General newb planning questions...

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
We just booked a last minute trip May 24-May 29 at Cabana Bay. We will arrive by midnight Wednesday and leave by 9am Monday morning. We haven't been since 2001. Some things I need clarification on...

1. How long is the walk from CB to parks? Which is fastest shuttle or walk? There is no boat right?

2. If we want to do early entry what time should we leave resort by?

3. We have Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun available for park days. I am unsure how to plan it out. I am thinking of doing a 2 day park to park and maybe one day at the new water park and the 4th day possibly Disney Springs and mini-golf. I don't really understand the ticket structure. Is it cheaper to just buy one day water park tickets or add to multiday? If I buy the 2 day ticket ahead of time from UT, can we add these options later? Will I pay more that way?

4. I really want to hit parks 1st thing, sit down for lunch and head back to resort until maybe 5-6. Is that doable with 2 days to tour the 2 parks?

Thank You!

1. How long is the walk from CB to parks? Which is fastest shuttle or walk? There is no boat right?

- 20 minutes walk. You can either use the bridge, behind the gate on the Courtyard side parking lot.
- Cross the road (busy, watch out for cars) to Sapphire Falls. Take the boat there (if allowed), or walk to RPR and on to the parks (10/15 minutes)

the above options will get you to Citywalk, close to IoA. 5 more minutes to IoA, 10 to USO

you can also take the shuttle bus (5 minutes) to Citywalk, but you'll end up at the security checkpoit, just after the garage. You'll need to take the moving walkways and walk all through Citywalk (10/15 minutes to parks)

all in all, you're facing 20 minutes door to door, the ony difference will be how much walking involved.

2. If we want to do early entry what time should we leave resort by?

1 hour before EE start.
you want to be at the park gates 20/30 minutes before the start of the EE. The closer to EE start, the more crowded the resort security checkpoints near citywalk. If you didn't clear them 20 minutes before EE start, you'll most probably arrive in the park after the start of EE

3. We have Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun available for park days. I am unsure how to plan it out. I am thinking of doing a 2 day park to park and maybe one day at the new water park and the 4th day possibly Disney Springs and mini-golf. I don't really understand the ticket structure. Is it cheaper to just buy one day water park tickets or add to multiday? If I buy the 2 day ticket ahead of time from UT, can we add these options later? Will I pay more that way?

check the price of a 2 parks ticket, and a 3 parks ticket. compare with the $65 admission fee for one day at VB
remember that you get EE at Volcano Bay
you'll be able to walk from CBBR to VB

4. I really want to hit parks 1st thing, sit down for lunch and head back to resort until maybe 5-6. Is that doable with 2 days to tour the 2 parks?

you should get most of it done before you go out of the parks in the afternoon.
parks are less busy in the first couple of hours, and in the last couple of hours before closing. take advantage of this

- 20 minutes walk. You can either use the bridge, behind the gate on the Courtyard side parking lot.
- Cross the road (busy, watch out for cars) to Sapphire Falls. Take the boat there (if allowed), or walk to RPR and on to the parks (10/15 minutes)

the above options will get you to Citywalk, close to IoA. 5 more minutes to IoA, 10 to USO

you can also take the shuttle bus (5 minutes) to Citywalk, but you'll end up at the security checkpoit, just after the garage. You'll need to take the moving walkways and walk all through Citywalk (10/15 minutes to parks)

all in all, you're facing 20 minutes door to door, the ony difference will be how much walking involved.

1 hour before EE start.
you want to be at the park gates 20/30 minutes before the start of the EE. The closer to EE start, the more crowded the resort security checkpoints near citywalk. If you didn't clear them 20 minutes before EE start, you'll most probably arrive in the park after the start of EE

check the price of a 2 parks ticket, and a 3 parks ticket. compare with the $65 admission fee for one day at VB
remember that you get EE at Volcano Bay
you'll be able to walk from CBBR to VB

you should get most of it done before you go out of the parks in the afternoon.
parks are less busy in the first couple of hours, and in the last couple of hours before closing. take advantage of this

Perfect! thanks for your input!

Thank You!

For as long as the offer lasts, Universal is offering the 4 day Splash, Stay and Play promotion that will basically add Volcano Bay to your 2 Park, Park to Park tickets at no real expense. It's a great offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter