Getaway through interval international, any opinions on best/closest to Disney?

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Need some opinions on timeshares in Orlando area, I know there are 1000s ;)
We can get a one bedroom at westgate lakes/towers/villas for about $400 (we're going in early november), is that the best for the price?
TIA

we own @ westgate lakes and resorts, it is a very short drive into Downtown Disney, Seaworld is right around the corner, Universal minutes down the road.Super Walmart seconds down the road. It is a great location and we always enjoy our stay here. WE always request lake view, 500 or 1200 section.

we own @ westgate lakes and resorts, it is a very short drive into Downtown Disney, Seaworld is right around the corner, Universal minutes down the road.Super Walmart seconds down the road. It is a great location and we always enjoy our stay here. WE always request lake view, 500 or 1200 section.

thanks so much!! Do you remember if 500 or 1200 section are refurbished? Everyone says to ask for a refurbished one. Close to a pool? Could you see the fireworks or is that too far away?

thanks!

We were at Westgate Lakes last March. Had a great time and it is a great location. I think we were in Building 1900 towards the back. It was not refurbished but still great. We did see the refurbished buildings and while they are nice the ones not refurbished are also nice. We had a 2 bed/2bath. Building 1900 is also has a pool on each side just steps away. I don't think you can go wrong with Westgate lakes for that price.

Checking the ratings on Timeshare User Group, Westgate Lakes scores pretty middle of the pack with a 7.5. If you can score one, all of the Marriots score much higher as do the two Sheraton Vistana properties.

Most of the resorts cluster pretty closely around Disney. We own at both Vistana and Silver Lake (not on II) and the commute to the parks runs about 10 minutes.

Giving this thread a friendly bump....

since free dining doesn't appear to be being offered for my dates (darn Jersey Week), we're leaning back towards off-site

Read some recent horror stories about Westgate Lakes :scared1:

would go with a Marriott in Marriott's world center.

those Imperial Palms (3-bedrooms), Royal and Sabal Palms - both 2-bedrooms.

if those are not available then Grande Vista (it is closer to Seaworld than WDW)

never go with Westgate if you can avoid it.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is nice too.

I have stayed in or toured just about all resorts in Disney area.
Being an RCI member myself, I would not hesitiate to ever trade or purchase a getaway into any of these,
my top 5:

!.Wyndham Bonnet Creek; right on Disney property just down strret from DTD and you can request a room that has fireworks view ( usually face parking lot but higher up it doesnt matter) the older buildings though still nice and somerefurbshed recently face pools lake and have firework views if higher up. Building 5 & 6 are the newest.

2: Sheraton Vistana on 535 close to DTD all refurbished and beautiful, lots of activities and pool options or Sheraton Vistana Villages on I drive. Beautiful grounds, just off 535 or 407 10 min from disney

3: The Fountains villas a BlueGreen resort on I drive close to I4 seaworld, prime outlets and shopping, 535 and DTD 10-15 min drive to WDW. This place has been remodeled and have nice staff and pool areas, ask for building face Lake for great peceful views. onsite entertainment is nice for families. Close to all.

4: Hilton Grande vacations either property, The Idrive is newest right next to Prime outlets and eating/grocery walgreens all walking distance. 5 min to DTD and I4 on Vineland. 10 min to WDW. Seaworld location is close to all orlando parks and highways. Has great family activities & staff..ask for refurbished buildings

5: any Marriott, Grande Vista getting a little run down in the rooms offered to RCI exchange but still a nice place.

There are other places as well, but I look for these first. I would not recommend Legacy resorts, Westgate or other wyndham properties other than Bonnet Creek unless quality/staff doesnt matter to you.

Holiday Inn Orange lake is mixed. Hard to get newer refurbished units. They charge for EVERYTHING and its almost to huge to enjoy. It offers a lot but timeshare sales are pushy and relentless. Staff friendliness varies. Its a crap shoot. Some love others not so much.

Well thats my opinion, based on my personal experiences :wave2:

So I was looking at II Getaways for the week that I assume you'd be going - week begining November 3rd - and saw the 1BR villas at the various Westgates for $399. While I know that every vacation dollar counts, I'd suggest that you consider spending $78 more and selecting Sheraton Vistana Resort. SVR is newly refurbished throughout and is really conveniently located for Disney and other Orlando-area attractions. Lots to do and many resort amenities at Vistana Resort and, in my opinion, well worth the extra dollars.

Dick Taylor

So I was looking at II Getaways for the week that I assume you'd be going - week begining November 3rd - and saw the 1BR villas at the various Westgates for $399. While I know that every vacation dollar counts, I'd suggest that you consider spending $78 more and selecting Sheraton Vistana Resort. SVR is newly refurbished throughout and is really conveniently located for Disney and other Orlando-area attractions. Lots to do and many resort amenities at Vistana Resort and, in my opinion, well worth the extra dollars.

Dick Taylor

Lol, your right. Those $399 ones are what I saw. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter