Getting Own Luggage instead of letting Disney World get it for you?

Wendy Lee

Earning My Ears
We get Disney Magical Express transportation to the hotel as part of our package arriving in Orlando Memorial Day. I know Disney handles a LOT of luggage going to many different resorts.

1. Based on experience or what you have heard from others who have used the magical express luggage service, do you think we would be wise to get our luggage ourselves?
2. If we get it ourselves, are we allowed to take it on the Magical Express bus with us?

You could definitely get it yourself, but may I suggest just letting them do it. It is so nice to just leave you luggage at your starting airport and not have to touch it until you get to your room. We have used it twice. Both times we arrived at the hotel, checked in, went to the room for a moment. Spent like 1 hour walking around checking things out at the resort and then when we got back to the room, our luggage is waiting right there for us in the room. It is a great service!

My DD and I go to Disney every year and use ME. Because it's just the two of us, we get our own luggage at baggage claim to take with us to the resort. The luggage is stored under the ME bus. If we need anything out of our luggage, we have it with us. If our room is not ready when we arrive, we give it to bell services to hold.

On the return trip back to the airport, we have to handle our own luggage because our airline is a nonparticipating airline.

We use ME and let them take care of our luggage. It has worked great for us. Last May there were 7 of us and it was a great start to our vacation to not have to carry and wait for our luggage once we landed. They brought it right to our room! We are planning on using it again in September when we go.

I also suggest that you let them handle your luggage.. I've used it well over 10 times and have never once had an issue.. Its great because its not something else i have to deal with once i get to the hotel if my room is not ready i can just check in and take off to the parks and when i return later that day/night it is right there waiting for me... If you plan on not going to the parks that day just pack your bathing suit in your carry on if you want to use the pool... DME to me is the greatest thing ever!:lmao:

Thanks for the input guys. My cautious side says pick it up myself but the "I'm ready to relax and enjoy my vacation" side says be spoiled and let them do it for us. The only other time we went was 8 years ago and we used it and it worked fine. Maybe we will just say a prayer for our luggage and use it. ( : We will be able to get to the parks faster that way.

There is nothing like getting off the plane and being able to go straight to the ME.

I have used it before. If you are really concerned about your luggage, I would pack a carry-on bag with one entire outfit, pjs, toothbrush and hairbrush, and deodarant. Just so that you have the bare necessities.

I agree with the majority here. I've used Magical Express about 10 times now also with no, zero, nada issues whatsoever. I do, however, take my laptop, phones, camera, ipod etc. with my carry on and, as others have mentioned, a swim suit or some basics also in carry on. Relax...use it and enjoy one less thing to do!! I LOVE not having to wait for the baggage and lugging it around.

Got to agree with the majority here - there's no reason not to let ME handle your luggage. It saves you time at the airport. You don't have to lug (that's why its called luggage) it to the check-in desk at the hotel. You don't have to lug it to your room. It all happens magically!

Definitely do the ME. The only thing we grab is the baby's bed, if we will be arriving late, otherwise it is so great to drop off the luggage and not have to think about it until it is sitting in our room. :thumbsup2

Another vote for letting ME grab your luggage for you. We have used the service 4/5 times and never had an issue.
This April we arrived after the 10pm luggage delivery cutoff. Getting our own luggage was aweful! Find the right carousel, wait for the bags, head back up to the third floor, cross over to side B, head back down 3 floors and find the ME busses all the while dragging the luggage..... Let's just say my future flights will be landing at MCO prior to 10pm!

We always use it unless we have a late flight. The first time we used it wea rrived late with my DS being 9 months at the time....we put the kids to sleep and waited up for the bags. We didnt get them until the next morning. So if you arrive early def use ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter