Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season (LONG)

I have not tried it personally since last June. But others here have. And I have not heard of this not working anymore. When things like this change someone invariably posts it to the forum. So I am quite confident it still works.

Cool. Thanks! :thanks:

oh oh I have an update.

Something new that happend the last 2 times I was there so I am assuming it is an update to the system

If you have a fast pass for a ride, but are past the 2 hour window, but not yet into the actual window of the fast pass you can not get another for that ride.

So if you have a SM fast pass that you got at noon and it has 8pm return time, you can get another fast pass at 2pm, but not another SM fast pass untill 8pm.

oh oh I have an update.

Something new that happend the last 2 times I was there so I am assuming it is an update to the system

If you have a fast pass for a ride, but are past the 2 hour window, but not yet into the actual window of the fast pass you can not get another for that ride.

So if you have a SM fast pass that you got at noon and it has 8pm return time, you can get another fast pass at 2pm, but not another SM fast pass untill 8pm.
I am not sure that is new. I believe that is how it has worked for several years if not forever. I tried this last year (June or Nov, can't remember) and confirmed what you reported above.

I noticed something on my FP a few trips ago (probably on March 9th) that I thought was a new change to the system. I noticed that all my FPs that day said I could get my next FP in 1-3/4 hours (I think-it was something like that), instead of 2. I figured it was because they expected to be busy that day. However, when I actually tried to get one on Screamin' at the time it said on the FP (let's say it said I could get one at 12:30 but my FP wasn't good until 1:00) it wouldn't let me get it until 1:00. I tried from 12:50 until 1:00. It wouldn't give me one until 1:00 which was the time of the FP window, but after the time on the FP said I could get a new one. I thought this was weird so when we left the park for the day I stopped off at Guest Services and showed them my FP refusals and asked them if they know why it wouldn't give them to me at the time it stated on the FP. She didn't know and asked if she could keep them to check into it (I didn't go to GS just for that, I was also turning in some tickets I found)

Now that I read what PP said, I realize that the original FP was also for Screamin' so that would fit into what he said. I couldn't get another one for Screamin' until that window had opened. So, maybe that explains it. Even though the original FP said I could get one sooner.

we have been told by CM at WDW that you can return anytime after the first time indecated up to park closeing .You might have wanted a meal or left the park and come back there is no problem ussing them (we have used fast passes 1 year after getting them :rotfl: DW held her head in shame)
Paulh

Is that true? So if we get a FP on Sunday we can use it the next day???

I had not heard of this... and I READ ALOT. Not all, I guess!

Can somebody confirm this?

I am not sure that is new. I believe that is how it has worked for several years if not forever. I tried this last year (June or Nov, can't remember) and confirmed what you reported above.

So two hours is the default time of waiting for another FP? If I get a Splash FP at 1:48 with a return time of 6:27 I can get a FP for another attraction 2 hours after the 1:48 time listing??? :banana: cool! Who knew!

So two hours is the default time of waiting for another FP? If I get a Splash FP at 1:48 with a return time of 6:27 I can get a FP for another attraction 2 hours after the 1:48 time listing??? :banana: cool! Who knew!
Yes, this statement is true. With the caveat that you cannot get another Splash FP until 6:27 but you can for anything else. And the caveat that DLR always rounds FP times to the nearest 5 minutes unlike some rides at WDW. :)

Is that true? So if we get a FP on Sunday we can use it the next day???

I had not heard of this... and I READ ALOT. Not all, I guess!

Can somebody confirm this?

Unlike the 2 hour default window that HydroGuy mentions above & is 100% confirmed (by all here).......the pick up FP one day & use it the next day strategy is one that is debated. Some will tell you they successfully do it.

My opinion & experience is that you could be turned away (if the CM looks at the date....he/she will turn you away). Happened to us at Indy (the ride had shut down the previous day for a couple hours & when i returned the next day with yesterday's FPs he very nicely indicated we couldn't use them....had to be the same day.) Others have had different experiences though.

Are there still some rides disc'd from the system at DLR? I know there were last time i was there years ago, you could basically get a fp to it even though your window wasn't open because it wasn't "plugged in" to the system. I havent been in the summer since I was a little kid and am scared about my first peak season visit in forever, anyone know if there are still some rides like this?

The original post says roger rabbit and Grizzly river run, is this still the case?

Are there still some rides disc'd from the system at DLR? I know there were last time i was there years ago, you could basically get a fp to it even though your window wasn't open because it wasn't "plugged in" to the system. I havent been in the summer since I was a little kid and am scared about my first peak season visit in forever, anyone know if there are still some rides like this?

Yes, Grizzly at DCA and Roger Rabbit at DL. For a little while this summer, Autopia and Big Thunder were disconnected, but last I heard they are back online. boo.

What a great thread! :thumbsup2

Couple of quick questions please (keeping in mind that we will be going to DLR for the first time in June 2009):

(1) Will the FPs still observe the min 1hr/max 2hr rule for getting another FP?
(2) Are the rides shown as disconnected (Roger Rabbit, Grizzly Rapids) still disconnected?

Thanks!

Couple of quick questions please (keeping in mind that we will be going to DLR for the first time in June 2009):

(2) Are the rides shown as disconnected (Roger Rabbit, Grizzly Rapids) still disconnected?

Thanks!

1) Yes (actually i think the min is 45 min, it's whenever the first FP is valid, or 2 hours)

2) Yes

Thanks!

There have been a lot of reports that GRR has been placed in the network sometime in mid January. We tested this on Saturday 1/31/09. GRR was on the network. Roger Rabbit was not.

n1163081210_30306652_1823.jpg

GRR fastpass was not operational on Thurs or Fri 1/29 & 1/30.

There have been a lot of reports that GRR has been placed in the network sometime in mid January. We tested this on Saturday 1/31/09. GRR was on the network. Roger Rabbit was not.

GRR fastpass was not operational on Thurs or Fri 1/29 & 1/30.
That will be a bummer if it continues. I have seen these reports as well. If it becomes permanent then I will update the OP. Thanks.

It should be pointed out that DLR does tinker with FP from time to time for whatever hidden reasons. And it has always reverted back after a short while. There have thus been no permanent FP changes at all for about the last four years. But DLR can change anything they want anytime they want. So we will need to keep getting reports to see if this becomes permanent.

One newer wrinkle in this plan is toy story mania. If you get to Soarin early they still don't start the ride that early so by the time you get out and walk to toy story that can complicate matters. In hindsight the thing to do there may be FP soarin and then do toy story and the other rides in the PP area. CA Screamin was slow to get a long line now with Toy Story but when toy story was down all the PP rides seemed heavier.

My memory is not that good. As related in another post on the RideMax software, I made up Excel spreadsheets with data for each ride. I made notes on my spreadsheet several times a day about what we had done when we got in a longer line or were waiting for a show.

Where can I find your post regarding RideMax? I plan on using it for my upcoming Thanksgiving trip. Thanks!

Jon C / DisneyDork69 on TWITTER!

Will this same strategy work without a fast pass runner?

My son and I will only have two days in the parks, President's Day and the following day. We plan to be on the move from open to close and want to see and do everything we can.

Thanks.

Will this same strategy work without a fast pass runner?

My son and I will only have two days in the parks, President's Day and the following day. We plan to be on the move from open to close and want to see and do everything we can.

Thanks.
Sure. I do FP running mostly because I can walk quickly and I want to save everyone else's energy in my family.

However, when I did the OP my kids were much smaller. Now they are all teens and saving their energy is not as big a deal. On recent trips sometimes my kids volunteer to get FPs and be a temporary runner. When I did my Tokyo trip with DS13 we always went together to get FPs - no runner.

subbing this thread so DH can come back & read it over. the whole concept of the FP just flew over my head. will we need them if we're traveling with a 3.5 yr old & 1.5 year old? i doubt we'll split up to go on rides w/o the kids. maybe i should have my parents drive up & pick the girls up a day early so DH & i can have a day to do disney alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter