GDDP - a new Disney abbreviation

VonBaroketch

Mouseketeer
After listening to show 100, I created a new Disney abbreviation, "GDDP." I will not explain the whole thing, but the "DP" stands for "dining plan." A common theme on the podcasts over the past two years (congrats to the DIS crew for 2 great years!) has been the decline of the food quality served in the table service restaurants. No doubt there are many reasons for this, but I personally have noticed a direct correlation between the invention of the GDDP and noticeable changes in the food. Now, we cannot eat steak anymore! This reminds me of when Capn' Jack's at the Marketplace changed from being an oyster bar to serving pot roast. Does anyone actually believe that there was a guest demand for pot roast? If my memory serves me correctly, I believe that when the GDDP first rolled out, Capn' Jack's was the only table service restaurant at Downtown Disney that accepted it. Hmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter