GCH, DLH and PPH all booked weekend of 10/18?

There is a huge national produce convention that weekend. They block of thousands of rooms. Many of the hotels will be sold out. Hubby works in produce so we will be there. Convention is Thursday-Saturday. I actually don't think the actual crowds will be that bad as most of those people will be at the convention. But the hotel rates are definitely high.
So that is really cool. I guess I've never thought about a produce convention before. Love my fruits and vegetables! Samples??? We will be there from the 19th - 25th. At the risk of causing a 'groan'.... LETTUCE 🥬 all have a PEACH 🍑 of a great time! That was corny! 🌽🌽🌽

Who knew produce would fill up all the hotels!! The only night that is fully booked is Friday night. I can get a room at the GCH for Saturday and Sunday nights. I may try to book that, then book the Friday night later if it opens up closer to the dates (when the conventions release any unhooked rooms). Or maybe I should just register for the produce convention??!!

Billion dollar companies. They have no issues filling up the rooms. Ha. This is the largest national convention though. Produce convention would probably cost you a nice 3K. Haha.

I am staying in a room booked for my husband. But I was able to book a separate room for family at the DLH Sat and Sun for family. This year the convention ends Saturday as opposed to Sunday so I think it will lighten up a lot by then. I suspect Friday will stay booked.

Who knew produce would fill up all the hotels!! The only night that is fully booked is Friday night. I can get a room at the GCH for Saturday and Sunday nights. I may try to book that, then book the Friday night later if it opens up closer to the dates (when the conventions release any unhooked rooms). Or maybe I should just register for the produce convention??!!

UEA is big freaking deal crowd wise at DLR- even though it’s now just a fall break. I believe the rooms are booked.
ETA: well it was a big deal LOL. No convention this year is very intriguing. But I absolutely believe the rooms are booked. DLR isn’t known to hold back inventory.
I looked at a couple 3rd parties, and none have rooms. I agree, it is sold out, but people may cancel as it gets closer.

Not sure how big of an impact this is, but the last Friday in October is Nevada day. I knew about 10 different people/families who went to Disneyland that weekend as well. I know a few more who now have the flex pass and are planning to go during that weekend if they get reservations. So yeah October is just a crazy month for breaks in neighboring states.

The kids and federal/municipal employees get this day off, but the rest of us don't. There aren't enough people in Nevada to make a huge impact for things like this in other states, honestly.

I think I will book a Hyatt or Hilton property that is a few miles away (since all the closer in ones seem booked) that is refundable, and then book GCH for Saturday and Sunday nights. If Friday night opens up at a later date when the room blocks are released from the produce-o-rama, then I will move to GCH Friday night. If it never opens up, not a huge dealbreaker as we will Lyft to the GCH Saturday morning early, check in, leave the bags, use early entry if it is going on that day, and keep right on going! Thanks all for your help. I never would have figured it out otherwise!

I booked a hyatt for the Friday night and the GCH for Saturday and Sunday nights. Been checking each day. Today some rooms opened up at GCH for Friday night but only TPV or DTD view (we usually book Woods view to save a few $$). I went ahead and booked it and will keep watching for Woods view to open. Yay!!

There is also a state pharmacy conference at DLH that weekend. I am sure there is a room block held for that and things may open up later (or they may not. Onsite rooms are currently sold out through the conference as well).

Sounds like a lot of folks will be conferencing while we are there just having fun!! I really wish the prices were not sky high that weekend, but that is par for the course in October anymore, I think... Even if there was not a convention!

There is also a state pharmacy conference at DLH that weekend. I am sure there is a room block held for that and things may open up later (or they may not. Onsite rooms are currently sold out through the conference as well).

My dad was a pharmacist and my mom was in the ladies' auxiliary and one year, there was some pharmacy/auxiliary thing held at the DLH where my mom got a special award for all she'd done (or something?). We got to stay in the bungalows. (long time ago - like in the 70s)

My dad was a pharmacist and my mom was in the ladies' auxiliary and one year, there was some pharmacy/auxiliary thing held at the DLH where my mom got a special award for all she'd done (or something?). We got to stay in the bungalows. (long time ago - like in the 70s)

I miss those rooms! We were staying at the Disneyland Hotel during the LA Earthquake. Every stay after that they would allow us to stay in the bungalows because staying in those towers while rocking is not fun!

Nice! I know a past president of this particular pharmacy group (CSHP- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists...basically hospital pharmacy) and the year he was president he was put up in the Adventureland Suite at DLH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter