George Foreman Grill

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
Anybody here use the George Foreman Grill? DH and I got one for Valentine's Day, thinking it would help keep us on our diet by allowing us to grill quick dinners. Any good recipe ideas or tips? We tried chicken breasts and I think I'd like them better if I pounded them out a little so they weren't so thick. It was easy and clean-up was quick.

I love my George Foreman Grill!! I like to marinate chicken in any number of things and grill them. Just a tip, if you cannot clean the grill right away as soon as you are done using it place wet paper towels on the grill and close the lid. Make sure you unplug the grill. WHen you are ready to clean it it will be a snap. So easy to clean that way!! Enjoy!

I've got one, but haven't really "gotten into it" quite yet. I never have been able to clean it right away, so I've had a hard time cleaning it, but now that I read Jiminy102's idea, I'll try that and hopefully, use it more often.

I tried making shih-kabobs and that worked so-so. It was hard to get the veggies to cook decent at that angle, and they kept trying to slide off. Anyone have any ideas?

I've got one. And it's going in the next garage sale. We found we used it frequently at first, but then it sat in my cabinet and hardly ever got used. Yes, it does cook food fast, but the cleanup is a nightmare in my opinion. You have to get the grease out of all of those cracks (at least *I* do....maybe others are fine leaving it there till the next time)

I found that between cooking and clean up it didn't save any time over the traditional grill. And then to make matters worse I didn't think it had that "grilled" taste like you get on a real grill.

Also it made the house stinky.

That's MHO and my experience.

Maybe you should think about selling it on Ebay if you seriously don't want to keep it. You usually get better prices there than at garage sales. Sorry you didn't like it.

Thanks for the cleanup tip, Jiminy. I tried it last night. The thing's been a pain to clean ever since I lost that plastic fork thingie.:)

I don't use mine often, but it does make yummy hamburgers. I buy the leanest ground beef there is and in the smallest package they have at the store (usually about 3/4 pound). I chop up a bunch of veggies and add them--zuccini, onions, mushrooms, carrots, or whatever I have on hand. If it starts to not stick together, sometimes I add some Egg Beaters to make it stick better. I also add a little low sodium soy sauce for flavor. I make about 8 patties out of that 3/4 pound of meat. I guess turkey might be lower in fat, but these are really good.

I always spray mine with cooking spray before using it. It makes clean-up so much easier. We do marinated London Broil on ours most of the time, but have tried chicken, shrimp and pork chops also. All good. A GF cookbook came with ours. I don't know if you can buy it separately.

Linda

I have a little one I donated to a friend because my grandmother recently bought us the extralarge GFG(because DH eats like he's a starvation victem all the time).I love mine and I use it just about every day.I've cooked hamburgers,chicken and even tuna steaks on it!I also use it to make really fast grill cheese sandwiches.It's easier than the traditional method and healthier since I don't have to put down a lot of melted butter or butter spray to toast it.I thought the plastic fork thingie was for making taco meat???:confused: That's what the book that came with mine said anyway.*shrugs*Those grills rule,esp wh en it's cold and/or wet outside and I can't use the gas grill.

Ursula

My Mom gave me hers when she wanted a larger one. I got her a big one for her birthday. Well, she gave me the bok, but when we moved.....well the book can't be found.

Anyone that can post some good recipes (low-fat of cours) I would really apprecite it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!