Chrisbud14

Earning My Ears
So I’m planning on proposing on a Disney cruise I have coming up with my boyfriend and looking for ideas. I was thinking dinner at Remy and maybe asking the waiter to bring the ring with desert. Or Castaway is also an option. I definitely want some sort of photography involved to save these moments. Would the photographers/Shutters be willing to work with me for something at dinner or the beach? My only concern is that since we are 2 males it might catch some dirty looks from other guests.

Has anyone seen or had a gay proposal aboard the cruises? If so how was it? I’m really interested in learning more and possible suggestions to ease my anxiety haha.

Proposals (gay or otherwise) on cruises happen all the time. They will be happy to help set it up. I love the idea of doing it at Remy. If you talk to somebody at the podium the day before they will help you figure out all the details.

And I seriously doubt the two of you will receive any dirty looks from the other guests. Although I'm not gay, I've seen enough same sex couples on board (18 DCL cruises) to know that nobody gives it a second thought. You'll be welcomed.

Congrats! Haven't been on a dcl cruise but can say a gay proposal we saw at wdw last summer was met with applause.

If for some reason you can't find a photographer, if they are all booked or whatever, ask someone near by to snap a couple pics (subtly of course), most people are happy to help.

Have not seen a gay proposal on a Disney Cruise but we did see a gay wedding on our Disney Cruise in early 2019 (no one seemed to be negative at all and I didn't hear any snide comments or see any dirty looks).

Edit: (Obviously you know your soon-to-be fiancé but IMHO a proposal at Castaway Cay would be much more memorable/romantic and slightly less expected than at dinner - my completely unasked-for two cents!)

So I’m planning on proposing on a Disney cruise I have coming up with my boyfriend and looking for ideas. I was thinking dinner at Remy and maybe asking the waiter to bring the ring with desert. Or Castaway is also an option. I definitely want some sort of photography involved to save these moments. Would the photographers/Shutters be willing to work with me for something at dinner or the beach? My only concern is that since we are 2 males it might catch some dirty looks from other guests.

Has anyone seen or had a gay proposal aboard the cruises? If so how was it? I’m really interested in learning more and possible suggestions to ease my anxiety haha.
Don't have an answer but this is SO cool. Am really interested in the replies....and also your update when the cruise is over! (heart)

Congrats

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!