getting the best airfare questions

drumflower

DIS Veteran
Okay I am trying to book a flight for a Feb. trip. I called ATA and they said I can book online without a agent fee, book over the phone for $5/ticket fee, or in person for a $10.00/ticket fee. They said if you book in person, they don't see the online rates. Now my question is if you don't book online, can you get better rates even with the agent fees? So what is the best way to get the best rates including the agent fees. What company do most of you do your business with? I am flying out of Chicago if that helps. I have always used al ocal travel agent and paid a $50.00 family fee . It would be great if I could get a better deal. Thanks!

Really can't answer your question. But my advice is find out what your flights are normally. Then decide what you want to pay. When you find that rate book it.

When we went to WDW tickets ran about $250 per person for our flights. I decieded I wanted to get them for under $200. When I found them at $198 I booked.

you didn't mention your dates your looking at but just peaked at ATA online and seeing flights on sunday travels for $181.95 with decent flight times, early morning out of chicago and afternoon flights ( 4-5pm ) flights out of mco....

I am looking for feb4, early morn. and Feb 12 anytime. I usually get rates 150.00 and under. I was hoping for a 100-125 rate. Or if I can fly out of South Bend for around 200 or less. I am seeing 185 rates out of South Bend but its travel before Jan. 30, so maybe I should wait a month or so?

If I'm not mistaken, ATA recently filed for bankruptcy protection. Hopefully, they will still be flying in Feb., but I personally would think twice before booking my plane tickets on a smaller airline under those circumstances.

My daughter's High School Band and Show Choir has booked with ATA, we were told ATA would be flying out of Midway for another year. I have a ticket with ATA that I need to exchange and I still came out cheaper booking with Southwest. It seems they have gone up in prices after the bankruptcy. Good Luck!

My daughter's High School Band and Show Choir has booked with ATA, we were told ATA would be flying out of Midway for another year.

Who told you that? I would monitor this situation very carefully if I were your Band leader. It sounds to me like ATA is planning to sell thier Midway operations to AirTran and AirTran probably isn't going to wait a year, but they may honor ATA tickets.

A customer rep. from the Group Sales of ATA. Our travel agent for the band also confirmed it. ATA itself may not the the airplane you would fly on, but it has to honor all of its pre- purchased tickets a year from the bankruptcy date. Air Trans is suppose to start taking over some of their flights. Living here in Chicago and being close to Midway, I hate to see ATA go. We have always flown them and found them to be one of the best airlines out there. We have NEVER been bumped off of a flight, NEVER been mysteriously delayed, and have had the UPMOST customer service ever! Yes it is worth monitoring the situation, as I stated before Southwest Airlines by far beat their fares this time. If you are flying out of Midway, Southwest is the best for now! Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter