Getting into popular restaurants under 2 reservations?

Infamousmare

I didn't make it all the way through 3rd grade for
As I do every night, I did a quick search last night to see if I can get ressies for CRT and/or Le Cellier for our WDW trip (11/26 - 12/1). I'm also a regular on the canceled dining reservations thread here. ;)

It dawned on me today that I *might* be able to score reservations at these places if I break my party up...? First, is this legal? If so, I absolutely won't do it. Second, is it even possible? ...and with the system not allowing multiple reservations at one time, could I try this online? Or would I need to call and arrange this through Disney Dining?

As I do every night, I did a quick search last night to see if I can get ressies for CRT and/or Le Cellier for our WDW trip (11/26 - 12/1). I'm also a regular on the canceled dining reservations thread here. ;)

It dawned on me today that I *might* be able to score reservations at these places if I break my party up...? First, is this legal? If so, I absolutely won't do it. Second, is it even possible? ...and with the system not allowing multiple reservations at one time, could I try this online? Or would I need to call and arrange this through Disney Dining?

I don't know why it wouldn't be "legal", but be prepared to still be "separated" when you are dining. If that is fine with you then I say go ahead. I know for me personally, I would not want to have a meal with only one of my kids. I would rather eat somewhere else where we are guaranteed to be seated together. Also, be aware of the new cancellation policies. Good luck! Hopefully something will open up for your whole group.:thumbsup2

I don't know why it wouldn't be "legal", but be prepared to still be "separated" when you are dining.

:rotfl: And this is why I am constantly astounded that I was allowed to have children. I amaze myself with my random acts of stupidity! Um, it didn't occur to me that we *might* not be put at two separate tables right next to each other!

I did this to get our Via Napoli reservations. However, we are a party of 11. I have no issues with us getting seated separately. We have one reservation for 5 (which will be my family) and another reservation for 6 (which will be my brother's family plus my parents).

Somehow I was lucky enough to get all of the rest of our ADRs together (although I recognize we will likely still get split into two tables).

We're trying it at Le Cellier in January, but we don't mind if we're seated apart because we've got 4 adults/3 kids so no one is stuck at a table with only the kids for conversation (though I do foresee some arguments between the kids over who gets to eat with grandma & uncle and who gets "stuck" with mom & dad). I wouldn't chance it if it was just my own family of 5 traveling because neither DH nor I would be happy with the meal if we couldn't be seated together/near each other.

However, Keep trying once you arrive @ WDW. While there on my last week I scored Akershus for breakfast, and cancelled a CRT for dinner. As well as a chef mickey's as we were too tired after MNSVSHP to get up early for our 8:15 CM breakfast. When making ressie's, I took what I could get, not really thinking about being totally dependent on WDW buses due to the fact we flew this time. We just had NO desire to be at the buses by 7:15 or 7:30 waiting for a ride!
Also that being said, each night when I was planning for the next day I just had to check and see what was available. That was how I finally had the "perfect" ADR plan for my little family. Doing this may be a little harder now with the new CC policy, but fortunatly I had booked all my ressies prior to the new policy. (Please note I cancelled all ADR's within policy times, and never "no showed").
Since I booked Akershus once we got there for a late breakfast I knew we'd keep it and had no problem doing the required CC hold. So my advice is keep trying, and seee what pop's up! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter