George Lucas’ Biggest ‘Star Wars’ Mistakes

I've never watched clone wars but I've heard it gives some context to people who otherwise randomly popped up in the movies (dooku and grievous) Dooku's motivations for leaving the Jedi are actually interesting and should've been expounded upon in the movie. But instead we just heard Hayden christiansens opinion on sand

It's definitely worth a watch...Netflix giveth

I think the barebones plot was ok but the story itself sucked. The Jedi look stupid throughout most of the movie, given the Sith Lord is right under their nose. The "conflict" anakin had could've been much deeper; the Jedi were corrupt and stuck in their ways, and the sith were obviously power hungry, but more open to ideas than the Jedi. There's an article somewhere about the internets on this, about how the prequels could've been a lot deeper and riveting, but George told a crap story with crap dialogue
You know it is bad when they made an academy award winning actress look like a worse actor than what you'd see in a middle school play. The worst acted scene I've ever seen has got to be Episode II when Natalie Portman falls out of the hovercraft.

Last edited:
You know it is bad when they made an academy award winning actress look like a worse actor that what you'd see in a middle school play. The worst acted scene I've ever seen has gotten to be Episode II when Natalie Portman falls out of the hovercraft.

Well...she hadn't one an oscar YET...

...but all those actors were bad. They couldn't make lemonade out of the lemon scripts.

Truly horrible movies that made the world a worse place

want to know how big the difference is between Episode II and the Clone Wars series? My wife forgot Hayden played Anakin. She considers the Clone Wars cartoon Anakin to be the one 'true' Anakin. The cartoon version is just that much more better acted and written.

want to know how big the difference is between Episode II and the Clone Wars series? My wife forgot Hayden played Anakin. She considers the Clone Wars cartoon Anakin to be the one 'true' Anakin. The cartoon version is just that much more better acted and written.
I think Hayden is kinda scapegoated for that debacle. I'm not saying he's a thespian actor, but if you're reading a fifth grade level script, what can you really do?

I think Hayden is kinda scapegoated for that debacle. I'm not saying he's a thespian actor, but if you're reading a fifth grade level script, what can you really do?

It's 1000% lucas's fault...

No other excuses needed. In many ways...it started to take a wrong turn late in the production of Empire Strikes Back...but luckily there was still enough good people around to keep some of the good characteristics going till 1983...

When you are a rich, not too creative nut who only believes what you want and surrounds yourself with Yes men...you end up drowning yourself In your own egomaniacal world...

.....I'm guessing Lucas can't be the ONLY example of this.

At least Rick McCallum will never be seen in Hollywood again.

Just think about that: the producer of the most anticipated movies in film history unceremoniously fired in public by Disney prior to acquisition...and then last heard doing special effects for B movies in like Slovakia or something?

Just consider how much of a torpedo hit that is..and it's all on George.

He failed to simply make a "seamless" connection between Hayden Christensen's Anakin to what we believe was under the mask in the original trilogy......When I watch the OT in no way does it feels like Lucas's vision of Anakin from the prequels is the Darth Vader we all knew

Our 9 year old daughter made fun of the love scene dialog in the prequels. That's bad when a 9 year old rips your writing with zero prompting from her parents. It's really that bad. George should stick to big ideas and let others handle detail and execution.

It's 1000% lucas's fault...

No other excuses needed. In many ways...it started to take a wrong turn late in the production of Empire Strikes Back...but luckily there was still enough good people around to keep some of the good characteristics going till 1983...

When you are a rich, not too creative nut who only believes what you want and surrounds yourself with Yes men...you end up drowning yourself In your own egomaniacal world...

.....I'm guessing Lucas can't be the ONLY example of this.

At least Rick McCallum will never be seen in Hollywood again.

Just think about that: the producer of the most anticipated movies in film history unceremoniously fired in public by Disney prior to acquisition...and then last heard doing special effects for B movies in like Slovakia or something?

Just consider how much of a torpedo hit that is..and it's all on George.

I was going to write almost exactly the same as you. You completely nailed it!

For anyone who's a real SW fan I suggest you watch the Red Letter Media reviews of the Prequel films on YouTube. Though there's plenty of bad language there's also a very inciteful and detailed explanation of exactly what went wrong and why.

In a nutshell, arrogant Lucas surrounds himself with sycophants, lousy writing, non existent 'remote' direction, over reliance on technology, not understanding or respecting your audience. Basically everything that's the polar opposite of A New Hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!