Getting to DLP with luggage.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I know there are options when we arrive a the airport for how to get to DLP. I know Disney offers bus service (for a fee) and I also know there is train service.

Considering we are showing up with luggage in tow, which is a better way to go? By train or bus? Like any other bus, the luggage gets stowed underneath. How doe sit work for the train?

Anyone also know the price difference?

Many thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Bus is 18 euro per person per one way. Takes 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. Goes once or twice per hour.

Train depends, but fares start from about 25 euro per person per one way. Takes 10 minutes. Schedule is irregular and not always convenient. You keep your luggage with you on the train.

If you have a lot of luggage/people with you consider a taxi service. I used Driving Blue, about 65 euro per one way. I think Supershuttle is also available in France.

I prefer train myself because it is quick and I am not impressed by the service of the (outsourced) bus company, I find the price of the train tickets ridiculous, but that's how it is in France.

However, I am coming from a European flight in the same time zone and I have been at the station often. If I was flying in overnight, from West to East to an unknown country, I would go with a taxi or shuttle service.

I would also recommend booking a private shuttle service/taxi especially if there are a few of you and you have luggage - they will meet you at the terminal where you arrive and drop you at your hotel.
Going by train or using the "Disney" Bus will require you to probably move from one terminal at the airport with your luggage and may require a wait. If you go by train you then have to get your luggage from the station to the hotel either by walking or by using the Disney buses (free).

Have a look at this site for some contact details but a lot of people recommend EzyShuttle or RS Transports

https://www.disboards.com/threads/travelling-to-dlp-by-plane.1004423/

When I've went to DLP before we've taken the train with a buggy and a full size suitcase. There's never a lot of room so end up standing in the corridor section before you go into the actual carriage. It's not ideal but for 10mins fine.

I'm an American who has been to DLP twice and my advice is don't write off getting a car. We rented a car the first time we went and the second time we took the TGV (fast train) and really wished we rented a car. People speak English at the car rental counters and I found them easier to find than the TGV station, CDG airport is a maze. It's no worse than driving in NJ and it may save you money. Rental cars are quite affordable in Europe as long as you can drive a stick-shift, if you need an automatic the prices double.

I'm an American who has been to DLP twice and my advice is don't write off getting a car. We rented a car the first time we went and the second time we took the TGV (fast train) and really wished we rented a car. People speak English at the car rental counters and I found them easier to find than the TGV station, CDG airport is a maze. It's no worse than driving in NJ and it may save you money. Rental cars are quite affordable in Europe as long as you can drive a stick-shift, if you need an automatic the prices double.

Sounds interesting. I would need large wheels as we are a large group (>4) so it may get expensive.... then there is the whole learning to drive on the "wrong" side of the road thing!

---Paul in Southern NJ

The Disney bus is 23 euro one way and the stop is easily accessible from the international terminal at CDG. There are signs everywhere from baggage claim and you can always ask - everyone speaks English.

As for traveling on the train, you will arrive at terminal which is located at the main gate of Disneyland...but you'll need to get your luggage to your hotel. There is a service at the train station that will deliver your bags to your hotel, but there's an extra fee involved. Or you carry them yourself. The walk can be quite a ways depending on where you're staying (Cheyenne and Santa Fee are a 20 minute walk - Sequoia about 15).

While the bus might not be ideal, it's an easy, tried and true, way to get to Disneyland without a lot of hassle i.e. no reservations are required...just buy your ticket at the booth and then board the bus. And you and your luggage be delivered directly to the resort's front door!

As for traveling on the train, you will arrive at terminal which is located at the main gate of Disneyland...but you'll need to get your luggage to your hotel. There is a service at the train station that will deliver your bags to your hotel, but there's an extra fee involved. Or you carry them yourself. The walk can be quite a ways depending on where you're staying (Cheyenne and Santa Fee are a 20 minute walk - Sequoia about 15).

You can take the hotel bus from just outside the train station to the hotel, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!