How and when do you get to the port

• Towncar to hotel near port that evening

• Stay at hotel near airport and towncar in morning

• Stay at hotel near airport and DCL transfer in morning

Results are only viewable after voting.

CACruiser

Mouseketeer
What would you do in this situation?
Your flight comes into Orlando airport at 6:20 PM. Your cruise leaves the next day.
How do you get to the port and when?

I'd get a Priceline hotel 3* near the airport. These all have free shuttles to/from MCO. I wouldn't go less than 3* because if you do, you may lose the free shuttle AND there is a disgusting La Quinta that is a 2.5 star. (for more info on Priceline bidding, check out www.biddingfortravel.com). A 3* Priceline hotel near MCO is typically $30-40 per night.

The next morning, I'd either take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and catch the DCL bus OR take a private limo from hotel to Port Canaveral. I'd decide which based on number of people travelling (the price break even point is 3 people), any special needs (do I want to pick up a case of soda or water on the way? Limo allows a 15 minute stop at a grocers/Wal-Mart, or whatever), and convenience.

I don't like getting in late the evening before, then waiting for luggage, and having an hour trip to the port area. I find it very easy to go the next morning, and plan to arrive at the port about 10:30 or 11. Never had trouble getting ressies or anything this way. Again, personal choice.....have fun.....

go to www.happylimo.com They are an excellent transfer company and will pick you at your hotel and take you right to the Disney terminal. If your group is large - they have a hummerzine that is a really good price if it prorated over 10-12 people.
Priceline is an excellent choice for a hotel near Orlando airport

Originally posted by CACruiser
What would you do in this situation?
Your flight comes into Orlando airport at 6:20 PM. Your cruise leaves the next day.
How do you get to the port and when?

You know, I've been longing to remark that for the 90% of people who need transport to the port and are accompanied by just people and luggage, the town cars are probably a good deal. BUT, where is the same convenient and affordable option for someone toting not only luggage but also electric legs of some type (wheelchair or scooter) and, maybe a service dog to boot? Why can't I get a grocery stop to buy dog food for Service Dog Cash? The only affordable transport I could find to a resort or port that could also accommodate me on my scooter was Mears.... or the Dis-bus, in the case of the port....Not so bad but they don't make grocery stops...What about from resort to port?

How am I going to feed poor Cash for the four days of cruising in May if I cannot get a grocery stop? Order a dog food basket from The Perfect Gift? Get a rental car? Only if I can train my scooter to disassemble itself and leap into it.... I am so out of ideas!...HEELLPP, Please...
:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Lynda....I have found one of the great advantages of these boards is the willingness of fellow travelers to lend a hand. Because we drive I have often picked up some items for my fellow cruisers who were flying and did not have a car to get to the store. I'd be will to bet that if you mention your need for a bag of dog food, someone who is already making a stop at the grocery store would be happy to pick up a bag of dog food for Cash. You could also bring a few days supply from home in you luggage to tide you over until you get your supply.

Videogal, if I were on your cruise I would be more than happy to pick up whatever you needed. I would bet there would be more people willing to hep than not.
Good Luck

You have two counters so I can't tell. We plan to be at Poly/Wonder at the end of April and would be happy to pick up food for Cash! Please let us know if we can help...

I voted for "Stay at hotel near airport and towncar in morning" mostly because you'll be getting into MCO late dinner. You may be hungry, tired, etc. from travel up to that point. Personally, I wouldn't want to hop in a car and drive or be driven for another hour or so. I'd be exhausted and end up miserable. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter