German citizen document ?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by miatamel, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. miatamel

    miatamel DIS Veteran

    Sep 20, 2005
    I'm an American married to a German citizen. My TA assured me all he needed for our Nov. cruise was his DL and his green card. We can't find his passport--hasn't used it since he got to this country--and his birth certificate is in Germany.
    Do the green card thing sound right to y'all? Everything I've read here just applied to American and Canadian citizens.
  2. ivanova

    ivanova <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi

    Jan 21, 2002
    Well, this is what I found on another cruise line's website:
    Not sure if contacting the State Dept for guidance would help, or if you need to contact the German Consulate/Embassy for guidance.
  3. stampurheartout

    stampurheartout Earned my Ears

    Mar 11, 2005
    Ivanova with all your respect I beg to differ. :guilty: I found this info on, which does not specify anything regarding Non-Us Citizens requirements.

    Here is a what I found :

    ALL U.S. Citizens are required to carry proof of citizenship, which includes one of the following:

    Valid U.S. Passport (not expired) or

    Original Birth Certificate - State Certified with acceptable picture identification. U.S. Citizens who are 17 years and under are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification.
    In order for the certificate to be valid, it needs to be issued by the state, city or county and has a raised seal or a certified stamp

    A copy of a birth certificate without a raised seal or certified stamp is not acceptable

    A hospital birth certificate is not state certified and is not acceptable

    Certified Naturalization Certificate, with acceptable picture identification

    United States citizens can visit the State Department’s travel website at, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 877-4USA-PPT for more information

    However based on the Passport to Disney Wonder we received from DCL for our up coming cruise in January and I quote:

    Non-Us Citizens -

    U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs)
    Must provide one of the following:

    :earseek: Unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)(also known as a "Green Card" or "Alien Registration Card")

    :bitelip: Expired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) and Form I-797 extending the validity of the card

    :cool1: Temporary Residence Stamp (ADIT STAMP) in unexpired Passport or on valid I-94 card or Temporary I-551 Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV)

    :moped: Unexpired Refuge Travel Document (Form I-571)

    Other U.S. Residents (Non-LPRs) -

    :Pinkbounc Unexpired Refuge Travel Document (Form I-571)

    :cheer2: Passport with a valid CBP stamp identifying the individual as an asylee or refuge

    :smooth: Unexpired Parole Authorization (Form I-512) and unexpired passport

    :wave: Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688) and unexpired passport

    To be more certain of what yor husband really needs, I will suggest you ask your ta for her to get with DCL and get a copy of the requirements. I find DCL website has extremly limited information when it comes to legal documentation requirements.

    Also is a good source of info. Hope this can help you out! :jumping1:

Share This Page