Gaylord Palms versus Marriott World Center

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at both? Trying to decide between the two. It will be DH and I, and our 7 and 8 year olds.
The kids love water slides, and we have a few free nights at Marriotts so was looking at these two.
We are interested in cleanliness, pools, and convenience to parks. (Apparently both offer shuttles but I can’t tell how good they are.)
Thanks in advance for any input!

I have stayed at both. I just love the grounds of Gaylord Palms and the water park is amazing. The only drawback (and its a biggie) is the restaurants are horribly overpiced. If you eat most meals off of this property you will love it.

If ound Marriot to be huge and just plain. No wow factor like GP

I have stayed at both. I just love the grounds of Gaylord Palms and the water park is amazing. The only drawback (and its a biggie) is the restaurants are horribly overpiced. If you eat most meals off of this property you will love it.

If ound Marriot to be huge and just plain. No wow factor like GP
Thank you for the feedback! The more I look at it the more I am liking Gaylord Palms! Seems to really have an almost “Vegas” feel to it:)

Thank you for the feedback! The more I look at it the more I am liking Gaylord Palms! Seems to really have an almost “Vegas” feel to it:)
You won’t be disappointed. It is a beautiful resort !

We haven't stayed at GP but have stayed several times at the Marriott World Center, and I think that driving from GP to/from DHS and AK is much easier than from Marriott. Driving to/from MK is probably a tossup, especially once the new flyover between Osceola Pkwy and Victory Dr opens; Epcot and Disney Springs are easier from Marriott than from GP. We've always had our own car, so I can't comment on shuttles, but if the shuttles take the same routes that a car would, then you might consider which parks you're likely to spend the most time in.

We haven't stayed at GP but have stayed several times at the Marriott World Center, and I think that driving from GP to/from DHS and AK is much easier than from Marriott. Driving to/from MK is probably a tossup, especially once the new flyover between Osceola Pkwy and Victory Dr opens; Epcot and Disney Springs are easier from Marriott than from GP. We've always had our own car, so I can't comment on shuttles, but if the shuttles take the same routes that a car would, then you might consider which parks you're likely to spend the most time in.
Great info! Thank you!

Has anyone stayed at both? Trying to decide between the two. It will be DH and I, and our 7 and 8 year olds.
The kids love water slides, and we have a few free nights at Marriotts so was looking at these two.
We are interested in cleanliness, pools, and convenience to parks. (Apparently both offer shuttles but I can’t tell how good they are.)
Thanks in advance for any input!
I have visited both, and stayed at the Marriott. I detest the Marriott World Center! It is huge and guests are captives... forced to eat a $20 hamburger. The GP, IMHO, is more quaint. The hotels are across the street from one another, so distance isn't really an issue. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter