Genie+ only one of us will get it, questions

DawnM

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am still trying to figure out the Genie+ stuff.
We have 6 in our party. Two of the party will be getting Genie+ and we are all tied to a DAS pass.

If I have the app on my phone, do I have access to the Genie+ for the two that will be buying it if they are part of our party? I assume I will have it. They are teenagers so they dont' want to get up at 7 to book so I would like the ability to do it for them as we are always up by then.

I don't want to just assume I can do this for them, but I should be able to, correct?

I also can't seem to see. how much it will be for the week of June 12-16, does anyone know?

Just making sure.

Thanks

If they show up in you MDE as part of your party that you manage, then yes, you can select them for Genie+ Lightning Lane and/or ILL. You basically check boxes for each individual you want to buy for (for example, there are three in our family but one doesn't always want to do some of the ILLs, so I only buy for two of the three, by selecting only two of the three names that appear). But those individuals have to appear on your device as guests that you are managing for, in order for you to do that.

I also can't seem to see. how much it will be for the week of June 12-16, does anyone know?

Just making sure.

Thanks
There’s no way to know ahead of time how much it will cost per day. You can log in at midnight the night before to purchase it for the day and that’s the soonest you’d know the pricing.

There are many sites that track the pricing. This one is recommended https://www.thrill-data.com/news/disney-world-genie-plus-price-tracker/ Unfortunately data for last June wouldn’t be available because until October 22 it was a set price of $15 per person per day. I’m planning on $25 per person per day for August and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s lower and hopefully not too disappointed by how much higher it might be.

22 it was a set price of $15 per person per day. I’m planning on $25 per person per day for August and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s lower and hopefully not too disappointed by how much higher it might be
Unfortunately the more expensive the price the more you'll need it.

Last edited:

There’s no way to know ahead of time how much it will cost per day. You can log in at midnight the night before to purchase it for the day and that’s the soonest you’d know the pricing.

There are many sites that track the pricing. This one is recommended https://www.thrill-data.com/news/disney-world-genie-plus-price-tracker/ Unfortunately data for last June wouldn’t be available because until October 22 it was a set price of $15 per person per day. I’m planning on $25 per person per day for August and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s lower and hopefully not too disappointed by how much higher it might be.
Ah, that explains why I couldn't find the price online.

Unfortunately the more expensive the price the more you'll need it.
Sadly I figured on that as well. It’s definitely the case though- those days where it’s $35 per person have been the most crowded.

We go regularly enough that I would probably skip it entirely but between a 6 year old who won’t make it to fireworks and a 16 year old who’d rather sleep until noon I don’t see us getting much accomplished without paying up.

Sadly I figured on that as well. It’s definitely the case though- those days where it’s $35 per person have been the most crowded.

We go regularly enough that I would probably skip it entirely but between a 6 year old who won’t make it to fireworks and a 16 year old who’d rather sleep until noon I don’t see us getting much accomplished without paying up.
We are similar. We have older kids (oldest is 25!) and then a 5 year old. 5 year old wants to be there at rope drop but older kids might get up by noon and want to go to the parks around 2pm.

We have a DAS pass for 5 year old (adopted from foster care and has some significant delays and issues) so the rest of us will use that, but the teen wants to go off on his own and I want to make sure he isn't waiting for 3 hours per ride!

We are similar. We have older kids (oldest is 25!) and then a 5 year old. 5 year old wants to be there at rope drop but older kids might get up by noon and want to go to the parks around 2pm.

We have a DAS pass for 5 year old (adopted from foster care and has some significant delays and issues) so the rest of us will use that, but the teen wants to go off on his own and I want to make sure he isn't waiting for 3 hours per ride!
I completely get it- 19, 16, and 6 for us. Different interests, different sleep schedules, different abilities to wait in line and for what and for how long.

I do really wish pricing would be posted in advance (even a range but then again I guess there is a current range of something like $18-35) or this could be purchased in advance like it could be when this started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter