Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 33, September 8

The end of the story ………

It felt like just minutes until the night was over and breakfast was served.

IMG_1961_zpsanzgok61.jpg

There were several plates on the tray, one with cold food and one with hot. The cold plate had

IMG_1969_zpsrez82gqr.jpg

ham and turkey ham, cheese, tomato, cream cheese spread, some walnuts, a piece of carrot and

IMG_1970_zps5ahwkxjo.jpg

some whole grain bread. The hot plate had an

IMG_1964_zpshdyieoqh.jpg

omelet, some breakfast potatoes, spinach and tomatoes and there was even a small plate with

IMG_1967_zpsn7czmikm.jpg

grapefruit sections and blueberries. And soon we approached Frankfurt

IMG_1971_zpsl3zkd7w4.jpg

IMG_1972_zpsmnim3n1s.jpg

and we could see their high rises from the window. Once we had landed we needed to get through passport and then wandered on to the Business Lounge in Frankfurt again.

IMG_1975_zpsbjzhvopo.jpg

There was nothing else to do, so we checked emails and then grabbed another bite to eat.

IMG_1973_zps67raa6dj.jpg

IMG_1974_zpskk3cg8pi.jpg

Hot Dog sausages with mustard and some lovely European whole grain baguette. There was not that much time in between flights so after a while we decided to head towards the departure gate for the last leg of our trip. We got there just as boarding started and quickly got seated.

IMG_1976_zps6e0oej9j.jpg

It did not take long after we had taken off

IMG_1977_zps8jy0927e.jpg

that we were served yet another meal.

IMG_1978_zpst7br2jlp.jpg

The small dish had

IMG_1985_zpso5opipcj.jpg

chunks of pineapple, some stewed strawberries and loads of pistachios and the larger plate had

IMG_1984_zpslavdqz9f.jpg

chunks of sausages, egg spread, cheese, a small hamburger, some radishes and gurkins and some grapes, together with a

IMG_1987_zpscpeh3so8.jpg

lovely roll and some

IMG_1988_zpsjttmjv24.jpg

mustard. There was also a

IMG_1986_zpsmtn5xpnb.jpg

bar of chocolate. We had to eat quite fast, as the flight is only 55 minutes and they needed to stow things again. Soon we arrived at our home airport

IMG_1990_zpsfkwtumqg.jpg

IMG_1991_zpss5l4e3j1.jpg

and got off the plane, walked into the customs hall and waited for our luggage. We were lucky and it came out soon enough and we walked through customs and out to the taxi stop, where a friend of Tom’s was waiting to take us home.

Yay for reaching the end and home. Normally the end of a trip report is sad, but you have so many fabulous trip reports going on, it just means that now we get to hear more about those other trips. Plus you have another one coming up in March!

Yay for reaching the end and home. Normally the end of a trip report is sad, but you have so many fabulous trip reports going on, it just means that now we get to hear more about those other trips. Plus you have another one coming up in March!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to have at least one TR finished! :woohoo:And it was about time too! ::yes::

Working on Tom's birthday trip/summer vacation TR right now. And since that is a "short one" I hope to get that one done soon. :littleangel:

Very nice wrap up! Lufthansa always has the best looking airplane food. :)

Jill in CO

I was several pages behind and you were power posting!!

Great end to the trip. It was 2 years ago right? I miss the old paper fastpass days still.
Reading this helped cheer me up a bit tonight. Feeling the Disney blues and I needed a good does of beautiful park pictures with some of my favorite people!

Nice meals on the planes very nice !!! Glad all went well getting home !!

We never like going home, but it was a lovely long vacation and flying home business class helped with the hurting heart. ;)

Very nice wrap up! Lufthansa always has the best looking airplane food. :)

Jill in CO

Thank you, Jill! Yes, one of the advantages of flying Lufthansa - they at least feed you well. ;)

I was several pages behind and you were power posting!!

Jen, it feels like I am constantly pages behind. :rotfl: I really wanted to finish that baby off, having it run for over two years was long enough. I did not even plan for it that long. :rotfl2:

Great end to the trip. It was 2 years ago right?

Yes, that was our 2013 trip. It was one of the really really fun ones. Not that not all of our trips were fun, but this one turned out to be one of the top ones.

Reading this helped cheer me up a bit tonight. Feeling the Disney blues and I needed a good does of beautiful park pictures with some of my favorite people!

Glad I could cheer you up a bit, Jen! Having two trips to plan, my Disney blues is really low at the moment, but I know how that Disney withdrawel can feel. :hug:

Karin- my sister just introduced me to your amazing trip reports! I'm hooked! I can't stop reading them! Thanks for posting such great pics and travel updates! Really enjoying your adventures!

Karin, I just spent the last couple of hours reading your trip report. I'm in absolute awe of what looks to be the most amazing and beautiful vacation that one could ever dream of. I couldn't even imagine being able to do something like that. Can't wait to read about your next adventure!

I apologize ...... I missed those two posts while we were on vacation!

Karin- my sister just introduced me to your amazing trip reports! I'm hooked! I can't stop reading them! Thanks for posting such great pics and travel updates! Really enjoying your adventures!

:welcome: to the world of my trip reports. ;) I am glad you enjoyed this one. I have three more running and would love to see you there. Feel free to chime in on my new ones. Links are in my signature.

Karin, I just spent the last couple of hours reading your trip report. I'm in absolute awe of what looks to be the most amazing and beautiful vacation that one could ever dream of. I couldn't even imagine being able to do something like that. Can't wait to read about your next adventure!

I am glad you enjoyed reading about our 2013 adventures. It was a great trip, but we have another even bigger ones in the planning stages. I am including planning into my latest TR and would love to see you there.

Last edited:
I apologize ...... I missed those two posts while we were on vacation!

I hope you had a great time! We just got back from WDW, and a cruise on the Magic! We did brunch at Palo on your recommendation and you were right on! :worship:Already planning my next cruise in September! Can't wait to catch up on your other reports! :earsboy:

I hope you had a great time! We just got back from WDW, and a cruise on the Magic! We did brunch at Palo on your recommendation and you were right on! :worship:Already planning my next cruise in September! Can't wait to catch up on your other reports! :earsboy:

We had a great trip and enjoyed the Flower and Garden Festival (and a bit more) for 8 days. And even though it was Easter and the parks were crowded we had a great time.

I am glad you enjoyed Palo! Brunch is always such a treat. And cruising again in September! Where are you going to? Which ship?

We had a great trip and enjoyed the Flower and Garden Festival (and a bit more) for 8 days. And even though it was Easter and the parks were crowded we had a great time.

I am glad you enjoyed Palo! Brunch is always such a treat. And cruising again in September! Where are you going to? Which ship?

We are a little bummed we missed the Flower Garden festival this year. So glad you enjoyed it! :flower1:

We'll be on the Dream for another Halloween on the High Seas cruise to the Bahamas. They are so much fun! We are going with friends and can't wait. I just special ordered a new Halloween themed FE! :hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!