george the ghost on pirates of the caribbean

AlwaysLoveDisney

Dis Freak!!!
so i heard that if you're riding Pirates of the Caribbean and you say "i dont believe in george" or something, the ride will break down.
has anybody tried??
does it work?
im tempted to try it on my next trip ;]

No, but I will on my next trip. I love good Ghost stories and have experienced para normal activities first hand. I will keep you posted.

It's been long rumored that th CM's have to say goodnight to George at the end of business. Or the ride starts to experience multiple problems throughout the following day.

There is some variation on the story related to his death inside the attraction. Some say he was killed by a large beam that fell on him. Others say he fell from a ladder to one of the towers in the fire scene.

However, I haven't seen any actual proof that either of these stories are true. In fact if you search online you will see variations of these ideas and storys mixed with stories involving the Haunted Mansion as well as POTC and HM in Disneyland. It makes it hard to figure out exactly where things might have really happened lol.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

in realityland (?), david koenig pretty much debunks the george thing. according to him, there was no such death.

in realityland (?), david koenig pretty much debunks the george thing. according to him, there was no such death.

I hear George doesn't believe in David Koenig.

quite honestly, i'd believe even david koenig doesn't believe in himself with some of the things he's written, but that's a whole other thread.

I can't believe I will admit this, but I did actually say goodnight to George OUT LOUD as I was getting off of the ride..............and I can tell you that the ride never broke down on any day I was at WDW April 30-May 6. :)

Ok on the off chance that "George" would make the ride to break down (which I don't personally believe), I have to ask... Why would one WANT it to break down?? I don't enjoy being stuck on a ride that is broken down and I don't enjoy being in a line of complaing people when a ride that breaks down and I don't enjoy the lines it creates at other attractions when people leave that line to get on another due to the break down:scared1:

quite honestly, i'd believe even david koenig doesn't believe in himself with some of the things he's written, but that's a whole other thread.
Yes, I know I'm going a little off-topic here :-)offtopic:) but....

Supposedly, of the Disney books (Mouse Tales, More Mouse Tales, Mouse Under Glass and Realityland), only the first, Mouse Tales, contains outright fabrications -- apparently Koenig didn't do a whole lot of fact-checking on that one. However, I've heard that he learned his lesson and the other books were researched and fact-checked much better.

I actually made my sister try this on our trip this past December. She said, "George," three times in the fire scene just like I read, and seriously, the ride stopped just before unloading. We were stuck for about 10 minutes.

Now, I am not saying George is real or anything, but what a coincidence huh??? ;)
And my hands were clean.. I just blamed it on my sister :)

YES!!! I was taking an unoffical tour backstage at MK while a CM. We said something (can't remember what) and while we were in the control room the ride broke down and everyone was evacuated.

My exDH "tested" the theory saying George 3 times in the fire scene - ever since he has tried to ride POTC it has been shut down - LOL! I guess George doesn't like him! :confused3

i told george he didn't exist as well as a bunch of other things.....nothing happen.

I actually made my sister try this on our trip this past December. She said, "George," three times in the fire scene just like I read, and seriously, the ride stopped just before unloading. We were stuck for about 10 minutes.

Now, I am not saying George is real or anything, but what a coincidence huh??? ;)
And my hands were clean.. I just blamed it on my sister :)

last year the ride broke down right when we were in the fire scene but I swear we didnt' say anything about george. My son had to use the restroom too and we had such a long wait on the boat.

I broke down twice on pirates. We were stuck in the scene right before the fire scene the first time and the 2nd time, we were waiting to get into the boat (we were the next family to board) and the entire ride just shut down. We had to wait forever and the line of people behind us was backed up very badly. There was a storm outside so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but my mom was with us and she had never been on Potc before but she knew about the drop so she was very nervous. I was nervous because CM's were running around as if something had happened, but everything seemed to be ok and the ride resumed. I wonder if George had anything to do with it.

You all have me a little spooked out. I'm going to be nervous the next time I ride POTC.

I had read at some point that you could sometimes "see" George or something ghost like just before the drop. I'm always looking for "him" but have never seen anything but darkness.

I don't know if George can break down POTC, but I do know that Kobe Bryant can. Once we were all set to go ride it (this was right after the reopening with the new changes) and were told by a CM at the entrance, that the ride had broken down. Turns out Kobe was getting an exclusive ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter