Getting Past a bad experience

wolfaroo

Earning My Ears
ok ....so I had a bad DW experience about 5 years ago- I don’t want to go into details, but it had to do with a very crabby Disney bus driver who overstepped his boundaries and was extremely rude and humiliated me and my son.
I did report it because I didn’t want him to go around ruining the magic for others as he had for me, but I have found that I can’t seem to get past it. It has permanently dampened my lifetime love of all things Disney.
I’ve pictured Elsa telling me to “let it go” many times in my head over the years but to no avail.
I visited DW two years ago for a
Milestone birthday and stayed off site so I would not have to use their busses. The whole trip was significantly less magical for me. You pay that much, you want your magic!! I visited DL a year ago and had a better time because it is just such an entirely different atmosphere than the World. But I am still scarred by this interaction- it was just so profoundly magic-killing that I am having a hard time forgiving Disney.

How do I “let it go???” Any advice? Anyone struggled with something similar?

Can't say I've ever had something similar happen at DW but in real life people can suck just as much! I'd say that only you can "let it go" and until you do your allowing this one person ruin something for you that you obviously love. Don't let one a** have that much control over you or your families life. They aren't worth it and you are stronger than them, and remember for everyone 1 bad apple there are hundreds that are sweet. You got this!!

Never had a bad experience on the buses (other than the crowds which we don't like) but we avoid them. We either rent a car or take a cab now. We enjoy staying on site (or at the neighboring Swan) for the "magic". Enjoy everything Disney without the buses. You have other options for getting around.

Do you have someone supportive that travels with you that could help you through this? While logically the bad bus driver is an outlier it is hard to apply logic to a wound that is emotional. Don't just let it go, conquer this. Tighten up the ole chin strap on the mouse ears and charge that hill!

Be strong, have faith, book your trip, and hop on that bus.

My only bad Disney story, sorta.....
When I have a bad experience relating to someplace I really enjoy I have to make a 'do over' trip, a good trip to replace the memory of the bad. Case in point. Took my daughter to college in Clearwater and tied it in with our first big Disney World trip. I knew in my gut that going to that college was not right, but she was a young woman and had made her decision. While the Disney part was good, the leaving her at school part was awful and tainted the whole experience. Fast forward a semester.....she was ready to come home. It was not a good situation and she left her stuff in storage and I drove down to pick it up. Even though it was two days driving down and two days back with a plan to just get her stuff I had to plan a Disney day. We hit Hollywood Studios and had an awesome day that took the bad taste of the previous trip away.

I get where your coming from. But. As other posters have said. Don’t let one episode hinder your life. There are so many wonderful people out there and a few rotten ones to. Don’t let them win

We have done both many times. Busses rent a car and last one we Uber
Honestly depending on what time of year your going
I found taking Uber and not waiting fir buses was much easier

On Etsy, I found a 25 count of Hersheys chocolate nuggets school busses for $12.75. While it is a school bus, there is no way if you give a gift like that to a Disney bus driver, they will not be appreciative to you. While silly in some people's eyes, you will start each bus ride in a happy way and your relationship with "them" will take a turn in the right direction!

Come on... you can't come to the DIS and NOT go into the details!!! ;) You know you want to share with us... you're not the only one this has ever happened to, whatever it is :D
We make jokes about bus driver authority around here, because really ONE person's bad behavior isn't the whole of Disney. In the moment it's awful... but you are not alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter