Getting to the parks for early entry access when staying off site Disney Hotel

Bellagirl

Earning My Ears
Was so excited to book our trip and finally return to Disney. I have airfare as well as hotel booked at Doubletree Disney Springs, so that we may take advantage of the early entry times/early rope drop each day. The last time we visited Disney was December 2019 right before Covid and truly had an incredible, magical time. We utilized Uber/Lyft during our last stay and had no problems with early drop offs. Was very excited about this upcoming trip until I started reading about not being able to get through parking lots early for drop off, not being able to walk from Contemporary (which we did last time) and others now walking from a gas station to get into HS. Can someone please help me with the specifics of what early transporation worked for others when staying offsite but have early entry access rope drop? I know the shuttle at Doubletree leaves later in the am so really do not want to utilize that. I have done some reading about using Uber and getting dropped off at Swan or Speedway and walk for HS. Not sure what to do about getting to Epcot. But most concern with getting to Magic Kingdom. If we get dropped off at TTC does monorail or buses start running early enough for us to get to park for early entry?? I really want to do the Contemporary again even if we had to do a mobile order but seems like it may or may not work. Please if anyone has recently taken advantage of early entry times while being an off site guest I would greatly appreciate your assistance is letting me know what options might work best. Thank You!

I don't have any answers but following bc I'm staying at the Hilton (palace I think) in DS in December so I'm wondering the same thing.

I really want to do the Contemporary again even if we had to do a mobile order but seems like it may or may not work.
Disney figured this scheme out and put a stop to it, you can't play the game at CR, Poly or GF. For MK you will need to go to TTC and take the monorail or boat over to MK. This is defiantly setup to favor Disney hotels, but those select hotels will have access and should be there in plenty of time if you take an Uber/Lyft over, shame that Doubletree has the benefit but not the transportation. :( Have you asked the Doubletree why they are not having buses early?

Disney figured this scheme out and put a stop to it, you can't play the game at CR, Poly or GF. For MK you will need to go to TTC and take the monorail or boat over to MK. This is defiantly setup to favor Disney hotels, but those select hotels will have access and should be there in plenty of time if you take an Uber/Lyft over, shame that Doubletree has the benefit but not the transportation. :( Have you asked the Doubletree why they are not having buses early?

I have not but I will have to definitely double check. I know the shuttle that is used goes to several different hotels so I am not sure how quick and reliable it would be even with the first bus pickup. Also, I am not sure why Disney would not allow people to be dropped off to utilize the mobile order? I understand I can take a monorail over to the Contemporary and get a mobile order but why will they not allow customers to drop off/walk up and get a mobile order?

@Bellagirl my understanding is they did it as the Uber/Lyft drops were overwhelming The Contemporary resort and impacting the guests of that hotel. The Uber/Lyft drop off area is at the TTC, not the resorts. By only allowing onsite resort guest to book a mobile order it took away that option and the abuse of the system. It was rolled out at the Poly & GF as well. This has been an ongoing game for several years; first people just getting dropped off at CR, then going to the Bay Lake towers, and when they reopened after the first and the mobile order option became available it was abused to. It's really nothing new, but Disney keeps closing those loopholes, they really want those using Uber/Lyft to go to TTC and only guests of CR or those with an ADR to Uber/Lyft into the resort.

Years ago the Hilton in DTD had to offer bus service in order to participate. I'm not sure if this is still the case. I don't know how early Disney starts running transportation from the TTC. You could take and Uber to TTC and walk to POLY. You could take Uber to a non-monorail Disney resort and take a Disney bus to the MK. POP and AoA have good bus service.

If you take an Uber to SSR wouldn't you be stopped at a guard station from entering since you do not have a reservation thus preventing you from access Disney bus? I had thought about doing this as well but not sure or is the key to "walking" over to the SSR and not Ubering?

If you take an Uber to SSR wouldn't you be stopped at a guard station from entering since you do not have a reservation thus preventing you from access Disney bus? I had thought about doing this as well but not sure or is the key to "walking" over to the SSR and not Ubering?
Yes, I wouldn't count on being allowed to Uber or drive yourself to any Disney resort. They do not want non-resort people parking there and then using Disney transportation. If you're driving from a non-Disney resort, you will have to drive to each park and park there (or TTC of course).

Walking to SSR is possible, though for some it's a long hike. Last fall SwanDolphin changed from Disney buses to Mears, and some opt to walk to YC/BC/BW instead, this really is only the case for MK/TTC though. But Disney has said that all Disney transportation is available and complimentary when your at Disney (link)... but they make it hard to access. No doubt this is partially to encourage onsite stays.

Since there is a walking path from SSR to DS I wouldn't think there is a check point.

We've stayed at Poly and walked to TTC to catch the EPCOT monorail. Don't know the distance in feet/miles, but I'd say it's 10 minutes from TTC to Poly main building at a moderate pace. If you're getting dropped off at TTC, though, why not just catch monorail or boat there and skip walk to Poly? Also, we're locals and went to MK last week. Parking lot was already open at 8:00 and we were on Main Street (via express monorail) at 8:20. We often eat lunch at QS at Contemporary or Grand Floridian; we just hop on the resort monorail at MK (or boat if going to GF) and ride over.

We've stayed at Poly and walked to TTC to catch the EPCOT monorail. Don't know the distance in feet/miles, but I'd say it's 10 minutes from TTC to Poly main building at a moderate pace. If you're getting dropped off at TTC, though, why not just catch monorail or boat there and skip walk to Poly? Also, we're locals and went to MK last week. Parking lot was already open at 8:00 and we were on Main Street (via express monorail) at 8:20. We often eat lunch at QS at Contemporary or Grand Floridian; we just hop on the resort monorail at MK (or boat if going to GF) and ride over.
Thank you for your insight. How were the crowds at TTC? Did you have to wait in large crowds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter