 2 queen beds, a day bed and a small table with 2 chairs. The dressing area is just outside of the bathroom which is a plus. The food offerings which is located on the 4th floor has a really great selection and they also have wine and cordials at night. I don't think the SL has the wine and cordials but I am sure someone who has stayed in that building would be able to help you. We will be staying in the SL this April only because I booked to late and could not get the main building. You are also paying for the convenience of staying in the main building as well. The concierge staff is really great and once you make your deposit, you can start to utilize the staff either via email or phone. They answer the emails really fast. Here's a couple sites that can provide you with excellent information. http://www.allearsnet.com/ as well as this http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/grandflrooms.htm. There are a lot of DISer's that have stayed at the GF and you will get great information from them. Happy Planning.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much !! I am leaning to upgrade I think to the. My DH really wants to be as close as possible to the monorail since we will spend most of our time in MK and epcot this trip. I think I will try to request one of those 2 rooms you mentioned too...i really want a room with a nice view. CAn you see the fireworks at all from those rooms?

I will check out the FAQ board too.. totally forgot to look there :)

Your daughters are so cute!! Those rooms are dead center of the marina and the castle. You can see the fireworks but the ones over the castle are amazing. I get the chills everytime I talk about it. Can't wait to go back. I love the convenience of getting off the monorail and going to the elevator and going upstairs. The monorail access is on the second floor of the GF. If you don't put your key in the elevator pretty quickly it will send you down stairs. We laugh everytime. Simple things amuse us. LOL

I've try both SL and RPC, and would definitely choose RPC if for no other reason that if the weather is inclement you don't need to leave the main building for meals, shopping. and entertainment, plus the monorail is just outside your hotel room door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter