Getting Ready to Pack

JenLoy

Mouseketeer
I'm starting to make the packing list for our trip and I was wondering if I should be leaning more towards Tanks and shorts or Jeans and Tees? I've read on the boards that it can get chilly at night. We leave Aug 26th. For our 10 day trip, I was thinking only 2 pairs of jeans. Is this enough? What do you usually wear to the parks this time of year?

I would bring a few pairs of jeans and light sweaters just in case. I did this anyway in early July when there was that huge heat wave! You just never know, and it's better to be prepared in case there is a cool night.

September is traditionally our hottest month - but I hope it isn't going to be anything like July was. It gets cool in the eve for us - if you're coming from a cooler area - you might not even need a jacket.

With that said - its all a crap shoot based on the odd rain pattern we had last year, the extreeme heat we had in July, and the winds we have had in August.

Layers - the best of both worlds.

JenDisneylandlver said:
I would bring a few pairs of jeans and light sweaters just in case. I did this anyway in early July when there was that huge heat wave! You just never know, and it's better to be prepared in case there is a cool night.

personally I would do away with the sweater and stick to just tshirts for the evening but I guess it depends on where you live..I dont think your going to need pants at all...I would mostly be packing tanks and shorts and maybe some short sleeve tshirts for the evening you know the kind that the sleeve is down to your elbow?..the lowest it probably will get is 65º and for me thats not cold at all

I agree, I think it depends on what kind of temps you're used to. We'll pack shorts, tanks and tees, and maybe a sweater/sweatshirt/fleece jacket. Even if it's warm there and never used, we usually want something lightweight but warm to wear on the plane and when we land back home. We're going in late September, which I thought would be a bit cooler than August, but I'm thinking I goofed on that. :sunny:

I always take a light sweater for the night time and 2 pairs of jeans. I only wear the jeans in the evening. I live in the dead heat here in AZ and I get cold very easily.

Alex2kMommy said:
I agree, I think it depends on what kind of temps you're used to. We'll pack shorts, tanks and tees, and maybe a sweater/sweatshirt/fleece jacket. Even if it's warm there and never used, we usually want something lightweight but warm to wear on the plane and when we land back home. We're going in late September, which I thought would be a bit cooler than August, but I'm thinking I goofed on that. :sunny:

Nope you did not goof! We went the last week of September 2 years in a row and we needed sweatshirts at night! Not pants, but I did need something with my shorts! We are going this year the 23-26 and I am bringing definitely bringing sweatshirts!

Andrea

Forgot to add that even though I live in Nevada where it's hot, I still wear shorts all winter and I am constantly hot. So the fact that even I needed a sweatshirt is funny. But then we took a trip in January last year and we wore shorts and tank tops till 10 at night and I was not cold at all. Just in case, bring them. You won't regret it.

Thanks for all your help! I didn't realize Sept was one of your warmer months.

And, if you are planning to buy a souvenir sweatshirt, don't pack one and just buy one at World of Disney! There's a huge variety. DD has done this in the past as she looooves sweatshirts!

Yeah I live in Nevada too, our nights are pretty warm here. So I can get chilly pretty easily.

I just remember getting ready to watch the Electric Parade and did not have a sweater two years ago. The wind picked up and we were all still a little wet from a ride.. Ended up having my husband run in to a store and spend $60 on a hooded sweatshirt! Granted I love that sweatshirt, but I wouldn't have paid that much for it normally.

So I always say better safe then sorry, it doesn't hurt anything to have a few things packed. Either that have some serious bucks on you if you guys get cold and need to buy sweatshirts! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter