GC Incentive if Housekeeping Declined? Update July 14 - Testing Concluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like WDW is about the only place that this type of cutback would work, lol. Where people are looking for any way possible to get an extra Mickey Bar. I don't think you would ever see a hotel anywhere else be able to get away with kind of thing ... or even attempt it!

But good on you Disney if this is true ... cause I never let anyone in my room. Besides, they want to come by so early! :coffee:

We keep our do not disturb up for a couple days in a row wherever we stay. If places wanted to give me a credit for something I already do I'd be all for it.

My ex didn't like housekeeping coming in. We kept the do not disturb on at all times. On our last WDW trip I just put a $5 bill and a note that we just wanted our towels refreshed under the housekeepers water bottle on their cart. Worked like a charm. Every other day we'd come back to a bag of towel and toiletries hanging on the door.

I like housekeeping. I don't usually have time in the mornings at home to make my bed, so on vacation it's a nice little "luxury" to come back to a made up bed and fresh towels. Plus I like having the trash emptied.

I don't care if they are going to offer perks for declining it, but I really hope they don't ever start charging extra for daily housekeeping.

Well I'm probably in the minority here, but I like coming back to my room after a day in the parks to fresh towels, a freshly made bed and empty trash cans. I guess if their experiment goes well, instead of an incentive for opting out of housekeeping, they will charge extra if you want it!

Well I'm probably in the minority here, but I like coming back to my room after a day in the parks to fresh towels, a freshly made bed and empty trash cans. I guess if their experiment goes well, instead of an incentive for opting out of housekeeping, they will charge extra if you want it!

We also love housekeeping. I don't go on vacation to make beds, wipe down counters and reuse damp towels. At these prices, there better not be any added charge for housekeeping-not one cent. That would be the end of our Disney trips forever and I wouldn't even be sorry about it. Talk about a line in the sand-that would be it for me.

Just checked into Movies, standard room. We are staying for 6 nights and were offered a $100 gift card. They said this is a pilot program being offered at Movies only.

Stayed at Sports in a preferred room for 5 nights, and Music preferred room 1 night during a split stay this week and this promo was not offered to us at either property.

Great promo but as a pp said, I also think they are testing the waters and eventually no incentive will be offered.

Just checked into Movies, standard room. We are staying for 6 nights and were offered a $100 gift card. They said this is a pilot program being offered at Movies only.

Stayed at Sports in a preferred room for 5 nights, and Music preferred room 1 night during a split stay this week and this promo was not offered to us at either property.

Great promo but as a pp said, I also think they are testing the waters and eventually no incentive will be offered.

Thank you for the in person update!

I'm quite surprised the amount offered for 6 nights was $100. I'd take that.

Interesting.

I think maybe they wouldn't stop the incentive. Maybe just find the least amount they could pay people to do it? Because from time spent on this board, I actually think they've got plenty of people who already decline regardless of compensation.

I'm one of the people who like housekeeping. I'm not worried about them charging extra for it though because it's such a basic amenity that it would never fly. But if they can get a small percentage of people to increase towel reusing and skip daily garbage, they would save a lot of money in labor and utilities over time. A lot of hotels are more and more pushing reusing towels- less for the environment, like they say, and more, I suspect, to lessen the laundry load.

The Dolphin cleans on the 4th day and you can opt for resort credit you mentioned OR SPG points! We do this when we stay there and just did a couple weeks ago. I haven't heard anything about Disney offering gift cards.

Tess, thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember the number of days.

I'm one of those people who likes housekeeping. I do 100% of the cleaning at my own home and I'll be darned if I'm going to clean on vacation too! I understand it comes down to personal preference though. I have to ask...what do those of you who decline housekeeping do with your trash all week?

I wonder what kind of response they would get if they offered extra Fast Passes instead of gift cards? I know some people do "no park" trips, so obviously that wouldn't be much incentive for them...

I'm one of those people that actually loves getting the housekeeping. I love coming back to a fresh room with the bed made and clean towels. You'd have to offer me a LOT of money to forgo that.

I'm one of those people who likes housekeeping. I do 100% of the cleaning at my own home and I'll be darned if I'm going to clean on vacation too! I understand it comes down to personal preference though. I have to ask...what do those of you who decline housekeeping do with your trash all week?

We don't really generate a lot of trash, mostly just receipts from the day. I tend to have my packages shipped back to the resort so have lots of bags from those, I stuff those all into each other but otherwise, we really don't put much in the trash cans. Maybe a water bottle here or there, we don't eat in our rooms very often and if we do, it's just snack food that's left over from the drive down.

I wonder what kind of response they would get if they offered extra Fast Passes instead of gift cards? I know some people do "no park" trips, so obviously that wouldn't be much incentive for them...

I'm one of those people that actually loves getting the housekeeping. I love coming back to a fresh room with the bed made and clean towels. You'd have to offer me a LOT of money to forgo that.

FPs wouldn't be any kind of incentive for us at all, we rarely use the three we get. It really wouldn't matter if they offered anything, we decline it anyway so anything they offer is just gravy for us.

We also love housekeeping. I don't go on vacation to make beds, wipe down counters and reuse damp towels. At these prices, there better not be any added charge for housekeeping-not one cent. That would be the end of our Disney trips forever and I wouldn't even be sorry about it. Talk about a line in the sand-that would be it for me.
I have to agree. That would definitely push me over the edge I'm already standing on about WDW.

I hope it becomes widespread, I decline housekeeping for the most part anyway. If I had to guess, there is already a certain percentage of guests declining service, enough for Disney to know it may work in their favor if they can get another certain percentage to accept the incentive.

IDK what they would end up doing if they kept the program but I will say gift cards are probably the most universal incentive you can give.

~People can use it for their bill at the resort
~People can use it for dining (many different places)
~People can use it for souvenirs (many different places)

I would assume, but I'm not sure, that it would be a Disney gift card that could be used also for Disney Store(.com)-at least I would hope so because that would mean someone could potentially save it and use it even when they've come back from vacation.

I'm sure some people would rather a credit on their account for the total bill at the resort but I can also see that not working for others who are paying for the resort in different ways (like CC with rewards or splitting the balance up certain ways).

This is probably going to be the end result here. You will get no compensation and will have to pay extra to get it. Another pay more, get less route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter